Wembley fever

ladysaint

it really is gripping the city, I see we have no sold over 37k tickets which has astounded me, but even more surprising is seeing the flags and banners around the city and people wearing their colours, even the staff in The Range today were all dressed in commerative Wembley 2010 t-shirts.

So with us getting 44,000 and Carlisle 25,000 that only makes 69,000. Any idea where the rest go, surely they can't all be to sponsors can they?!?

Segregation issues don't allow for the rest to be sold apparently - guessing it's something to do with the concourses?????

To be fair 19k tickets sold at Carlisle is not a bad effort.

Smaller population and not exactly in a reasonable driving distance

Agreed, it's a really good turn out and they've been to Wembley a few times already. It's still a shame we're not playing Leeds because it would have been awesome to see wembley full.

Shame about the segregation: persoannly I can't see any aggro at all between us and carlisle. OK, there are the chavs and yoof, but apart from them (count the chromosones and dont let them in if they havent got enough) I look on this match as a good ecuse for a bloody nice day out.

Oh, and come back with a paint pot of course.

(PS. Will buy Johnstone's if an option in future.)

it really is gripping the city, I see we have no sold over 37k tickets which has astounded me, but even more surprising is seeing the flags and banners around the city and people wearing their colours, even the staff in The Range today were all dressed in commerative Wembley 2010 t-shirts.

I struggle to see why us selling 37k tickets has "astounded" anyone, even non-league stevenage have taken 30k to Wembley FFS.

The whole town comes out for it, people make a special effort to take family, anyone who has ever been to saints will go.

If we had been given an unlimited allocation on open general sale I think we could have sold 50k +

will be an anti-climax for people getting excited, poor atmosphere on a sunday lunchtime with 1/3rd of the stadium empty.

Will the Dentyne bus be making a reappearance if we win.

I really hope not. Winning the FA Cup is one thing, winning the JPT is not the sort of trophy that warrants an open top bus tour. Although, I understand Luton did one.

Some sort of parade round St Mary's at the next home game would be better.

You know what i mean, why was there so many empty seats on Tuesday but we have sold 37k easily so far for Wembley?????

That annoys me actually. Especially when I think back to last season when I came down from London on a tuesday night for the Norwich game and the attendance was less than 15,000. I went as often as I could (about 15 games in total) even though we were **** and there were fights breaking out among our own fans, but I doubt I'll get a ticket for wembley at this rate.

It's just hard luck I guess but it does grate somewhat.

Bugger that means they're beating us ast the moment:

Carlisle population 103,700 so 19,000 is 18.3%

Southampton population 228,600 so 37,000 is 16.1%

Of course our tickets don't go on general sale for another 2 weeks!

Edited by SaintDonkey
typoo

Bugger that means they're beating us ast the moment:

Carlisle population 103,700 so 19,000 is 18.3%

Southampton population 228,600 so 37,000 is 16.1%

Of course our tickets don't go on general sale for another 2 weeks!

And thier season ticket holders could buy 9 each!

That annoys me actually. Especially when I think back to last season when I came down from London on a tuesday night for the Norwich game and the attendance was less than 15,000. I went as often as I could (about 15 games in total) even though we were **** and there were fights breaking out among our own fans, but I doubt I'll get a ticket for wembley at this rate.

It's just hard luck I guess but it does grate somewhat.

Me too. Speaking as someone who isn't eligible to buy until the next phase, I fully accept that ST holders and those who went to the MK Dons game should get priority but it seems that they are getting to buy extra tickets to give to mates or to sell on. It looks like there won't be many left now for us regular long-term fans who can't make evening games or couldn't make the semis for whatever other reason.

I know Wembley is making a difference but even before we reached Wembley it had been noticable all season, how many more people you'd see walking around Southampton City Centre wearing Saints related clothing.

The Pride in Saints was already back and now it's been taken on to new level since we reached Wembley

Me too. Speaking as someone who isn't eligible to buy until the next phase, I fully accept that ST holders and those who went to the MK Dons game should get priority but it seems that they are getting to buy extra tickets to give to mates or to sell on. It looks like there won't be many left now for us regular long-term fans who can't make evening games or couldn't make the semis for whatever other reason.

Exactly. I even made it down for the first JPT game against Northampton when only Kingsland and Itchen stands were open for us! Atendance was less than 10,000 I think.

Obviously it makes good business sense for the club to link wembley tickets with the area final to ensure a good crowd for the area final, but I think fans who have been loyal to the club regardless of where we are playing and whether we are playing well/winning deserve some recognition.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Exactly. I even made it down for the first JPT game against Northampton when only Kingsland and Itchen stands were open for us! Atendance was less than 10,000 I think.

Obviously it makes good business sense for the club to link wembley tickets with the area final to ensure a good crowd for the area final, but I think fans who have been loyal to the club regardless of where we are playing and whether we are playing well/winning deserve some recognition.

1) Northampton was in the league cup.

2) as sad as as it will be to miss out on a ticket, anyone who is desperate enough to be there can buy on general sale in the carlisle end. if enough saints do that it would make a point on the ridiculous ticket policy

The thing that bothers me is this. I understand that the early stages of the ticket selling is important (ie Season Ticket holders, Area Final etc), but what I don't get is next week.

Now, I'm on the database, but my Dad isn't because I buy our tickets. He's in his late sixties, and has watched Saints since the 50's.

So, my dilemma is this - I don't want to buy next week, as I can only get 1 ticket. So, I have to wait until the 15th and gamble that there will be some left for us both to go.

