spyinthesky

Have heard from a contact at Wembley that their stats show 51,594 Saints fans in a total crowd of 73,476.

On top of the 44,000 tickets sold for the main body of the Stadium almost all the corporate boxes were occupied by Saints fans including some in the Carlisle section.

They estimate 180 coaches from the Soton area but no info yet on mini bus numbers

Wonderful turnout and unlikely ever to be beaten by Saints (or possibly other clubs)

Fair play to Carlisle too.

22,000 tickets sold to a relatively small city some 6 hrs driving time from Wembley.

Yeah..i took a look at the crowd today and thought..we must have more than 44,000 here..more like 50,000.

Obviously with a crowd of 73,000 and knowing Carlisle had sold just over 20,000...it was obvious...plus we had sold out over half the ground of a 90,000 seater.

Good show, good show.

Yeah..i took a look at the crowd today and thought..we must have more than 44,000 here..more like 50,000.

Obviously with a crowd of 73,000 and knowing Carlisle had sold just over 20,000...it was obvious...plus we had sold out over half the ground of a 90,000 seater.

Good show, good show.

:smt038:smt038:smt038

IMHO It was a shocking atmosphere as we lacked a leader to start it off like Mr Goldy for them.

I think you were at a different game to me then. I thought the atmosphere was electric. Sore throat at the end from all the singing. FANTASTIC

I think you were at a different game to me then. I thought the atmosphere was electric. Sore throat at the end from all the singing. FANTASTIC

I think it all depends on where you sat. I was right behind the goal and honestly could not hear the two side stands when they were quite obviously chanting.

Wembley is shocking for atmosphere, full stop.

Great turnout and I'm sure we could have sold twice as many. Does anybody know how the gate receipts and TV money are distributed? With our cup runs this season I would have thought that there must have been a reasonable return on the investment.

350k each.

what was those stupid sections in the Carlisle bit for, why oh why was there 200 odd camped on there own in the top tiers?

And a few handfuls of those were Saint's in plain clothes (judging by some of the smiles on faces around me)

and one of those was me, the first goal i squeaked, the second i cheered, the third i sang, the forth i jumped up and shouted. the carlisle fans did not seem to be bothered by me. i saw several saints fans in their end as well especially at the end, they were the ones cheering!

IMHO It was a shocking atmosphere as we lacked a leader to start it off like Mr Goldy for them.

Got to agree with this, just that at any one time you could hear about 4 different songs being song in different areas. The only time everyone was in unison was for a couple of "C'mon you Reds" and "We're by far the Greatest Team....". Not one decent OWTS, let alone a slow one! The stadium's just too vast to get everyone doing the same thing.

Probably the most heard vocal yesterday was from all the day-trippers constantly shouting "SIT DOWN"................

Good day all the same.

I think it all depends on where you sat. I was right behind the goal and honestly could not hear the two side stands when they were quite obviously chanting.

Wembley is shocking for atmosphere, full stop.

We were in the "Gods"; 2nd row behind Scoreboard. The sound & the view , like the result, was amazing .

We were in the "Gods"; 2nd row behind Scoreboard. The sound & the view , like the result, was amazing .

Mrs Landford and I were right on the left of the scoreboard/screen and agreed it was amazing. Took some time out to take in atmosphere when we were really rocking just after the 4th goal. If I had been a more emotional guy it would hve brought a lump to the throat.

Must agree though due to the size of the place difficult to get all fans in time.

I thought the atmosphere was very 'mixed', loads of colour and flags which was great; there were a few too many jester hats/face painters/coloured-red-and-silver wigs/viking helmets for my personal preference.

I was right in the back three rows in 540 behind the goal and there was certainly some really good singing from all sections of the ground including us - there was also a lot of sit-down bingo bus types around me and a number of people who didn't seem to know the names of any of the Saints players. Guess that's what you get when you sell two for a season ticket? Sorry for any Saints fans that couldn't be there - clearly there were at least a couple of thousand who missed out and have been to 5+ games this season who didn't get near a ticket under the allocation system used.

It was a really good day out and so pleased for ML and AP, loved Wotton's reaction (I really can't believe the marks he's got on some of the match threads - we went into the game without our best midfielder - he came in and did a job - we won - 4!-1 - at Wembley!! - people still want to have a go ...).

