The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

He has already backed him enough.

Pardew must have spent close to £4m on this squad and so far we've had two poor sides in Orient and Plymouth come to St. Mary's and contain us.

Hardly. We had bucketfulls of chances in both matches. Add that to beating Bournemouth and outplaying Bolton's second string and it's clear we're not being contained in the slightest.

Very worried after reading that latest interview from AP.We still need 3 players imo to be brought in not 1!!!!

Why is he now not looking to bring in a back up striker for Rickie that he has said he needs??

Not convinced by Jaidi and think we need another cb

We also need the pacy winger

In the ideal world I would also bring in another cm as I would not want Wooton or Pulis anywhere near the 1st team.

So far I have been totally underwhelmed with our transfer activity this summer.Actually I am very disappointed in it after AP said we would have a squad capable of challenging in the ccc not just div 1 by the end of the summer.So what has changed.Is NC unwilling

to back AP?

We have a good team but not the team I thought would destroy this league this season with the signings we were led to believe were likely to happen this summer.

Hope to be proved wrong by the end of Tuesday night with 2/3 new additions I think we really need to add some serious competition for places in our squad.

danger of getting greedy and going for the man city solution of throwing more players at the squad in the hope it will work.

the side we had at the end of last season showed it was good enough - and that was without a RB! (we now have two)

we have lost our speedy impact sub - but AP says one is to come, plus we now have Ox-C.

we have added Guly for competition at CM

I also expect more to come from Seaborne and Martin as they mature.

Much of our squad are still to peak - Lallana, Schneiderlin, and Puncheon.

I would like a star CM, and another CB to Fonte's standard, another big CF - but don't think we should need them - this squad should be competing for the title if players and manager perform to their potential and we are not very unlucky with injuries.

danger of getting greedy and going for the man city solution of throwing more players at the squad in the hope it will work.

the side we had at the end of last season showed it was good enough - and that was without a RB! (we now have two)

we have lost our speedy impact sub - but AP says one is to come, plus we now have Ox-C.

we have added Guly for competition at CM

I also expect more to come from Seaborne and Martin as they mature.

Much of our squad are still to peak - Lallana, Schneiderlin, and Puncheon.

I would like a star CM, and another CB to Fonte's standard, another big CF - but don't think we should need them - this squad should be competing for the title if players and manager perform to their potential and we are not very unlucky with injuries.

Could not agree more with this....too many players and we will start having the opposite problem of managing the bruised egos of players dropped who are already more than capable of performing at a higher level. I suspect once we get our new winger we will be looking for the loan market only in the event of injury problems hitting one of our stars (Fonte and Lambert would be the problem areas) but having benched players of their calibre is unlikely to be the solution today. Every team could be improved - Man United could do with a better CF, right back and winger - but frankly if this Saints team doesn't win the league something will have had to have gone horribly wrong.

One final point; if I were Cortese I would definately have a contingency pot in the event we get close to Xmas and are not looking set for promotion. I would need money to pay for a new manager and some fresh faces that he would undoubtably want - after the last few years of running our finances on a all-or-nothing punt this for me would seem rather more reassuring.

Should get a phone call about Gonzalez in the morning and if there is more worth knowing i shall post it here. Just for a bit of fun too my contact was speaking with Guly today while he was waiting for his lift and although his English isn't perfect he made it quite clear that Zola was also staying at the same hotel as he is!!!!!! Make of this what you will..........2+2=5 i think but interesting never the less.

What happened?

Spoke to my contact late last night and he trained 2 days with us and wasn't at Staplewood yesterday. Both my contact and i don't know how transfers go but as i said in my original post he has had a medical but then so did Vassell over 2 weeks ago so i guess it's down to Cortese to sort out a deal if AP wants him and whether we can can offer the deal to get the player to come here. I should know a bit more tomorrow as for some reason sunday mornings down at Staplewood are normally when information is easier for her to come by but she has said they(players and management) should be all in tomorrow as she has to work. I will let you know if there any developments tomorrow afternoon he i get a call. COYR

To be honest i'm shocked no one has snapped him up. Would be a decent signing for league one for sure.

