Saints Player!!!!

dronskisaint

Why is the Charlton feed absolutely perfect, but the Saints feed is crap? Numbers of users?

I doubt it. We're at home so most of our lot are at the game.

It's utter crap that they can't seem to sort this out.

I complained and I've already been 'awarded' a free month. That's my second free month, so they'll soon be paying me to listen rather than vice versa. Sounds about right.

I was listening in Munich and thought thats why i had the problem, Charlton feed was faultless of course but i don't pay to listen to their 'taters - does anyone have a 'complaint email' addy for the operators, it's getting beyond bad and I'm really angry about it now

FM doesn't work 3300 miles away :(

Radio Solent doesn't broadcast during live match commentary on the Internet. :mad:

So it's Saints Player or bust for anybody from outside about 20 miles from Southampton :cool:

Fair enough.

Radio Solent doesn't broadcast during live match commentary on the Internet. :mad:

So it's Saints Player or bust for anybody from outside about 20 miles from Southampton :cool:

Not true that Solent doesn't broadcast during internet commentary - of course it does. I wasn't at the game today and listened to the first half on Radio Solent on my car radio in Sussex on 96.1. Got home and listened to the 2nd half on Saints Player - with short breaks in sound as others have said. Not enough to ruin the listening but still not acceptable quality for a paid-for service. BTW, Dave Merrington doesn't approve of 4-5-1.

Not true that Solent doesn't broadcast during internet commentary - of course it does. I wasn't at the game today and listened to the first half on Radio Solent on my car radio in Sussex on 96.1. Got home and listened to the 2nd half on Saints Player - with short breaks in sound as others have said. Not enough to ruin the listening but still not acceptable quality for a paid-for service. BTW, Dave Merrington doesn't approve of 4-5-1.

Pay attention ;)

So what do you actually use the unicorn poo for ;)

I bury all my unicorn poo under Pompey's pitch. It helps fantasies grow, but has no substance in the real world, so it only increases the disappointment when the fairy tales end and normal life becomes reality again. ;)

Let's see just how many Saints fans give a sh !t about this...

...10 years ago, you zeroes would have been forced the rely on a copy of the Pink, sent over by your Mum, for match highlights.

You left for the money/weather. Live with the consequences...

You should probably put a 'generally speaking' with such a sweeping statement...maybe some are out of Hants due to serving their country, working in humanitarian causes, the illness and rehabilitation of a loved one...also be happy mate we've just won a critical one.

...10 years ago, you zeroes would have been forced the rely on a copy of the Pink, sent over by your Mum, for match highlights.

Q: How do you spell c*nt?

A: Guided Missile

What a thoroughly nasty piece of work you are, GM.

And from the lofty heights of Bursledon Parish Council you call other people "zeroes". LOL.

God only knows what kind of rejection is behind your prejudice (it sounds like the overseas kind - male or female), but it's time for you to seek help.

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Moose Boy

Did anyone else email Saintsplayer? They will only respond if there is enough dissatisfaction.

My reply:

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

We are aware of the interruptions to the commentary. This is being investigated to ensure that this gets fixed for the forthcoming fixtures.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards

Customer Services

Scary ..... I still get The Pink sent out each week :p

Did you simply forget to insert a smiley (wishful thinking), or do you really have an issue with people still supporting The Saints if they dare to live outside the Southampton Postcode area :confused:

PS The Saints Player isn't just for expats .... people in say Manchester, sure as hell didn't move there for the weather :rolleyes:

I live in Bristol you stupid **** and I pay for a service. If that service is sub-standard I have a right to redress.

You know the saints player comentary is just the radio solent comentary dont ya?

If saints handed it back to the BBC to broadcast on the interweb it would no doubt be faultless.

I still cant believe so many people are paying for a substandard version of what essentially is a licence fee paid service.

The more people that refuse to pay for it the more they might do about providing a service worth paying for.

You know the saints player comentary is just the radio solent comentary dont ya?

If saints handed it back to the BBC to broadcast on the interweb it would no doubt be faultless.

I still cant believe so many people are paying for a substandard version of what essentially is a licence fee paid service.

The more people that refuse to pay for it the more they might do about providing a service worth paying for.

Yes I am well aware of the fact that it is just simply Radio Solent (we have enough updates from Eastleigh, Havant, Bomo and even skatesmuff on matchdays :mad:).

All the teams in League 1 (except Leeds I beleive) have the same set up, so no Live Radio feeds are available on the Internet, regardless if I stump up or not :cool:.

Our main gripe is by selecting 'the oppositions' commentary the signal doesn't keep cutting out like The Saints commentary does, so the problem seems to be either with Solent or SFC or the pair of them.

So as I said earlier it's this or nothing at all :( .... and I need my weekly fix of SFC despite the pain and the agony (and hangovers) we have to go through :p

I'm wondering if your contempt extends itself to my friend in Wimbledon? His parents still live in Woolston, where he grew up; so he's back in So'ton regularly. We went to St. Mary's College together in the sixties.

We get together for every game (Saturdays and mid-week) via the internet on Saints Player and email back-and-forth. We still have a passion for the Saints after all these years. Incredible, eh?

Is he a "zero" too?

BTW, I stopped getting the Pink in the late sixties; but I do remember fondly going down to my local newsagent's in Hythe every Saturday evening in the early sixties to get details about that week's game. [Were you supporting Saints back in 1962?]

I could only go to a few games a season back then, cos I lived in Hythe and was just a nipper.

Was I a "zero" even back then? Jeez, I never knew!

I live 250 miles away, am a season ticket holder & often have to work 6 or 7 days a week (fortunately football-wise mostly in the simmer) so rely on a service that I've paid for (it doesn't even matter how much!) to keep me in touch.

If I'd paid for the Pink to be sent & it didn't arrive should I not have complained?

Kn*b!

I have sent my regular email of complaint.

Wasn't going to bother [ already sent 10 or so previous ones], but I suppose enough complaints might generate an improvement?

Just a thought but if our club started getting numerous calls regarding the shoddy service surely we might get them to push. Bad vibes do not make our club a happy place.

• 2 weeks later...