Pre-match on Baker Street was good, stadium was excellent, transport links were much better than I anticipated, just don't think it was an 'awesome' atmosphere, 'good' but not 'awesome'.

From where I was in row 9 of block 533 you couldn't hear our lads behind the goal very well which meant that we didn't get a proper OWTSGMI going.

A great big 'Come on you reds' and a few 'Stand up if you love the Saints'

But as Sandwich said - good but not great atmosphere - would mark it as a great day though.

Did the Marylebone route - very easy. Can't say the same about getting to Waterloo from south west London though - no trains, no tubes - great cohesive thinking there Transport For London.

Nice chat with one of hte Saints Diplomats from Clapham Junction up to Marylebone though, some nice anecdotes - hope you enjoyed yourself Mr Ferrero Rocher!

According to the Telegraph this morning it's the most fans any 1 team has ever taken to Wembley!

I'm hoarse from singing - and as other have said I could see people behind the goal singing away but could barely here them.

The few chants we all got going together though - wow!

From where I was in row 9 of block 533 you couldn't hear our lads behind the goal very well which meant that we didn't get a proper OWTSGMI going.

But as Sandwich said - good but not great atmosphere - would mark it as a great day though.

Did the Marylebone route - very easy. Can't say the same about getting to Waterloo from south west London though - no trains, no tubes - great cohesive thinking there Transport For London.

Nice chat with one of hte Saints Diplomats from Clapham Junction up to Marylebone though, some nice anecdotes - hope you enjoyed yourself Mr Ferrero Rocher!

Nothing like as good as the atmosphere at Cardiff in my view.

As to transport, the signs at waterloo saying the jubilee line was shut from west hampstead were simply wrong. Apparently they'd been left on from the day before. We travelled in from clapham south via northern line and jubilee line in some comfort ..half empty carriage because of the people who got off because of the signs.

Bit different on the way home! By eck it got warm in that carriage.

k.

Row in front of me!

Sorry if my appalling singing voice runied your enjoyment :D

Watching on an internet stream brought a lump to my throat as the camera panned round the massed red and white. I don't remember hearing OWTSGMI but the COYR came through well: probably easier to sing with a bad acoustic.

Hopefully next time at Wembley I'll come on over and see for myself!

It's a shame most of the reports give 73k attendance 44k Saints fans , thus implying rest were Carlisle fans. Rather than giving the 20k Carlisle, 44k Saints, rest Club Wembley, guests or whatever.

Edited by ponto1963

The Wembley figures show that the Saints fans attendance was greater than the record crowd at Fratton Park during their heyday of the 1950's.

In fact there were probably more like 53,000 Saints fans at the game so the Fratton Park figure was comfortably exceeded

So yet another bragging right over our friends down the road

The Wembley figures show that the Saints fans attendance was greater than the record crowd at Fratton Park during their heyday of the 1950's.

In fact there were probably more like 53,000 Saints fans at the game so the Fratton Park figure was comfortably exceeded

So yet another bragging right over our friends down the road

Obsessed?

I was sat in the club wembley section and the overwhelming majority in the club wembley blocks where saints fans so I'm not surprised by the stats. You're not allowed colours in club wembley seats (not really enforced at all!) so many people were not wearing colours.

I thought the atmosphere was very 'mixed', loads of colour and flags which was great; there were a few too many jester hats/face painters/coloured-red-and-silver wigs/viking helmets for my personal preference.

I was right in the back three rows in 540 behind the goal and there was certainly some really good singing from all sections of the ground including us - there was also a lot of sit-down bingo bus types around me and a number of people who didn't seem to know the names of any of the Saints players. Guess that's what you get when you sell two for a season ticket? Sorry for any Saints fans that couldn't be there - clearly there were at least a couple of thousand who missed out and have been to 5+ games this season who didn't get near a ticket under the allocation system used.

It was a really good day out and so pleased for ML and AP, loved Wotton's reaction (I really can't believe the marks he's got on some of the match threads - we went into the game without our best midfielder - he came in and did a job - we won - 4!-1 - at Wembley!! - people still want to have a go ...).

Pre-match on Baker Street was good, stadium was excellent, transport links were much better than I anticipated, just don't think it was an 'awesome' atmosphere, 'good' but not 'awesome'.

we were Block 540 front row, right above Score Board, great view, great support, lots of laughs