Pre-Wembley injury crisis...

.comsaint

According to Pards - we have an "injury crisis" just when we don't need it - before Sunday's cup final. Gillet looks like he's playing sunday (possibly in place of Morgan???) and we already know Thomas is out - and one or two others. Add to that those that can't play due to being cup-tied...and suddenly its not quite so rosey in Southampton's garden!

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2003474,00.html

According to Pards - we have an "injury crisis" just when we don't need it - before Sunday's cup final. Gillet looks like he's playing sunday (possibly in place of Morgan???) and we already know Thomas is out - and one or two others. Add to that those that can't play due to being cup-tied...and suddenly its not quite so rosey in Southampton's garden!

I suspect Carlisle would be perfectly happy to have a squad of Saints size, depth and experience and be hit by an injury crisis!

We need Lallana for creativity, I hope he's fit, and Morgan too. I'm gutted Thomas is out, but either James or Harding can cover that spot.

Whichever XI gets sent out, they're good enough to win the cup for us.

TBH, we need Morgan, when he ticks we tick and when he stutters we stutter.

Gillett is just not in the same creative mould as him, and for god sake if there is one player that should never play on Wembleys hallowed turf it is Wooden

I agree we need Morgan I thought he was great last nite hope the injury is just a niggle.

When he boss's a game and dictates the passing and play we win also hope lallana is fit he is a big miss aswell

Whichever XI gets sent out, they're good enough to win the cup for us.

I really don't know, if we start without Lallana and Morgan it will be a fairly evenly matched contest because we'll have a CM of either Deano and Wotton or Deano and Gillett (because I don't think James is starting fit, if he was he'd be starting at right-back) and either of those combinations would be iffy against a side as consistent as Carlisle who seem to know how to raise their game.Plus our defensive problems ...dodgy at best.

James is still carrying an injury but may be fit to play after he was given a late call to the bench last night. Lallana has a groin injury confirmed by a scan. Slightly inflamed but may be fit for Sunday. Jaidi is fit (rested last night as a precaution) No information on Schneiderlin.

Schneiderlin was taken off at half time with a slight hamstring problem.

I suspect the starting line up on Sunday

Davis

Harding Fonte Jaidi Mills

Waigo Schneiderlin Hammond Lallana

Lambert Connolly

If one of the injured from Schneiderlin, Lallana & Connolly do not play then Gillet will fit in. If 2 are injured expect Wotton to come in.

Worst case

Davis

Harding Fonte Jaidi Mills

Gillet Hammond Wotton Lallana

Waigo Lambert

I really don't like to say this ..but I will.

There are quite a few people who have gone on record criticising AP for having such a big squad. How we have too much "dead wood" in the club and we should have got rid of them when we had the chance.

NOW ..we have an injury crisis (no surprise when you consider we have played almost 50 games already this season already) we need everyone who can lace up their boots for Sunday.

Some of those who were heroes in earlier rounds of the JPT are already out. Thomas is on crutches, James, Jaidi, Antonio, Lallana and Connolly not 100% according to AP. and now Schneiderrlin has a hamstring problem.

Holmes was back in favour - until he was injured in training. PLUS we have the cup-tied players watching from the stands !

AP's after match interview revealed that he is even considering Simon Gillet for a place on Sunday. If ever there was a reminder of the unseen problems that can hit a squad - now we can see it. If we are to win at Wembley - that " dead wood " needs to come in and show that it still has some worth at SFC.

Edited by david in sweden

I notice Morgan has got 9 yellow/red cards against his name. Not sure if that's an issue or not?...

Morgan has 8 yellows, reds don't count in any way apart from the suspension attached to them,the financial penalty and any constant rough play accusation.

Puncheon is on 9 yellows, 1 more before the second Sunday in April (11th)

would see him cop a 2 match ban.Morgan needs to avoid getting 2 more yellows before the same date. After that it's Deano on 6 and Harding has a good number of a tidy few as well.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Very bold statement...

And rather cruel to Gillet, if its not true.

Simon Gillett has probably got a chance of playing on Sunday and he hasn't really been given a chance of playing by me' date=' this is how football works out sometimes.[/quote']

"Probably got a chance" are Pardew's words...

How poor Gillett put's up with such intolerable cruelty i'll never know...

Do grow up, media stoodent boy...

Maybe it's you who needs to grow up.

Your petulant posts make you appear like either a child, a woman or at worst an American.

Harden up and show some backbone man.

Oh and for every time you call me a media stoodent from now i shall now be calling you a c::nt. C::nt.

I'll leave it to the mods to sort that one out.

I really don't know, if we start without Lallana and Morgan it will be a fairly evenly matched contest because we'll have a CM of either Deano and Wotton or Deano and Gillett (because I don't think James is starting fit, if he was he'd be starting at right-back) and either of those combinations would be iffy against a side as consistent as Carlisle who seem to know how to raise their game.Plus our defensive problems ...dodgy at best.

Aside from the fact that I, too, think they'll all be fit, I still think Fonte has the quality to do a job in CM. Apparently he played there early in his Palace career, and that would leave Perry and Jaidi at the back. Seems ok to me...

IMO Lallana is the key to winning, we have to have him fit. He is, in the JPT side, the creativity that has got us here. No Puncheon means a lot rests on his shoulders.

It'll be nice next season when we don't have to worry about cup tied players!