The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

West Brom have signed Craig Dawson from Rochdale but have agreed to loan him back to Rochdale for the rest of this season.

Weren't there people saying that we should've gone for him?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6350608,00.html

yes. I was very much one of those people. Strange move seeing as he seemed to keen to move up a division.

For one reason or another' date=' Pele has left MK Dons already. Worth another go?[/quote']

we'd have to have found someone to take Wotton/pUlis off our hands first. Actually isn't today the last day of Pulis' second year of his contract. I guess we will know tomorrow, if we don't already, that the third year was his choice rather than ours.

It's sad when the Official Summer Transfers & HCDAJFU thread starts it's inevitable slide down the forum into digital oblivion.

Before it disappears completely and we admit Winter is nearly here, let's remember the good times.

My own favourite moment was when I read that Michael Owen was coming to SMS.

Any others?

Michael Kightly been left out of Wolves 25 man squad. Would be a good addition here but I reckon a championship club will snap him up pretty quickly.

Only because he's still recovering from a serious injury that hasn't seen him play for over (?) a year.

• 2 weeks later...
It's sad when the Official Summer Transfers & HCDAJFU thread starts it's inevitable slide down the forum into digital oblivion.

Before it disappears completely and we admit Winter is nearly here, let's remember the good times.

My own favourite moment was when I read that Michael Owen was coming to SMS.

Any others?

I remember the days when we were signing the permanent wingers, a Rickie cover and a CM.

Or was that last January's HCDAJFU thread?

Word from a Scunny fan on 606 is that NA brought in Donal McDermott on loan from Man City late last season and the guy was good, really fast with quick feet and lot's of trickery.

Donal Jeremiah McDermott is (not surprisingly) Irish and an attacking mid or striker, aged almost 21 and listed as 5' 10". Sounds a decent prospect and not likely to figure too much at City. Maybe our new main man will revisit this option perhaps ...

He's not in the 25, but he can still play first team for West Ham.

This is correct. For anyone who wants to understand this, take a look here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8858634.stm

I think that explains it pretty well, but, basically, clubs have a 25-man squad of over-21 year olds which can then be supplemented by any of their under-21 year olds.