The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

I guess Reading are asking for a crazy price for MA and we won't be taken to the cleaners and rightly so.

The rumours are that they were asking upwards of £1m which is real madness, we've made a couple of bids of around 300-500k apparentley but they've been rejected.

i wouldn't personally pay more than 300k for him.

The rumours are that they were asking upwards of £1m which is real madness, we've made a couple of bids of around 300-500k apparentley but they've been rejected.

i wouldn't personally pay more than 300k for him.

For a guy with about 20 first team starts but with potential I think 300-400k with add ons would be fair, but no way over 500k.

Centre half, tall, good in the air, questionable distribution, quiet on the pitch, lacks pace.

Basically the same description you'd give to Seabourne

I'd of thought mroe like Martin or Jaidi as Seaborne isn't slow, for a centre back.

For a guy with about 20 first team starts but with potential I think 300-400k with add ons would be fair, but no way over 500k.

the point is that Reading don't want to sell as he is playing for them and not rotting in the reserves. Hence they can ask for a wedge.

Here's two rumours from 606 & Echo, both involving highly promising youngsters on season long loans from Liverpool reserves, each with options to buy at 1 million...

David Amoo aged 19 very fast right winger signed from Millwall in 2007.

Michael Agoo aged 17 (18 in Oct) 6' 4" striker signed from Southend last September. Said to be down here talking to Pardew.

I kid you not about the similar names. Make of this what you will...

agree, 20 years old, year ago playing non-league football, total of about 30 start at league 1 level.

Here's two rumours from 606 & Echo, both involving highly promising youngsters on season long loans from Liverpool reserves, each with options to buy at 1 million...

David Amoo aged 19 very fast right winger signed from Millwall in 2007.

Michael Agoo aged 17 (18 in Oct) 6' 4" striker signed from Southend last September. Said to be down here talking to Pardew.

I kid you not about the similar names. Make of this what you will...

I think his name is Michael Ngoo

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/academy/player/michael-ngoo

I've had it on good authority that a lad called David Gonzalez from Las Palmas has been training with the squad today and has had a medical. He has not signed though but it sounds like it could be one we're seriously looking at. She also tells me that Vassell had a medical over a week ago and his signing is well RUMOURED to be on the cards but if it's not him then someone else othe than this Gonzalez will be.

I've had it on good authority that a lad called David Gonzalez from Las Palmas has been training with the squad today and has had a medical. He has not signed though but it sounds like it could be one we're seriously looking at. She also tells me that Vassell had a medical over a week ago and his signing is well RUMOURED to be on the cards but if it's not him then someone else othe than this Gonzalez will be.
This the fella? http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gonz%25C3%25A1lez_Borges&ei=Pad2TOHgPJO94gahqZmPBg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3DDavid%2BGonzalez%2Bfrom%2BLas%2BPalmas%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4HPEB_enGB302GB207%26prmd%3Do

Position : Average???????????? or is the Man City keeper?

Right Winger.....http://www.udlaspalmas.es/Paginas/Equipos.php?Nivel=7&id=13

'A talent with the ball at his feet. Virtually unstoppable in one-on-one. Within the area is a nightmare and was a threat. The speed and aesthetics of his dribbling skills make him a favorite of the crowd.'

Well if there is any truth in this then looks the part...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKrnd3CY628

Gutted as I was ready to pop into the training ground as I knew we had someone extra there with the team.

totally gutted as I have a top of the range camera to zoom in on players.

I also wanted to relay back to everyone what our new Gooley was playing like as I cant wait to see him.

Gutted as I was ready to pop into the training ground as I knew we had someone extra there with the team.

totally gutted as I have a top of the range camera to zoom in on players.

I also wanted to relay back to everyone what our new Gooley was playing like as I cant wait to see him.

I'm lost???

Should get a phone call about Gonzalez in the morning and if there is more worth knowing i shall post it here. Just for a bit of fun too my contact was speaking with Guly today while he was waiting for his lift and although his English isn't perfect he made it quite clear that Zola was also staying at the same hotel as he is!!!!!! Make of this what you will..........2+2=5 i think but interesting never the less.

Should get a phone call about Gonzalez in the morning and if there is more worth knowing i shall post it here. Just for a bit of fun too my contact was speaking with Guly today while he was waiting for his lift and although his English isn't perfect he made it quite clear that Zola was also staying at the same hotel as he is!!!!!! Make of this what you will..........2+2=5 i think but interesting never the less.

Funny that as Zola was presenting an award during the Champions League draw today! :D

Nice one, keep us informed!

It's not as if no foreigners or small people have been successful in England is it. There's an odd myth that we have the most physical leagues but you see just as many bad challenges abroad. The difference seems to be refs not letting so much go in other countries.

It does make you laugh when you consider that a large percentage of players in the so called ENGLISH league are FOREIGNERS

When you think of some of the hatchet men of Italian Football ( remember Gentile ) ?, makes even John Terry seem like Graham Norton

Very worried after reading that latest interview from AP.We still need 3 players imo to be brought in not 1!!!!

Why is he now not looking to bring in a back up striker for Rickie that he has said he needs??

Not convinced by Jaidi and think we need another cb

We also need the pacy winger

In the ideal world I would also bring in another cm as I would not want Wooton or Pulis anywhere near the 1st team.

So far I have been totally underwhelmed with our transfer activity this summer.Actually I am very disappointed in it after AP said we would have a squad capable of challenging in the ccc not just div 1 by the end of the summer.So what has changed.Is NC unwilling

to back AP?

We have a good team but not the team I thought would destroy this league this season with the signings we were led to believe were likely to happen this summer.

Hope to be proved wrong by the end of Tuesday night with 2/3 new additions I think we really need to add some serious competition for places in our squad.

Very worried after reading that latest interview from AP.We still need 3 players imo to be brought in not 1!!!!

Why is he now not looking to bring in a back up striker for Rickie that he has said he needs??

In the ideal world I would also bring in another cm as I would not want Wooton or Pulis anywhere near the 1st team.

So far I have been totally underwhelmed with our transfer activity this summer.Actually I am very disappointed in it after AP said we would have a squad capable of challenging in the ccc not just div 1 by the end of the summer.So what has changed.Is NC unwilling

to back AP?

We have a good team but not the team I thought would destroy this league this season with the signings we were led to believe were likely to happen this summer.

Hope to be proved wrong by the end of Tuesday night with 2/3 new additions I think we really need to add some serious competition for places in our squad.

This. great post

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
That link says that saints still do not have clearance for Do Padro! Bloody Italians are really being slow it appears.

K.

Except when it comes to retreating.

to back AP?

Have to agree with you on this one!

to back AP?

He has already backed him enough.

Pardew must have spent close to £4m on this squad and so far we've had two poor sides in Orient and Plymouth come to St. Mary's and contain us.