The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

Yeah it's blackpool he's going to. He was left out of wycombes game and was at Bloomfield road for blackpools game against fulham

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6344098,00.html

Good, lets hope he realises that he can play in a better venue than their shanty town stadium, and that Blackpool is a dump by the seaside. AP/NC should have no problem convincing him his career prospects are better served on the south coast.

And then tell him the story of Matt Piper who chose not to come to Saints.That'll sort the bugger out.

The Guardian is reporting: "Michael Owen will join Southampton for 6.5m tomorrow". They do go on to say that this was from the Football-rumours.com website so probably bulls**t. Still....got me thinking of the Keegan signing all those years ago.......

The Guardian is reporting: "Michael Owen will join Southampton for 6.5m tomorrow". They do go on to say that this was from the Football-rumours.com website so probably bulls**t. Still....got me thinking of the Keegan signing all those years ago.......

ARRRRRRGH *jumps in bath with toaster*

what the heck is the guardian doing reporting from that website?

Micheal Owen stated himself on Radio 5 Live about two weeks ago he will never play outside the top division and will not play in the Championship let alone League One. If he can't get a club to sign him in the top flight he will retire and therefore only have been a top flight player throughout his career. He was saying this himself on the radio.

To be honest he sounded a little bit egocentric but it was directly from the horses mouth.

Forget it.

Micheal Owen stated himself on Radio 5 Live about two weeks ago he will never play outside the top division and will not play in the Championship let alone League One. If he can't get a club to sign him in the top flight he will retire and therefore only have been a top flight player throughout his career. He was saying this himself on the radio.

To be honest he sounded a little bit egocentric but it was directly from the horses mouth.

Forget it.

FFS. Why are you even talking about it?

Amazing how Blackpool are signing up all the potential CCC and L1 purchases. Either Hollaway has a good eye or he is taking an almighty risk hoping that CCC and L1 players will keep Blackpool alive in the prem.

A good strategy for when they get relegated back to the Championship. They may become another West Brom going up/down all the time.

Amazing how Blackpool are signing up all the potential CCC and L1 purchases. Either Hollaway has a good eye or he is taking an almighty risk hoping that CCC and L1 players will keep Blackpool alive in the prem.

nothing to do with risk. He has extremely tight budget constraints that means he has to look at players down the pryramid. Good luck to him. Last thing the game needs is yet another side going up and saddling itself with rediculous wages like Hull have donw with Bullard. SHame half the players are potentially our targets.

From football rumour website so must be true ;)

Robinho set for shock move to the south coast, don't be stupid Portsmouth can't afford him they have no money, that'd why the biggest south coast team are set to make a 21 mil bid where his wages will b 80k a week man city happy to agree as they just want rid of him confirmation of this signing

will be posted on saints fc website in the early hours of tommorrow morning

Heard a rumour yesterday that Feeney of Bournemouth was one of the wide players on our short list. He gave Dickson a torrid time until Dan Harding sorted him out after coming on as sub.

If Harding can sort him out then maybe he's not really good enough?!!!

If we've sacked Pardew does that mean there will no more signings - probably - what a stupid time to sack a manager

Thats speculating that Pardew was in charge of transfers ??

With our development centre stuff with Reed, Dodd, hunter etc and the scouts it has been said there was some sort of team including Pardew that discussed the potential transfers, so the way i look at it is even without AP we may still be in the market for a few players.

Thats speculating that Pardew was in charge of transfers ??

With our development centre stuff with Reed, Dodd, hunter etc and the scouts it has been said there was some sort of team including Pardew that discussed the potential transfers, so the way i look at it is even without AP we may still be in the market for a few players.

I understand it was Pardew, Reed, Burke together with Cortese.

We have been left way behind this transfer window and now with APs' departure i'm not convinced we will enter the race to sign anyone else.

I know the loan window will be open still but we don't have anyone at the helm,barring Cortese,and i'm concerned that he will be the man who chooses the targets.

It's a mess at the moment,imo.

I do not agree.Our 1st 11 is strong enough to get us promoted our squad is not.Any injuries and we will end up in the play offs lottery and not automatics.

Yup. Absolutely crazy timing and further evidence to support my concerns that our chairman does not understand the vagaries of football.

Can't agree that we missed the boat on that one. Phillips will get some premiership games at Blackpool, it's not like he is going to Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea where he would have 2 or 3 years of reserve football ahead of him. It was never going to happen for us.