The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

Ok, I know its 606 and RocketSwanie but if it was in the paper, he isn't making it up this time :)

Svetoslav Todorov linked - http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A72896106

I think he'd do a good job tbh. At 32, would surely be more than happy to sit on the bench. Also Pardew signed him before whilst at Charlton.

Dodgier knee than i have..............not sure

Just heard Keith Millen (who has found himself promoted to Brizzle City's Manager since Steve Cop-Out done a bolt, again) on TalkSport. He mentioned how Coppell had become frustrated over the summer, predominantly due to his ambitions not be able to be met in the Transfer market. Millen did state that the transfer market has been "Virtually Non-Existent" this summer... maybe explaining away quite why Pards was unable to complete his transfer activity early on, like he had stated he would at the end of the season.

Just heard Keith Millen (who has found himself promoted to Brizzle City's Manager since Steve Cop-Out done a bolt, again) on TalkSport. He mentioned how Coppell had become frustrated over the summer, predominantly due to his ambitions not be able to be met in the Transfer market. Millen did state that the transfer market has been "Virtually Non-Existent" this summer... maybe explaining away quite why Pards was unable to complete his transfer activity early on, like he had stated he would at the end of the season.

Exactly the case.

It's not so much us not wanting to buy players, the market is just not there at the moment.

This is why I think there'll be a mad scramble of transfers in the final week of August, and perhaps a more transfer packed deadline day than we have had in years - just a hunch. I would have been all excited following it too, had SSN not decided to be arses and go private.

Its got to be due to this 25 man rule, i suspect clubs are preserving the players they have to be within their squads and only letting people go if they can replace, so in a way a vicious circle.

Hopefully we will get the players we need soon.

It's because most clubs are in financial trouble I expect - players earn too much at all levels - season ticket sales are probably down due to the recession we're in - and if the HMRC win the case on image rights a lot of clubs are going to owe the tax man money they don't have!

And the FA do sweet F A whilst football rots from the inside

From a rumours site:

"It looks likely that Michail Antonio & Nicholas Bignall will move from Reading to St marys.

Antonio will sign a three year deal for around £900,000.

Bignall will sign on a year long loan deal.

Both deals will happen once the club is back to normal following Markus Liebherr's death.

A deal to bring ex-Saint Matt Oakley back may still happen also.

Alan pardew is still hopeful of landing Las Palmas striker Saul too. A fee of around £400,000 had been agreed. But Las Palmas are also trying to persuade Saints to buy centre-back Samuel as well for around £350,000."

We've also been linked with ryan harley (midfielder from Exeter), matt phillips and jon obika (striker from Spurs)

Edited by Rebel

From a rumours site:

"It looks likely that Michail Antonio & Nicholas Bignall will move from Reading to St marys.

Both deals will happen once the club is back to normal following Markus Liebherr's death.

Alan pardew is still hopeful of landing Las Palmas striker Saul too. A fee of around £400,000 had been agreed. But Las Palmas are also trying to persuade Saints to buy centre-back Samuel as well for around £350,000."

We've also been linked with ryan harley (midfielder from Exeter), matt phillips and jon obika (striker from Spurs)

is that from football-rumours ffs?

From a rumours site:

:hunt:

I'm sure I came across Nicholas Bignall on that givemefootball site last month, which if true would indicate he is surplus to requirements at Reading?

Ryan Harley rumour may have legs, and I'm sure Saints have shown an interest in Matt Phillips.

On the subject of midfielders and I know it's only Wiki, it suggests Harlee Dean (trialist from last month) is on loan at Grays from Southampton?

Have I missed something? He is no longer listed on Dag & Red's site as their player, so if he's not here I guess he's unattached now?

13 Aug 2010 09:38:26

Paul Wotton could be joining Palace on a 6 month loan deal from Southampton.

Another snippet from that bastion of reliability Football Rumours. Sorry Hypo but as it could mean Wotton leaving, I couldn't resist!

Means we must have 2 CMs lined up if true.

Danny Ward (striker) who went on loan from Bolton to Swindon last season (scored 9 goals) could do a decent enough job.

Also , an outside shout (and sorry if mentioned before) , but James Vaughan at Everton was loaned out twice last season to Derby and Leicester and rarely features in Everton's first X1 , we could try and get him on loan?

900,000 for player who was non-league not long ago and played handful of league 1 games seems extortionate to me

The problem is, Reading aren't desperate to offload him, in fact, they're happy to keep him at the club and use him as an impact player from the bench.

Saints, on the other hand, are keen to sign Antonio and may have to pay what the majority of us would consider as slightly over the odds to land their man.

It's a tricky one and a tough transfer to negotiate. It's a question of who, if anyone, will give in first.

I do hope that we see the return of Antonio though, as I think he's what we're lacking at the minute. Time will tell.

And how do you know that?

TBH i don't know for sure! I hope I am wrong, but you have to wonder when all these players are moving around and we haven't signed any of them!

I appreciate the point that some of them have moved to a higher league than we are in, but surely we could have landed 1 or 2 of them if we wanted too!

We should sign Therry Racon from Charlton IMO. Box to Box midfielder who gets in good attacking positions and also tracks back and supports the defence.

Watching Charlton tonight, they've gone down to 10 men and he has become alot more disciplined when going forward but is supporting the back four brilliantly.

From a rumours site:

Pace, height and strikers! Just what we need!

Central midfield competition for Schneiderlin and Hammond! Again, just what we need!

Alan Lee would be another quality signing (height and a striker), but I can't see Palace selling him!

We should sign Therry Racon from Charlton IMO. Box to Box midfielder who gets in good attacking positions and also tracks back and supports the defence.

Watching Charlton tonight, they've gone down to 10 men and he has become alot more disciplined when going forward but is supporting the back four brilliantly.

My brother really rates this guy! I think we could do a lot worse than raiding Charlton for another of their top players!

My brother really rates this guy! I think we could do a lot worse than raiding Charlton for another of their top players!

He first impressed me in the game v Charlton just after we went into admin. He ran the show in that game and I think he'd be fantastic alongside Schneiderlin.

I really don't rate Hammond. I'd play Racon & Schneiderlin and make Fonte captain. Hammond is just too slow on the ball and gives away alot of silly free kicks.

Sunderland, they haven't bothered giving him a squad number tho so probably off.

he is no doubt a decent striker, but is he not extremely similar to Connelly and Barnard in that he lacks genuine pace or size? Ideally we ned a striker with one of those attributes.

Alan Lee would be a good target-man replacement for Lambert, but the fact is he would be just that, a replacement when Lambert isn't fit.

Lee would represent a good signing. In some games, we could play both Lambert and Lee. Either way, Lee would allow us to rest Ricky from time to time and he would still get plenty of games in the three cup competitions.

Ryan Harley of Exeter.. now being sought by various clubs.....This could be his year for a move to the big time at Saints..

Most probably knows Seaborne aswell so he could put in a good word about us :)

I'll be honest I've never heard of him. What sort of midfielder is he? Good prospect?