The 'Lockdown' Saints Quiz

Colinjb

Tried this a few times before, have been pretty good at helping to alleviate boredom.

The rules:

1) Questions must be Saints related

2) Questions must have a definitive single answer

3) The first correct answer on the thread wins

4) The person who answers the question right sets the next one.

5) If the person who answers the question right does not set a new question within 12 hours, the person who sets the previous question goes again.

I will post a leaderboard here:

As per post 155

Turkish 3

Badgerx16 2.5

Tamesaint 2

Lets B Avenue 2

Colinjb 1

Paulwantsapint 1

SFCForever 1

It's There 1

CB Fry 1

The Cat 1

Saint Garrett 1

Badger 1

SKD 0.5

Edited by Colinjb

in the 90s saints squad contained two German born players who both won international caps but not for Germany. Who are they are for a a bonus points which countries did they play for?

Both in the 90’s?

I know Cédric was German born, but obviously doesn’t fit..

If I remember rightly Maik Taylor (goal keeper for NI) was German born... or somewhere in that region

in the 90s saints squad contained two German born players who both won international caps but not for Germany. Who are they are for a a bonus points which countries did they play for?

Pretty sure one of these is Maik Taylor, player for Northern Ireland. (As SKD says above) No idea about the other guy. Perhaps military parents, playing for Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland again?

Pretty sure one of these is Maik Taylor, player for Northern Ireland. (As SKD says above) No idea about the other guy. Perhaps military parents, playing for Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland again?

Alan Neilson, ( Wales )..

You can set the next question.

Alan Neilson, ( Wales )..

You can set the next question.

correct, both were born in Germany to parents serving in the armed forces and went onto play for Saints at the same time, Taylor for N Ireland and Nielsen for wales.

I’ll go...

Name the 2 forwards involved in a cash + player swap deal in 2007 (neither to or from saints but did involve a manager who would go on to manage us), who would then both go on to play for Saints.

Bonus point the manager

I’ll go...

Name the 2 forwards involved in a cash + player swap deal in 2007 (neither to or from saints but did involve a manager who would go on to manage us), who would then both go on to play for Saints.

Bonus point the manager

Billy Sharp/Jonno Quick - Could only be Nigel Adkins.

Bridgey? Was thinking Theo but not sure he was born in Southampton.

raised in Newbury born in Stanmore

wayne bridge was raised in Winchester, probably born there too but not definite on that. Walcott was from Newbury.

I do wonder if it’s Danny Ings?

Not Ings

wayne bridge was raised in Winchester, probably born there too but not definite on that. Walcott was from Newbury.

I do wonder if it’s Danny Ings?

just checked and Bridge according to Wiki which is always 110% correct(:lol:)..was born in Southampton and moved to Winchester at a young age...with 36 caps, thought it was more than that tbh.

just checked and Bridge according to Wiki which is always 110% correct(:lol:)..was born in Southampton and moved to Winchester at a young age...with 36 caps, thought it was more than that tbh.

I think this is correct, but he doesn't qualify under the "raised in Southampton" category as he moved to Winchester when he was a young.

Unbelievable- I got one correct!

Next question then

Agustin Delgardo scored his only league goal against which Premiership team and what was the final score?

(NB I was there!! And so wanted him to be a success, like many others!!)

Unbelievable- I got one correct!

Next question then

Agustin Delgardo scored his only league goal against which Premiership team and what was the final score?

(NB I was there!! And so wanted him to be a success, like many others!!)

Arsenal. 3-2 ???

Didnt the ball hit his knee and went in from a yard out.

Arsenal. 3-2 ???

Didnt the ball hit his knee and went in from a yard out.

Yep. He also won us a penalty by virtue of the fact he was so slow he had a ten yard head start on Sol Campbell 30 yards out but still got caught and then threw himself on the floor at the slightest contact. What a signing!