• Paul Wotton
    • Dean Hammond ©
    • Adam Lallana
    • Papa Waigo N'Diaye
    • Rickie Lambert
    • Simon Gillett
    • David Connolly
    • Chris Perry

Its good that we are torn between 3 or 4 players for man of the match, if we can do that every game then who knows what is possible...

Well done to all the lads, at some point in the game your touch was the one needed so my vote goes to the whole team (although I voted Harding)..

COYR

Davis - Hardly had a save to make, his season has been the total opposite of last season. 6/10

Mills - Looks a very good prospect and must be learning a lot from Harding, hopefully he won't leave in search of first team football. 7/10

Harding - Fantastic again on the right, really gives his all in every game and yesterday was no different. Pardews best signing. 9/10

Jaidi - Rock in defence as usual, won everything and never looked threatened. 8/10

Fonte - Calm, composed and strong in the air. Probably still has Doble in his pocket now. 8/10

Lallana - I've noticed he has started getting into the box a lot more since the turn of the year and he has a nack of getting on the end of things when he's in there, similar to Lampard... Just needs to convert a few more of them if he's to play at the highest level. 9/10

Antonio - If it was ever in doubt he earned himself a contract yesterday, looked better when he played on the right rather than through the middle. Can't ask for more from a winger - decent delivery, pace and a goal threat. Puncheon will come back into the side on Thursday but having Antonio back fit will be a great option from the bench. One of the best performance I've seen from a Saints winger in years. 10/10

Hammond - Works hard and does the dirty work in midfield, lacks a creative spark without Schneiderlin but the attacking threat from four in front more than make up for it. 7/10

Wotton - He's no Schneiderlin but he worked hard and done his job well yesterday. 7/10

Waigo - Very important player, always takes a foreign player some time to adapt to a new country and league and he's started to improve a lot recently. Sign him up! 8/10

Lambert - I think he won everything in the air yesterday, Carlisle couldn't deal with him at all. Would love to see him hit 40 goals in the season and if he can stay fit next season he will surley get 30+ again. 8/10

Interesting to see so much unanimity about MOTM. It was Fonte for me, but only the slightest shade ahead of Harding and Lambert.

Also great to see so many posts on Harding. If it wasn't for Lambert's 32 goals, he must surely be our signing of the season! It is unbelievable that he cost us nothing.

If there ever was a potential cult figure it surely must be Papa Waigo. Not his best game today, but spent far too much on the left, where he is less effective. (I think AP is somewhat overrating the importance of swapping positions during the game, because Lallana seems less effective to the right as well, not to speak of Antonio up front.)

Papa scored his 11th this season from 11 starts (when he usually comes off) and 17 sub performances. It looked simple, but you need to be in the right place for it to be simple, which he invariably is. I challenge anybody to name any player who is likely to have produced more from those limited possibilities.

And let's not forget that Papa saved us twice in the competition. Without his goals we likely would have gone out both against Torquay and Norwich.

I also must agree with Weston, that the officials did a decent job yesterday. After some of what we recently have seen they ought to have medals.

Harding was without a doubt MOTM his work rate was phenomenal and he had all their pace to deal with too and wasn't even on his correct side.......... its a shame that he will be the forgotten hero as most people will vote lambert or fonte

Antonio was my MOM yesterday. Fonte was excellent, but in terms of the match winning bits of play I think Antonio is a worthy winner.

In any final you need one or two players to be on top of their game, and he was excellent yesterday. The finish for the fourth goal was so composed as well, wonderful technique with his weaker foot.

Lower league football always gets such a bad press for being utter garbage and full of cloggers, and so he deserves every plaudit possible.

Interesting to see so much unanimity about MOTM. It was Fonte for me, but only the slightest shade ahead of Harding and Lambert.

Also great to see so many posts on Harding. If it wasn't for Lambert's 32 goals, he must surely be our signing of the season! It is unbelievable that he cost us nothing.

If there ever was a potential cult figure it surely must be Papa Waigo. Not his best game today, but spent far too much on the left, where he is less effective. (I think AP is somewhat overrating the importance of swapping positions during the game, because Lallana seems less effective to the right as well, not to speak of Antonio up front.)

Papa scored his 11th this season from 11 starts (when he usually comes off) and 17 sub performances. It looked simple, but you need to be in the right place for it to be simple, which he invariably is. I challenge anybody to name any player who is likely to have produced more from those limited possibilities.

And let's not forget that Papa saved us twice in the competition. Without his goals we likely would have gone out both against Torquay and Norwich.

I also must agree with Weston, that the officials did a decent job yesterday. After some of what we recently have seen they ought to have medals.

Yes, the officials deserve credit where it's due, I agree with what I believe is the general concensus that it was good the ref didn't send the Carlisle player off for deliberate handball. I'd hazard a guess most PL refs would have sent him off and with relish and a flourish !

Oh and I imagine the officials in a cup Final would receive medals !!

