The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

Why are we not looking to bring in Fabien Brandy, Andy Robinson and Jay DeMerit. They are all free agents and IMHO Brandy and DeMerit would improve our squad/ team, Robinson has proven himself at this level as a good wide midfield player.

On a side note it is sad to see that Jamie White is still unattached, if it hadn't been for injuries I believe he would be in our first team now!

It looks like we'll not be adding to the squad anywhen soon - even with loans. Shockingly, it would appear that the likes of Pulis are even being considered as fair game when it comes to 'using assets'. I suspect that whoever is holding the purse strings, has absolutely the square root of fook all knowledge about football and hence is just looking at headcount rather than competency. Mmm, Saints as a commercial organisation are not alone in adopting this type of business strategy, especially when times are tough and cash-flow is king.

What is that statement based on?

Based on my opinion that there are signs are that we're not going to be adding to the squad. There's not even a hint of this. I believe NC could be thinking that once injuries are sorted (e.g. Lallana, Richardson and Connolly), we'll have a strong enough and lean enough squad to mount a challenge. Huge risk of course, however I just have this gut feeling that more money will not be spent on wages at this time as the cash-flow probably isn't there.

If we don't add to the squad the season is finished imo with no chance of promotion or even the play offs and crowds will continue to be 17 to 18k as the rest of us will not return!!

Yes I can be called a fair weather fan as many of the non season ticket holders are but with no fit strikers,the fact we can't score,no decent signings we were promised in the summer and in the season of real hope Saints totally shooting themselves in the foot no wonder so many are totally disillusioned and currently can't be bothered to spend there hard earned cash.

Without the 3 signings I Have bleated on about all summer as many others have ie the back up striker,central midfielder and speedy winger we have zero hope of getting out of this league.I thought NC was meant to be very ambitious.At the moment he is showing no sign of this.Ihope he shoves this statement back down my throat very soon or I will start to believe the money has gone and we are skint.

I hope the statement we won't be bringing any signings in is false

I think NA will have funds - after all why would he have dropped a division otherwise? He is probably just seeing exactly what he has available to him and working out what his loan/perm budget is and what positions he can strengthen with whom for that money. Good point on Brandy, has to be worth a trial at least. I also recall him saying that he was likely to strengthen once he'd assessed the squad and his options.

We've probably got a rumours site as everyone outside of the immediate SFC circles can see we've got a desperately thin squad, and so we all think we've got to be signing 3/4 players otherwise any injuries (as being proved) will hit the squad hard! Any of those last 3 / 4 mentioned would come in and do a good job.

Based on my opinion that there are signs are that we're not going to be adding to the squad. There's not even a hint of this. I believe NC could be thinking that once injuries are sorted (e.g. Lallana, Richardson and Connolly), we'll have a strong enough and lean enough squad to mount a challenge. Huge risk of course, however I just have this gut feeling that more money will not be spent on wages at this time as the cash-flow probably isn't there.

If Cortese is as good a Businessman as people think, then it won't be too hard for him to realise that :-

No New signings = Poor Results = Increasingly dropping Attendances = even less Cash Flow

Simples !!!!

• 1 month later...