The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

''

Danny Ward.....

.........from Bolton.

Played for Swindon last season apparently. I have just been sent a text from a good source that he is joining us on a season long loan this week.

Any good?''

from another forum - no idea if true or not, but he's a name i mentioned earlier.

Harte? Does Pardew just like left backs???

Isn't he quite short? Can't imagine him being a good CB, let alone at the higher level our signings were supposed to take us to. Must just be an old lazy link before we signed Dickson??

Good for taking Corners and left-footed free-kick's though...

Seems an odd link to me. Perhaps an agent trying to force Carlisle's hand?

Our scouts have been watching Matt Phillips already this season according to reports in their local press. So have Wigan, Blackpool, Preston & Bristol City.

He was set to join bristol city at one point, but then Coppell quit and it died away.

I'm not sure if I wasn't hearing things, but it sounded like the Northam End were singing about Nathan Tyson during the 2nd half last night. I'm only about 70% sure they were singing about Nathan Tyson though!

Is there anybody who was sat it the Northam End last night that can clarify this for me please? It was about 15 minutes in to the 2nd half if I recall correctly!

I'm not sure if I wasn't hearing things, but it sounded like the Northam End were singing about Nathan Tyson during the 2nd half last night. I'm only about 70% sure they were singing about Nathan Tyson though!

Is there anybody who was sat it the Northam End last night that can clarify this for me please? It was about 15 minutes in to the 2nd half if I recall correctly!

I heard nothing like that sung

we're being linked with Jermaine Easter on the Transfer Rumours site - its probably not true - but there you go

I suppose he'd do a job for us if we did sign him - but he's not exactly the type of signing I was hoping for - at 28 he's an old pro but we already have those in Lambert, Barnard and Connolly - I was hopig for some pace, power, youth and potential

I'd rather see Waigo back if we are going to sign someone of that age

I'd like to see us get Antonio back for some pace, power and potential and then bring in some players like Matt Phillips and Adam Le Fondre as well

I have to say I have been very underwhelmed by our transfer dealings so far this season - and I don't think my expectations were that high anyway.

Permanent deals for Waigo and Antonio, a first choice right back and cover for Harding at left back, a playmaker in central midfield, as well as cover for Lambert were the minimum I was expecting really - and so far we haven't even done all of that

Dickson, Richardson, Butterfield and Do Prado is it so far - and we've let James and Gillett go - and still got Pulis, Wotton and Holmes! I'm not quite sure where Do Prado fits in - as a winger, stiker or attacking midfielder?

I've got my fingers crossed in hope that Cortese and Pardew don't let us down though

Nope, there were no Tyson songs sung.

I want to see someone like Leroy Lita upfront. Bit of pace, still quite young (25) and can put the ball in the back of the net. Not being used really at Middlesbrough at the moment and wasn't there reports when Pardew took over that he was at St Marys and was going to sign before going to Boro.

Anyway, can't see it happening, just really want some pace in that side otherwise we're going to find it hard breaking teams down by having to keep knocking it long. With pace, you can knock it around and catch teams on the counter.

Wonder if we might see Frank Nouble signed...

After the text in this thread about Hines it may well be Nouble instead.

West Ham are about to sign Obinna who is a striker, which seemingly would allow Nouble, who wasnt included in the squad for Oxford last night, to go out on loan

I want to see someone like Leroy Lita upfront. Bit of pace, still quite young (25) and can put the ball in the back of the net. Not being used really at Middlesbrough at the moment and wasn't there reports when Pardew took over that he was at St Marys and was going to sign before going to Boro.

Anyway, can't see it happening, just really want some pace in that side otherwise we're going to find it hard breaking teams down by having to keep knocking it long. With pace, you can knock it around and catch teams on the counter.

Lambert and Lita. Now THAT would be one hell of a strike force in The Championship, let alone League One!

Still, I can't see it happening either and in reality, Lita is too similar to Barnard and Connolly, albeit the former having a lot more pace than what we currently have!

IF we do sign another striker, it'll be someone more in the mould of Lambert. A powerful, physical striker who is good in the air. Alan Lee, who has just joined Huddersfield, would have been ideal.

Radio Solent seemed to be suggesting that if we get another player through the door before Saturday, then it'll be a wide player, which is another area we need to improve.

If Lallana and/or Puncheon get injured, we're desperately short of cover. I'd like to see Antonio back, and although I don't believe he is the God that others have made him out to be on here, he would certainly provide us with something different. Pace, power, direct running, unpredictability. It's what we need.

On that note, I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt Phillips sign from Wycombe. It's been well publicised that our scouts have been watching him, and he's not too disimilar to Antonio. He has raw potential and in the right environment, he could excel.

Lets wait and see what happens, but I have faith in Pardew, Cortese and all those at the club to bring in some players that will considerably improve our squad.

We are in fact a League Division Three club with three good strikers at the club - there aren't too many what most on here would consider 'good' forwards/strikers who are gonna sign for us because....well they might not get a game.....better to 'not get a game' in the Premiership or the Championship to be honest.

We are a League Division Three club.

Nouble's a beast. One of those rough diamonds. Can't see anyone loaning us a player if he's not in the 1st XI though.

Matt Phillips would be a good signing. Certainly need some pace down the flanks.

I find it somewhat depressing that at the end of the season a few of us were fairly confident we'd sign better replacements for Papa & Antonio -- Whereas now, in reality, i'd LOVE to have both of them back!

We are in fact a League Division Three club with three good strikers at the club - there aren't too many what most on here would consider 'good' forwards/strikers who are gonna sign for us because....well they might not get a game.....better to 'not get a game' in the Premiership or the Championship to be honest.

We are a League Division Three club.

I agree people on here rubbishing all kind of rumours as if we are in the prem, think a few should wake up and ask them themselves why should such a player really want to join SFC in the first place, .... OK just the money then is is that the player we want at Saints just to warm the bench on £££ a week, we may have an opportunity with the 25 max limit on listed prem players so think a prem loan player later before the window shuts is a posibility rather than a unproven player from lower leagues

Hope he's a left back, I feel we need a couple of players as cover in that position

Centre half, tall, good in the air, questionable distribution, quiet on the pitch, lacks pace.

Basically the same description you'd give to Seabourne

Centre half, tall, good in the air, questionable distribution, quiet on the pitch, lacks pace.

Basically the same description you'd give to Seabourne

Why the u? It is actually Seaborne http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10280~29721,00.html

Anyway, doesn't sound like i'd want him here tbh, want us to buy players from higher up the leagues ala Fonte.

There was something on SSN the other day saying that Torquay had rejected an offer from an unnamed League 1 club for him. Don't know who he is or how good/poor he is. Position?

It should have said "clubs" as Rochdale have also had a bid rejected. Torquay have gone 10 games without conceding, hence the attention on them.

we're being linked with Jermaine Easter on the Transfer Rumours site - its probably not true - but there you go

I suppose he'd do a job for us if we did sign him - but he's not exactly the type of signing I was hoping for - at 28 he's an old pro but we already have those in Lambert, Barnard and Connolly - I was hopig for some pace, power, youth and potential

TBF, Easter is quick and I seem to recall him causing us real problems with his pace, for Plymouth, at SMS, in Nigel Pearson's first game in charge. Could do worse.