Papa Waigo - 7 - Very easy finish for his goal, I can't recall him being offside :shock:

He was called offside in the first half, and I was sat directly in line with him when the ball was played over the top (I think from Hammond) - the lino got it wrong, he was onside and would have been clean through.

that's the only one I can remember though.

He was called offside in the first half, and I was sat directly in line with him when the ball was played over the top (I think from Hammond) - the lino got it wrong, he was onside and would have been clean through.

I was in Block 529 so was'nt in line but remember it because the guy sat behind me was slagging Papa off for being offside again - how wrong can someone be! Mind you i dont think he had any praise for anyone (Mills could'nt do anything right in his eyes), he paid his money just to criticize!

I voted Harding as MotM as he was up against thier best player. Fonte was superb and then the whole team did well. The first 10 minutes we looked edgy and Carlisle most likely to score, but a superb cross from Antonio and we got the penalty. From there we were comfortable, but i did not like the way we played after our fourth. Sitting back instead or giving us more excitement. I found the last 30 minutes an anti climax. Great day and as per normal with these things a lot of my memories will be the journey up, seeing all the cars decked out in colours, and Fleet being full of happy saints.Forgetting the Silverspoon everything else was superb.

A word for the Carlisle fans, i thought they were a good bunch and only let themselves down by leaving and not watching the presentation ceremony etc.

Papa just for his pure exuberance and joy at scoring, milking the applause when subbed and his post match celebrations - fantastic and really helped make my day!

On playing contribution I would go for for Dan Harding, great performance given he was playing out of of position.

There were some great performances (top 4 in poll is also how i saw it) but for me it had to be Harding.

He was playing out of position and had to mark a very pacey winger and basically had him in his pocket.

Think the fact that he had to cope with being out of position and yet still performed at a high level just tips the balance for me.

Not going to rate everyone, but:

MOTM has to be Antonio - had a hand in three goals and scored the last. Carlisle couldn't handle him at all - he was very difficult to get the ball off when he was going forward. Thought he tracked back and covered Harding pretty well too. His goal was very well struck, and the celebration was pretty good too.

Honourable mentions to:

Harding - thought he mad a pretty good job of being a left-footed right back. Overcame the limitation of being wrong-footed with loads of pace and determination, think their right winger only really beat him once or twice.

Fonte - always looks like he's got so much time on the ball, rarely forced to hoof it, great first touch. First half, a Carlisle player ran past about three Saints players, came to go past Fonte and Fonte tackled him in a manner that reminded me of Bobby Moore tackling Pele in the 1970 World Cup.

By no means the only time he has been wrongly given offside to be fair, think he's just too quick for the linesmen and his pace alone is one big reason he has to stay.

I agree entirely Fonte was immense all game but all in all thought it was a great tema performance i actually thought fish had a good game as well

Davis - 7 Did what he had to do made good saves when needed to.

Harding - 8 consistantly good all season and kept there winger quite quite

Fonte - 10 Immense along with Lambert best signing we have made in years

Jaidi - 7 just back from injury and looked a bit slow next to fonte

Mills - 8 thought he done well pushed forward when needed and defended well when called upon

Antonio - 9 good game all round and good way to celebrate his birthday sign him up pards

wotton - 6 to be honest thought he was our worst player always looked a yard off the pace we missed schnderlin

Hammond - 8 Captains performance in midfield bossed the people around him and owned the midfield

Lallana - 9 was awesome throughout took his goal well and worked hard for the team should have had 2 or 3

waigo - 7.5 had a better game than last time i saw him start but still is a bit clumsey on the ball and is always bloody offside

lambert - 9won Man of the match but i thought it should have gone to Fonte however he done what we bought him for scored 1 set up 2 others really lets hope we keep hold of him.

A very difficult choice from some excellent individual performances.

Harding,Lambert and Antonio were obvious contenders.

However for me it would have to be Fonte.Despite the final scoreline,we looked a little shaky - especially at the back - in the opening 5-10 minutes but Fonte stood firm and gave an assured performance appearing totally in control of everything that came near him.That start gave us the platform to build the result on so Fonte for me.

Just a shame we didn't hear the 'Jose Fonte baby,' Human League song in recognition.

Watching the highlights, I notice Papa got back quickly to defend a Carlisle attack - tackled the Carlisle lad in the box too. If his work rate is improving, that can only be a good thing.

It was Papa's cup in some ways - he got us out of jail more than once to get us to Wemberley. Funny how he seems to keep getting those goals - reminds me of the Napoleon quote along the lines of "I'd rather have lucky generals than clever ones"

..and didnt he enjoy it! :D

Watching the highlights, I notice Papa got back quickly to defend a Carlisle attack - tackled the Carlisle lad in the box too. If his work rate is improving, that can only be a good thing.

He's always had a top work rate for us and tracks back as willingly as any winger.

It was tight between a few saints players so I made my final my choice based on comments made to me by three Carlisle fans I was chatting to on the tube after the game; they noticed the job that Dan Harding did and agreed that he had a big role in restricting the effect of their own teams attacking threat.

Recognition of Dan's efforts from the fans of ones opponents was great to see.