Takeover Latest Gossip

saints_is_the_south

sorry to be a noob but what is the difference exactly?

The F.A. are a bunch of gentlemen and the F.L. are a collection of ................( Fill as you wish) who are linked by a loathing of Saints and all things Saintly! It is time that we adopted Fergies SIEGE MENTALITY is it not?

It's the FL, but the point is spot on.

My personal opinion is the only chance the League have of saving face is with regard to the transfer of the Golden Share. They can impose whatever terms they want (as it's their comp) in respect of transfering this. That is how they got Bates to accept the -15, and his appeal was to other FL Clubs and not via a court of law (he signed away that right).

They could be telling Pinnacle, "give up the right of appeal or we wont transfer the Golden Share".

But this is blackmail ? and completely illegal.

Surely they cannot do this, without a massive legal wrangle.

I reckon moving house is less stressful than this :mad:

As it happens I am moving house at the moment. Thankfully to another flat in the same block. Everything is in the new place except this laptop and my fridge. Waiting for techy guys and friendly muscle to do the final bits. Real pain as I keep having to come back here to update... doubly stressy!

On SSN again

Mike O'Callaghan (sic) SISA

Mike seemed to assert that Keegan made his name "down here in the 1980s".

KK being England captain and European footballer of the year prior to signing for Saints must have passed Mike by....

OK....Off to lunch soon....cue the announcement the minute I walk out the door and return 2 hours later to a 600 page thread on Alan Shearer and the Iranian brothers....

Just got back from lunch.....anything happened yet?

on ssn now

Could you highlight where this is on SSN, because I have just been through their web site and cannot find it anywhere. Should this be the case then Mawhinney just show's himself to be a bigger Wxxxer than I though he was, how can this jerk interfere with legal process he has no right what so ever.

Does anyone know his first or middle name? Could it by any chance be Adolf, he is in the wrong job, he should team up with Max Mosely as they are made for each other; let me me see what could they name their organization, Oh yes Cluster Fxxk Ltd.

Does anyone know his first or middle name? .

Brian Stanley

Unfortunately as he is no longer a sitting MP (since 2005) his expense claims cannot be viewed, they are not redacted, they just are not there which seems wrong to me

Edited by VectisSaint

Could you highlight where this is on SSN, because I have just been through their web site and cannot find it anywhere. Should this be the case then Mawhinney just show's himself to be a bigger Wxxxer than I though he was, how can this jerk interfere with legal process he has no right what so ever.

Does anyone know his first or middle name? Could it by any chance be Adolf, he is in the wrong job, he should team up with Max Mosely as they are made for each other; let me me see what could they name their organization, Oh yes Cluster Fxxk Ltd.

Television.

The FL rules have grown out of their previous skirmishes with other clubs. So the rules as they stand at the moment say you come back in at league 2 level. They will let you back at league 1 but only if you accept appropriate points penalties, give up your right to appeal, accept other conditions and promise to play nicely with the other clubs in the league in the future. You can of course go to law but then you won't have a league to play in come August. This is what made Ken Bates at Leeds voluntarily give up his idea of going to law. They've got you stiched up like a kipper. (fish expertise)

The FL rules have grown out of their previous skirmishes with other clubs. So the rules as they stand at the moment say you come back in at league 2 level. They will let you back at league 1 but only if you accept appropriate points penalties, give up your right to appeal, accept other conditions and promise to play nicely with the other clubs in the league in the future. You can of course go to law but then you won't have a league to play in come August. This is what made Ken Bates at Leeds voluntarily give up his idea of going to law. They've got you stiched up like a kipper. (fish expertise)

but we have the right to appeal. Lord "makeitupaswegoalong" mwhingy said so.

As it happens I am moving house at the moment. Thankfully to another flat in the same block. Everything is in the new place except this laptop and my fridge. Waiting for techy guys and friendly muscle to do the final bits. Real pain as I keep having to come back here to update... doubly stressy!

Errr just as a matter of interst (to me only!) whats the weather like, I'm off to Peschiera on Tuesday for a bit of a break. :)

But this is blackmail ? and completely illegal.

Surely they cannot do this, without a massive legal wrangle.

They did it to Leeds and Luton. To transfer the Golden Share to the new Company, the FL made them sign away the right of appeal.You can not play in a FL comp without a Golden Share and they have to approve any transfer of this share.

Surely one of the requisites of the "fit and proper" persons test is the agreement to abide by the rules of the governing association. Clearly, that rule is being broken before Pinnacle have even bought the club from SLH. As the Luton Town owners found out to their cost, it can also mean accepting vicarious liability for previous owners' financial mismanagement.

