Who do you want to go up and down

Arizona

Assuming Saints are still in League one next season, who else do you want to be playing? Not nescessarily the most likely, but at least plausible teams. Feel free to make innuendos from the thread title.

Personally

CCC Coming Down

Palace - New away day for me and they will probably be weak without significant investment.

Watford - Bit of a bogey team, but again they're not on too strong a financial footing and would probably get weaker rather than stronger in summer

Peterborough - Another new away day and by far the worst team in CCC

Not - Plymouth, Derby or Wednesday

League 1 Going Up

Leeds - A very strong team, even if they are bottling it this season.

Norwich - Their squad was probably too good to get relegated last season.

Colchester - Boothroyd's teams are always hard to beat

League 1 Going down

Hartlepool - Feckin' miles away

Stockport - They're pretty much gone

Southend - Been there, done that

Wycombe - Sh*t pitch

League 2 Going Up

Rochdale - Pretty much guaranteed

Notts Co - Near my parents house

Bournemouth - Local derby

Chesterfield - On a Tuesday night in August. With a trip to Alton Towers first.

You'd rather Leeds, Norwich and Colchester went up over us?

Fair do's.

I think you missed the point of this post, he said "Assuming Saints don't go up"

I imagine he's like me. Would love to see us promoted this season, still hoping, but given where we are now the likelihood is that we'll still be in Div 1 next season

Edited by ponto1963

CCC Coming Down

Palace / Peterborough / Plymouth.

League 1 Going Up

Leeds / Norwich / Millwall

League 1 Going down

Gillingham / Stockport / Exeter / Wycombe

League 2 Going Up

Rochdale / Notts Co / Bournemouth / Aldershot

Peterborough - Another new away day and by far the worst team in CCC QUOTE]

Agree with this - and that's difficult for me to say seeing as I was born in Peterborough.

They are fecking dire this season, and will prob lose Mackail Smith, Maclean, Boyd, Lewis to name a few in the Summer.

One or 2 we could go for there?

I Would like to see Aldershot get promoted as well as Bury.

Bury were the first Team I saw at the Dell in way back in 1962 when we lost 3-0 so

I would like to be at St Mary's to get revenge as I dont recall ever seeing them since

Down from CCC

Peterborough - financially crippled, any half-decent players they've still got will be gone in the summer

Plymouth - also no money, pretty average team as well

Palace - any player of any value will be gone in the summer, and Paul Hart's the manager.

Up from L1

Norwich - as good as gone already anyway

Millwall - look very dangerous and have been fairly consistent throughout the season, timed their run very well by the look of it

Leeds, I guess - I really don't think we'd have anything to fear next season anyway, Beckford will be gone, Bates won't spend any money and everyone knows that when it comes to the crunch, they'll bottle it anyway. Looking at the other potential promotion winners, Swindon will almost certainly have to sell in the summer, so either Paynter or Austin will go (maybe both), Charlton are also skint and their best players have regressed this season, Colchester just genuinely aren't very good and are starting to get found out and Huddersfield's away record is poor.

Down from L1

Stockport - gone already

Wycombe - crap pitch

Exeter - crap pitch

Tranmere - we always lose up there

Up from L2

Rochdale - as good as up already

Notts County - will have to sell anyone with any value in the summer for obvious reasons

Rotherham - new ground for me

Chesterfield or Bury - new ground for me

Don't want Bournemouth up, their fans would be unbearable. Particularly at the start of the season when they start the season above us on alphabetical order :rolleyes:

Down from CCC

Peterborough - financially crippled, any half-decent players they've still got will be gone in the summer

Palace - any player of any value will be gone in the summer, and Paul Hart's the manager.

Up from L1

Millwall - look very dangerous and have been fairly consistent throughout the season, timed their run very well by the look of it

Leeds, I guess - I really don't think we'd have anything to fear next season anyway, Beckford will be gone, Bates won't spend any money and everyone knows that when it comes to the crunch, they'll bottle it anyway. Looking at the other potential promotion winners, Swindon will almost certainly have to sell in the summer, so either Paynter or Austin will go (maybe both), Charlton are also skint and their best players have regressed this season, Colchester just genuinely aren't very good and are starting to get found out and Huddersfield's away record is poor.

Down from L1

Stockport - gone already

Wycombe - crap pitch

Exeter - crap pitch

Up from L2

Notts County - will have to sell anyone with any value in the summer for obvious reasons

Don't want Bournemouth up, their fans would be unbearable. Particularly at the start of the season when they start the season above us on alphabetical order :rolleyes:

:lol:

Down from CCC

Up from L1

Down from L1

Stockport - gone already

Wycombe - crap pitch

Exeter - crap pitch

Up from L2

Norwich have been the best team in this league by a mile this season. Millwall could pip Leeds but I have Leeds might just hang on to second if they can hold their nerve. Palace might get a buyer but nothing to fear from Plymouth or Posh.

I disagree on Bournemouth though Steve, odious fans and I will never forgive them for the seaplane incident but that's why smacking them 5-0 at SMS will be all the sweeter as we rub in every goal we canter to! Aldershot coming up would be cool but probably won't happen. Notts County would be a good weekend - have a pint in Ye Olde Trip.

Swindon need to go up this season for the reasons you have mentioned and Parkinson is under pressure from Charlton fans. Got a feeling Hudds might just sneak up past Col U - who are awful and niggly - and with their home form batter someone in the first leg of the play offs and then peak in the final with Rhodes and Novak on form.

Would like to see Shrewsbury go up.

1. Would give me an away game within 10 miles.

2. They're not very good

3. Decent ground/pitch

4. The sheer amusement of hearing "Come on you shrews" (How about When the shrews go marching in?) :)

I don't really care who goes up or down from this league. Would love to see Leeds c*ck it up and stay down here. I'd love it. Think Millwall will go up in the playoffs. Couldn't care less who goes down really.

Down from CCC

Derby - Hate Derby. They are 6 points above the relegation zone, would love to see them slip up and then slip down into League One.

Palarse - In the relegation zone, would be a new ground for me and a London away day. Doesn't get much better than a London away day tbh.

Peterborough - As good as down anyway.

Up from L2

Rochdale - 10 points ahead at the top.

Bournemouth - Local game and they seem to think we have a rivalry, so would be good to shut them up.

Don't care - Don't mind who goes up in the final automatic spot.

Aldershot or Dag & Red - Either of these teams to sneak into the play offs and win it. Aldershot because it is local (ish) and Dag & Red because it would be another London away day.