Pub/Restaurant in New Forest

mdearlove

There is a pub in Canada just off the A36 which is very nice, forget the name

The Alice Lyle over Fordingbridge way is decent too

Rockingham Arms. Don't go there!!!!

Living in the area, one of/if not the best I can think of is the Lamb in Nomansland.

The Woolpack in Sopley is pretty local to me.

1. I wouldn't consider it in the New Forest

2. Its not very good and overpriced

3. The Three Tuns in Bransgore is meant to be good, I used to think the High Corner was nice but I haven't been in years.

The Woolpack in Sopley is pretty local to me.

1. I wouldn't consider it in the New Forest

2. Its not very good and overpriced

3. The Three Tuns in Bransgore is meant to be good, I used to think the High Corner was nice but I haven't been in years.

Being ex bransdgore i can say the tuns is too expensive , the crown is cheaper but not so good food, the best bet is a sunday lunch at the carpenters arms, 8 quid including a pudding , very nice.

The Oak at Bank is nice but the one we've been going to lately is the New Forest Inn in Emery Down. Lovely food and excellent pub!

Sh1t a brick, are you me...

I was just about to post the same thing about the same two pubs.

Do we go camping together

The Oak at Bank is nice but the one we've been going to lately is the New Forest Inn in Emery Down. Lovely food and excellent pub!

Sh1t a brick, are you me...

I was just about to post the same thing about the same two pubs.

Do we go camping together

Blimey O'Reilly me too

Thanks all for your suggestions - We are going to try th eLamb Inn in Nomansland. Will let you know our opinions next week. Some of the others look and sound very nice so will keep all the suggestions and work my way around them!

Great cheese board - normally 20+ to choose from.

until you ask for an english cheese and then Claude goes off on one. The last time we went in there the waitress was miserable and only smiled and tried to be friendly when she brought the bill across hoping for a tip.Try the Chanteclerc in cadnam for a restaurant meal.

Went to The Ship on Lymington Quay today. Very nice staff wise really lovely food. 5 *s from us.

There are some really nice routes to Lymington too not least the Beaulieu route from Marchwood, you can stop and enjoy the ponies on the way. Even take a boat trip and buy some crabs straight from the quay if you want to make it rally special (is she from outside the area?).

It was a lovely afternoon, a lovely meal and they sell Timothy Taylor ale (Madonna's favourite tipple).

Had a very nice meal at the Lamb Inn on Saturday. Luckily the rain stopped as soon as we got there so managed to have a nice walk in the forest too. Landlord is a bit gruff but food and beer are very good.

Thanks for the suggestions - will try some of the others another time.

For good hearty English nosh I like thepub in Lyndhurst right by the two post boxes, can't think of the name. Try the wild boar Mmmmm.

Fox and Hounds...

Also...Red Lion in Boldre, Fleur de Lys in Pilley (oldest pub in the forest), and Turfcutters Arms in East Boldre...or Mayflower in Lymington if she likes boats.....

• 4 weeks later...
Me and the Mrs ate at the Turfcutters Arms last year when we had a week in the New forest and it was head and shoulders above the other places we tried, it was cracking food and good service.

I've eaten at a quite a few pubs in the New Forest over the years, many of which have been mentioned above, and all were pretty good, in their time, too. Recently, I went to the Turfcutters Arms, and it is all Ash has said of it. If you like like cracking food, good service, large portions, rustic and cosy surroundings, this is the place to go. I'll be going again soon.

Went to the Lamb Saturday, thanks to the recommendations on here. Food was good, fairly priced, they had a live band.........whilst good, not sure it was a good thing for diners, couldn't converse at all.

I would go again.

Sorry, didn't notice if they had a kids menu......but it is an extensive menu.