Takeover Latest Gossip

saints_is_the_south

they said earlier that KK was in talks with MLT about how to take the club forward and said they would have more soon. think that was about an hour ago so not sure how soon is soon.

from some of the other things that are being said it sounds like Pinnale in today and maybe sort the manager out next week sometime rather than all in 1 hit.

Yes - its the KK for manager bit that now seems to be as dead as a dodo having been considered almost fact yesterday. The Echo headlines state MLT expected to be announced as Chairman today but KK will not be the next manager. Says he has doubts whether he wants a job in football at all, and in any case needs to fight his compensation case with Newcastle to conclusion before he can take a job.

I do think we are all going to be a little underwhelmed with the info coming out today. I'm sure everything will be fine, but announcements of new managers and the manifesto for the future will follow next week once the new board have had a chance to draw breath after the take over.

Just my guess.

I do think we are all going to be a little underwhelmed with the info coming out today. I'm sure everything will be fine, but announcements of new managers and the manifesto for the future will follow next week once the new board have had a chance to draw breath after the take over.

Just my guess.

If its announced that we have been bought then that will not underwhelm me.

Nick Illingsworth spoke, that was it.
About 30 seconds later they did a tiny piece about Wotte and his contract (as manager) expiring soon and just reiterating the fact that they expect an announcement regarding the takeover today....basically announcing that they had nothing to announce yet. Wotte seems to me to be quite dignified in the face of uncertainty and gives the impression that he would just like it settled for the good of the club and the ensuing season.

Just my guess.

Any news of the club being brought, and therefore saved from extinction, will be far from underwhelming!

Just my guess.

Fine by me, i just want to hear that we have been taken over & that we have a club next season, this is more important than any managerial appointments...etc for now.

The poster "Muvvers" posted yesterday that he'd spoken to Tony Lynham on Weds & that he stated everything would be done & dusted today including KK being appointed manager. Just wondering if he knows any more about when we are likely to hear anything today?

A friend north of the border told me that Strachan has been on holiday in Malaga and was due to return the end of this week, which would be today or tomorrow. Strange there's been no sighting from over there although the wee man doesn't relish intrusions on his privacy.

I'm half expecting a bit of an anti-climax today, maybe with news that we will know more on Monday too but perhaps that comes from all we've experienced in following Saints the last few years.

Hope I'm wrong though!

Is it possible to expect an anti-climax?

A friend north of the border told me that Strachan has been on holiday in Malaga and was due to return the end of this week, which would be today or tomorrow. Strange there's been no sighting from over there although the wee man doesn't relish intrusions on his privacy.

Heard he was back at home in Hedge end.... the plot thickens when laced with rumour and speculation...and a heavy dose of imagination ;-)

will it be a grand unveiling of someone famous and rich?

or will it be like through the keyhole, where we all have no idea who the hell they are but have to act impressed?

I have it on good authority that the unveiling will be MLT revealing the old Ted Bates statue with a "Mr X" hessian sack stuck over the head as a tribut to our new owner.

I'm ITK innit.

poetry from the echo (beautiful)

If Matt's boardroom skills are as good as his play,

We'll have a chairman with lots of sway.

If loyalty was rewarded with gold,

Down the swanny we would've ne'er been sold.

Le Tiss was our God'

he was our saviour..

On and off the field the best behaviour!!

With a new board and money to spend,

all debts called off,

a lot will depend.

Wether it's Kev in charge, and I hope that it is..

a squad who will play for us and Le Tiss.

We're better off now

than 3 months ago..

Watch this space .. I told you so!!

Le Tissier admitted he met with Dell legend Kevin Keegan earlier this week, but it is understood the former England boss is not the number one choice to take over the team at St Mary’s.

Which must mean that MLT has someone even more popular/better than Keegan lined up....? Said Trousers logically.

Wow - even better choice!! Bring it on! :)

ROTTERDAM - mark of Wotte becomes again coach of the Egyptische Ismaily. Also Henk van Stee were long in the race coach become of the top club. Mark of Wotte and Henk van Stee (Right). FOTO' S DUTCH PRESS AGENCY The previous season was Wotte operative at the English Southampton. That club makes Friday confessed the departure of the oefenmeester. According to reports Kevin Keegan is on the screen take over the tasks of Wotte. Wotte worked rather as coach of Ismaily. In the middle of 2006 he finished with the club as a Second in the Egyptische competition. For a long time it seemed there on that Henk van Stee coach would become of Ismaily. The oefenmeester asked advice at Wotte, which told also candidate not to be after the first conversation with the club. Surprised Van Stee that Wotte expired also yielded in the race proved to be to the vacant function.

contact from friend and the thoughts at the club is that it may not happen today.!!! You may take that how you like or you believe me or not

wouldn't be the biggets surprise in the world! Although they do have to make a statement as the exclusivity ends today!! A statement from Fry, just what we all need.