he said he was offered a contract a brighton..but clubs at higher levels showed interest.....brighton would not wait and other clubs went elsewhere

would be a very good job for a season at least IMO

Spoke to my contact late last night and he trained 2 days with us and wasn't at Staplewood yesterday. Both my contact and i don't know how transfers go but as i said in my original post he has had a medical but then so did Vassell over 2 weeks ago so i guess it's down to Cortese to sort out a deal if AP wants him and whether we can can offer the deal to get the player to come here. I should know a bit more tomorrow as for some reason sunday mornings down at Staplewood are normally when information is easier for her to come by but she has said they(players and management) should be all in tomorrow as she has to work. I will let you know if there any developments tomorrow afternoon he i get a call. COYR

I would love it for Vassell to come here - a good highly experienced English player who has lost his way. In fact I wonder why he has been seemingly ostracised by English football - perhaps because of his penalty miss in the Euros...was it this that ruined his career, with the English game turning its back on him? Is the professional organisation that damning? Anyway, he would be IMO a fantastic signing at this level and one that could in fact galvanise the entire 1st team.

I'd love to see Hendrie here. He's a very good ball player in midfield and would add the fight and bite to CM. He's 33 so 1 year contract?

I agree he would be a great signing at this level, but it would not happen - who would he replace...Morgan, Hammond, Wotton or Guly? As you can see we have our four CM's now and I do not think there is room for another in the budget with other positions a priority. Also, I do wonder about Hendries attitude and whether he would be here for the right reasons (probably a reason why he's a free agent now).

I agree he would be a great signing at this level, but it would not happen - who would he replace...Morgan, Hammond, Wotton or Guly? As you can see we have our four CM's now and I do not think there is room for another in the budget with other positions a priority. Also, I do wonder about Hendries attitude and whether he would be here for the right reasons (probably a reason why he's a free agent now).

he would be here for money...much like most of our players..

He'd be reasonable back up. Could come on in games where the midfield is going missing and needs some bite. At least we could try and ship Wotton back off to Plymouth.

I'm sure, with all your inside contacts, you know that this forum is read by members of staff at SFC. I just hope that by you passing on tittle tattle from HER, does not cost HER loss of employment. If I have a good idea who SHE is, you can bet others (at SFC) do!

What was that saying, 'Loose tongues cost lives' (in HER case, her JOB)

Why not just say, 'My contact at the club'.

some snippets about him from wycomes OS match reports -

''the goal came in some style when Matt Phillips produced a masterclass in wingplay to dash past a host of Millwall defenders and give Strevens the simple task of tapping home from six yards.''

''The goal prompted a response from the home side and they began to compete with the Lions, with the pace of Matt Phillips in particular looking capable of creating openings.''

'' And it worked, all thanks to the majestic work of Matt Phillips on the wing.

The England Under-19 international danced through a host of yellow shirts after bursting goalwards from the touchline and laid the ball on a plate for Strevens to tap home his first goal for the club from six yards.''

I'm sure, with all your inside contacts, you know that this forum is read by members of staff at SFC. I just hope that by you passing on tittle tattle from HER, does not cost HER loss of employment. If I have a good idea who SHE is, you can bet others (at SFC) do!

What was that saying, 'Loose tongues cost lives' (in HER case, her JOB)

Why not just say, 'My contact at the club'.

how do you know this poster is saying SHE as a bluff..?

how do you know this poster is saying SHE as a bluff..?

I have no problem with Craig posting gossip but care needs to be taken that the source is unable to be identified! If you read his post more closely, you don't need to be a Mastermind winner to work out how he is referring to.

MATT Phillips looks set for a move away from Adams Park after he was left off the teamsheet for this afternoon's game at Northampton.

The England U19 international, who has been at the centre of intense transfer speculation had been expected to feature in Gary Waddock's squad for the Sixfields encounter.

But he was a very late withdrawl and Wanderers only named six substitutes instead of the allotted seven on their teamsheet.

Before the match Wanderers owner Steve Hayes and boss Gary Waddock were seen talking in the dugout.

The Blues had previously rejected a bid from Bristol City but told Phillips they would not stand in his way of a move to a bigger club if the money was right.

Southampton and Preston have also been long-term suitors of the Wanderers' youth team product but Leeds and Premiership duo Blackpool and Wigan have also been watching the situation.

The transfer window closes on Tuesday