Alan Pardew chant from kick off on Tuesday

NickG

I like how you put "blind faith" in Corteses ability and yet can't see Pardews proven quality.

where has he showed proven quality, he had a good start at reading but left before he could develop them into a second tier force. He then took two seasons to promote a decent west ham side. West hams first year in prem was decent, but missed out on the fa cup. He then took them on their worst run of results in 70 years before getting sacked. Dont even mention charlton....

Reading first full season league 2 play offs

Reading next season automatic promotion league 2

Reading next season league 1 play offs

West Ham 1st season CCC play offs

West Ham 2nd season promotion

West Ham 3rd season 9th in prem (v high for promoted side)

West Ham 3rd season FA cup final

don't go quoting facts around here nick ;)

(p.s - but i don't think reading have been in L2 for a long time....)

Not quick enough success for the impatient/fickle modern day football fan :-(

west ham should have gone up the first season and in his final season he took them on their worst run of defeats for 70 years and got knocked out of the FA cup by chesterfield (not exactly of liverpools standard?!) He then went to charlton and sent them down. he then ****ed up and missed out on playoffs before taking them on another run of defeats before leaving. He only did well in the prem with west ham because they had money to spend and a decent squad to build on, he cant work with what he has at his disposal.

west ham should have gone up the first season and in his final season he took them on their worst run of defeats for 70 years and got knocked out of the FA cup by chesterfield (not exactly of liverpools standard?!) He then went to charlton and sent them down. he then ****ed up and missed out on playoffs before taking them on another run of defeats before leaving. He only did well in the prem with west ham because they had money to spend and a decent squad to build on, he cant work with what he has at his disposal.

lol!

and you said don't mention Charlton!

Fergie has better record.

I think he's done a decent job here so far. Nobody could have worked with what he had at his disposal at the beginning of the season.

I know his record tailed off somewhat at Charlton, but I think the phrase 'you can't polish a turd' sums up the situation very well. Charlton were about to head into freefall, and Curbishley knew that which is why he left when he did. I don't think anybody could have prevented it to be honest.

Overall, Pardew's record is very good, and he's done a decent job here for sure. Some may argue that he's spent a fair bit of money, but the important thing is whether you spend that money wisely, and I think Pardew has been excellent in this area.

Lambert was an inspired signing, Hammond and Harding are both very good at this level and now Barnard has got his first goals here he's looking pretty damned good as well. Add into the mix the likes of Connolly and Fonte amongst many others, and I think it's fair to say the vast majority of his signings have been very good ones.

you haven't got a clue mate, sorry.

Compared to the alternatives of Dowie/Jewell/Magilton?

Don't seem to remember any of them getting within seconds of winning an FA Cup?

Interesting read.Lets not forget how WGS is lauded for getting to a cup final.

AP was within seconds of actually winning the trophy.

A WHU fan I know locally was of the opinion that AP resented having the two Argie players thrust on him without prior agreement and that their introduction upset the dressing room.

As for Charlton,many managers have one club to tarnish their record - Clough at Leeds for example - where it simply does not work,or they may not be 'right' for the club in particular circumstances.

Sorry to say,that outside of Southampton,many football fans rate Red****t as an outstanding manager,success everywhere, apart from us, (albeit at a price...).

How about we go to the game and sing normal songs. AP isn't going to leave. Just go out Tuesday night and get rat ass*ed and flop about. Sounds more fun than starting gay little songs.

Is there anything more "gay" in football than singing "Give us wave [insert manager's name]"?

Just a constant 'noise' Tuesday will do for me (wake up the Chapel - pretend we're playing the skates again).

1) Is AP the right manger for us now?

2) Is he building a good team?

3) Is he doing a good job for us?

4) Are there better managers out there?

5) Would they be interested in us?

6) Do we really want a change now?

My views for what it's worth in the order of the questions are:-

1) YES

2) YES

3) YES

4) Of Course

5) Unlikely

6) NO

So let us just get behind the team and the Manager and help them on!

How about we go to the game and sing normal songs. AP isn't going to leave. Just go out Tuesday night and get rat ass*ed and flop about. Sounds more fun than starting gay little songs.

ok, you stick with songs about the team down the road who none of the players, manager etc care about but makes the 14 year olds feel big!;)

why exactly? I wish i could get as much credit for doing an average job. No need to chant to show nc he is the right man, im sure he knows best

What does Mr. Pardew need to do to be considered to be doing a good job - P23 L3 D5 W15, I'm guessing the only way for him to be viewed as a good manager is to have stats like P23 L0 D0 W23

I can only comment on how I see things but from club in admin and -10 to AP signing mid July, no real pre-season, building a team during the season, safe by November, cup final by Feb and still an outside chance of play off's is a pretty good return!

Not sure what people want?

What does Mr. Pardew need to do to be considered to be doing a good job - P23 L3 D5 W15, I'm guessing the only way for him to be viewed as a good manager is to have stats like P23 L0 D0 W23

I can only comment on how I see things but from club in admin and -10 to AP signing mid July, no real pre-season, building a team during the season, safe by November, cup final by Feb and still an outside chance of play off's is a pretty good return!

Not sure what people want?

Check the league table? Even add on the -10 if you want

Was probably 2 or 3 years ago, we played West Brom in a night game (at SMS early season) and the Northam kept up a constant OWTS, probably non-stop for over 20mins, eventually the other stands join in.

Could keep a "APs Red'n'White Army" on the go tonight - remember West Ham fans doing this in a semi at Villa Park years back, sounded good.

Could keep a "APs Red'n'White Army" on the go tonight - remember West Ham fans doing this in a semi at Villa Park years back, sounded good.

Every song like this coincides with the back boards being hit, and the beat speeds up to a ridiculous speed that everybody gives up.

If everybody could clap at the same pace for 20 minutes straight we might have a chance, sadly, they cannot

Check the league table? Even add on the -10 if you want

Doing this leaves us just outside the play offs with a couple of games in hand. All things considered (no pre-season, building a team half way through the season, physiological effect of the -10 etc) a good effeort I would say.

Doing this leaves us just outside the play offs with a couple of games in hand. All things considered (no pre-season, building a team half way through the season, physiological effect of the -10 etc) a good effeort I would say.

agreed, what did everyone expect