Takeover Latest Gossip

saints_is_the_south

Matt Le Tissier just Tweeted that his favourite Pot Noodle is Chinese Spare Rib flavour.

Coould be a hint.

Asian nationality?

Pot Noddle Owner?

Involved in healthcare (rib)?

Flavour? Craig David (whats your flava?)

Ohhhhh clever boy Matty ;)

Sky Sports:

Needs to be done by 5 at the latest.

Administrator deal to be done hopefully, Mark Fry had a meeting.

Understand the hold up is FL, Finaances and fit and proper all fine, the way the deal has been set is the problem, the FL seem to be annoyed that Pinnicle have proved we are'nt linked to the parent company.

Skys sports say deals virtually done with only one hold up. apperntly Pinnacle are going to fight the points deduction and the FL are not happy about it!!

Skys sports presenter at SMS had his phone switched off and Mark fry just ty to call him what a ****!

Sky Sports:

Needs to be done by 5 at the latest.

Administrator deal to be done hopefully, Mark Fry had a meeting.

Understand the hold up is FL, Finaances and fit and proper all fine, the way the deal has been set is the problem, the FL seem to be annoyed that Pinnicle have proved we are'nt linked to the parent company.

Perhaps they are only willing to proceed if the -10 points is removed. Perhaps they have told the FL that they are a bunch of dribbly arse-holes.

OFFICIAL: Saints new owner is either a man or a woman

I've also heard that he/she was born between in the 20th century. Anybody think they've cracked it?

As for the takeover issue... nasty lawcase coming up???

Edited by brightspark

Gary Cotterill - the SSN reporter - did say that the hold-up was based around the new owners seeking to extricate the club from the points deduction and that this was detailed and technical (and he wouldn't go into the full detail because it was complex business techno babble).

Mark Fry has, however, phoned the reporter to say he remains confident that the deal will be completed today.

At a (total) guess, I'm assuming the paper work sent to the Football Laegue says something along the lines of "Southampton Football Club, which is and has always been a going concern, is to be tranferred to Pinnacle's ownership. Southampton Leisure Holdings, who have gone into administration, have had their assets split in the following ways. Blah blah blah"

Presumably, a sign off on such paperwork by the FL coudl aid an appeal on the points deduction.

Yep the FL and Lord Arsefart!

Obviously, MLT, TL & Co have grounds that we should not have the -10, the FL don't want to look like **** heads and won't budge.

They certianly have us by the short and curlys!

Actually, who has whom by the short & curlys may not be quite so clear cut ;)

So sounds like the FL wont approve the deal as we are planning to appeal against the -10 points.

So drop the appeal and they will sign it. Sounds rather pathetic doesn't it. Who's gonna back down first....

Can the FL do this?

I would have thought there are certain things they need to check re: fit and proper persons test.

But can they block the takeover just because they don't like our intention to appeal or disagree with the new owners re: the legality of the points deduction?

I'd say Pinnacle should hold firm. Even if this means the press conference being "pushed back" to Monday.

Other than the frustration for all of us, does it matter if the final closure on the deal is shortly after the expiration of the exclusivity period?

I doubt Marc Jackson will come up with a more credible offer than Pinnacle between now and Monday. Although I guess he will probably make a total t*t of himself by trying...