Without getting too sentimental - but I don't know if this will be the last time I get to go to Wembley with my Dad. :-(

Why doesn't the club say people on the database can buy 2 tickets max next week?

There must be hundreds or thousands of fans in my situation.

The season ticket holders are sorted, the Area Final attendees are sorted.

Mr Luker??

Edited by Channon's Sideburns
Too many ????'s

2) as sad as as it will be to miss out on a ticket, anyone who is desperate enough to be there can buy on general sale in the carlisle end. if enough saints do that it would make a point on the ridiculous ticket policy

1)So it was. That's embarassing, although I know that Northampton away was in the FA cup and I was there too. I regret going to Wycombe and Brentford though, especially as I missed the last 2 home games.

2)I was thinking that as well, I could always sit in the carlisle end.

or 3) Could have bought a ticket for either of the semi finals even if they couldn't make it. They would then have had the ticket linked to their customer number.

Are we going to start the whole ticket swap/offer madness thing?!

In a state of panic my Dad got his 2 for being a ST holder and then another 1 for going to the Area Final at SMS...me & my missus and my Dad all want to go but he's bought the tickets and I feel bad about him being the one on his own (with the worse seat too)...but not bad enough to stick my missus on her own - she'd kill me!

What are my chances of getting 3 tickets together by any means...? Was originally going to wait til the 15th but the craziness set in and the prospect of not going at all was too much to bear!

Thoughts?

I really hope not. Winning the FA Cup is one thing, winning the JPT is not the sort of trophy that warrants an open top bus tour. Although, I understand Luton did one.

Some sort of parade round St Mary's at the next home game would be better.

open bus tour would be justified if we win playoff final and JPT!

or 3) Could have bought a ticket for either of the semi finals even if they couldn't make it. They would then have had the ticket linked to their customer number.

I know lots of people that did this that couldnt make the game as the tickets were reduced in price. They booked tickets in the chaple but just didnt go to the game. Meant they were guarenteed Wembley tickets.

I know lots of people that did this that couldnt make the game as the tickets were reduced in price. They booked tickets in the chaple but just didnt go to the game. Meant they were guarenteed Wembley tickets.

Fair point. I suppose like many others, I assumed that there would be enough tickets to go round to anyone who is on the database who wanted one. It now looks there may be only about 5-6000 left for Phase 3, or maybe even fewer :(

I just hope the online server can cope with the demand next Wednesday morning.

Segregation issues don't allow for the rest to be sold apparently - guessing it's something to do with the concourses?????

"Segregation issues"!!!

Wembley is a sports stadium.

It usually features matches between teams each with their own supporters. It cost far too much to build - no wonder, if they have included thousands of seats which can't be used because of 'segregation issues'! Didn't anyone think of including some kind of relocateable division?

Or is there some longstanding hatred between Carlisle and Southampton that I am unaware of?

Or is this 'segregation issues' just a load of ********?

The thing that bothers me is this. I understand that the early stages of the ticket selling is important (ie Season Ticket holders, Area Final etc), but what I don't get is next week.

Now, I'm on the database, but my Dad isn't because I buy our tickets. He's in his late sixties, and has watched Saints since the 50's.

So, my dilemma is this - I don't want to buy next week, as I can only get 1 ticket. So, I have to wait until the 15th and gamble that there will be some left for us both to go.

Without getting too sentimental - but I don't know if this will be the last time I get to go to Wembley with my Dad. :-(

Why doesn't the club say people on the database can buy 2 tickets max next week?

Mr Luker??

I do feel sorry for people in your position. It would be good if the club + fans groups publically campaigned for us to be given more tickets.

why dont you wait until the tickets go on general sale, you never know you might get 2. if you don't just buy in the carlisle end. Once we have officially sold out i can see quite a few people doing this and you get to sit with your Dad.

on the basis that 20k seats are going to be unsold at their end, yet we have people who can't get them how does that make sense? its like surplus food being destroyed in europe while people go starving in africa.

Mr Luker??

I can appreciate how you feel. I have always found David Luker very helpful and if you contact him and explain, he should be able to check the number of tickets you buy and therefore may be able to help you.

"Segregation issues"!!!

Wembley is a sports stadium.

It usually features matches between teams each with their own supporters. It cost far too much to build - no wonder, if they have included thousands of seats which can't be used because of 'segregation issues'! Didn't anyone think of including some kind of relocateable division?

Or is there some longstanding hatred between Carlisle and Southampton that I am unaware of?

Or is this 'segregation issues' just a load of ********?

I was thinking the same.

The only thing I can think is that the stadium concourses are segrated exactly half and half so one team gets an entire end up to both half way lines. This would account for us getting 44,000 out of a 90,000 stadium.

If this segregation is permanent this would account fo the unsold seats in the Carlisle half not being allowed to be sold to us.

:confused:

Mr Luker??

Exactly the same situation with me. I've got tickets via the corporate route but if it wasn't for that I'd be left gambling on getting tickets once they go on general sale.

Mr Luker??

CS do you know any season ticket holder that can get you a ticket in the third phase that you can link to, because I think season ticket holders can buy additional tickets at this stage, may be worth checking

1) .......................

, anyone who is desperate enough to be there can buy on general sale in the carlisle end............

If that's the only way to get tickets then I'll do it - but who are all these 37,000 fans who now have tickets?? Everytime I go to SMS there's only 19,000+ there (as i don't live in Southampton i'm not a seaon ticket holder nor did I make it to either of the area finals - so I'm hoping there's enough tickets left for next phase when I can buy them).