It's the FL, but the point is spot on.

My personal opinion is the only chance the League have of saving face is with regard to the transfer of the Golden Share. They can impose whatever terms they want (as it's their comp) in respect of transfering this. That is how they got Bates to accept the -15, and his appeal was to other FL Clubs and not via a court of law (he signed away that right).

They could be telling Pinnacle, "give up the right of appeal or we wont transfer the Golden Share".

This is one of the key points, in that as it was the holding company in admin and not the club, the league were not able to take a golden share, how can they demand a stake in a plc, it is not the football club?

The other key point here is the wording of the deal that pinnacle have put together, it is quite probable that the legal documentation makes no reference to SLH, as it is not part of the deal, and refers only to the football club, again this is only a technicality, but adds credence to Pinnacles fight against the points deduction.

The Football League are not going to sign anything that gives Pinnacle amunition to fight their case. However if the Football League, do not sign and say that they will not unless Pinnacle give up their right to appeal, they lay their selves open to allegations of blackmail and of having no judicial process, which again lays them open to futher legal problems.

Of course the worse case scenario is that they demand that the wording on the contracts is changed, which could mean scuppering the deal completly, or pinnacle having to go through the whole deal process again.

The Football Leagues claim that the club did not offer any assistance to the investigator they appointed, have been steadfastly refuted by Mark Fry and Dave Jones, which could be another mute point legally.

The Football League have to be very careful here, as it would seem that they have got themselves into a no win situation, unless they ignore their own rule book and their own judicial process.

but we have the right to appeal. Lord "makeitupaswegoalong" mwhingy said so.

Yes you have in theory but not in practice. In Bournemouth's case they accepted a 17 point penalty and fifteen other conditions including giving up their right to appeal in order to get their golden share back. Leeds went further, having originally agreed to accept the FL edicts they then reneged on that and threatened to go to law. A panel of the clubs was set up as an alternative and Leeds agreed to abide by the decision. The panel found in favour of the FL. As a result a new rule about clubs giving access to an independent auditor was passed. SFL withdrew co-operation from the auditor. You are in a lose lose situation. You got his name wrong it is Lord "we'vemadeitupalreadybeforeyoucamealong" mwhiny. Of course you've got a right of appeal from League2. Feeling lucky?

BREAKNIG NEWS: A statement on the takeover deal will be announced at 13:00hrs on Tuesday 23rd October, 2042. There are some last minute details to tidy up. The club will not be taking part in the Football League for the next 33 years while the deal is concluded.

the story at the time was that the FL investigators wanted to delve further than their remit allowed, Mr Fry correctly and politely declined when they attempted that, the investigators threw a wobbly and the FL put some spin on it to try and make themselves look good.

Why a FL investigation would have the power to demand details from a different company to the football club is beyond me....?

Sadly Lord tosser's gang now look like a bunch of people who dropped a clanger then shot themselves in the foot, and they are currently reloading before shooting a hole in their other flip flop.

A casual observer might consider that the former duck-house owning, moat-cleaning, dog food purchasing, false-mortgage claiming leech on society could stick his penalty where the sun don't shine, but that would be harsh and something I couldn't support.

Realistically it could be as late as 10 or 11pm if side letters (to the main agreement)dealing with various scenarios have to be drafted, assuming both Mr Fry and Mr X /Pinnacle want to get a deal signed by the end of today.

Can someone explain the Golden Share please- is that in FL rules somewhere?

BREAKNIG NEWS: A statement on the takeover deal will be announced at 13:00hrs on Tuesday 23rd October, 2042. There are some last minute details to tidy up. The club will not be taking part in the Football League for the next 33 years while the deal is concluded.

Source? Check SSN and haven't seen anything about that. Trust the OS to keep us in the dark about it as usual. :mad:

the story at the time was that the FL investigators wanted to delve further than their remit allowed, Mr Fry correctly and politely declined when they attempted that, the investigators threw a wobbly and the FL put some spin on it to try and make themselves look good.

Why a FL investigation would have the power to demand details from a different company to the football club is beyond me....?

Sadly Lord tosser's gang now look like a bunch of people who dropped a clanger then shot themselves in the foot, and they are currently reloading before shooting a hole in their other flip flop.

A casual observer might consider that the former duck-house owning, moat-cleaning, dog food purchasing, false-mortgage claiming leech on society could stick his penalty where the sun don't shine, but that would be harsh and something I couldn't support.

LOL!!

Brilliant synopsis...which in turn made me lose half a Strawberry Mini Milk onto my laptop....karma as they're supposed to be for my daughter I suppose...