David Hirst

benjii

thirsty Hirsty! What a player he could have been if it wasn't for injuries and his love of the beer. Rumour has it Fergie tried to sign him 5 times for Man U and when he couldn't get him turned to a certain frenchman instead....

thirsty Hirsty! What a player he could have been if it wasn't for injuries and his love of the beer. Rumour has it Fergie tried to sign him 5 times for Man U and when he couldn't get him turned to a certain frenchman instead....

Seem to recall it was a head to head race between him and Shearer for the England No9 shirt for a while.

Seem to recall it was a head to head race between him and Shearer for the England No9 shirt for a while.

Yep, you are correct, funny how they both snubbed Man U, as did Gazza, i bet hirst and Gazza regret it, they could have been superb with Fergie watching over them.

Cannot stand that Mark Bright - that Sheff Wed player "only had a little cut on his toe, why did he go off?"

rrrr. Because it was likely to have been dislocated and was hanging off at a weird angle.

Did you not see the pain and anguish on his face man.

A pundit completely out of his depth.

Cannot stand that Mark Bright - that Sheff Wed player "only had a little cut on his toe, why did he go off?"

rrrr. Because it was likely to have been dislocated and was hanging off at a weird angle.

It's the million miles an hour verbal diarrhoea delivery that grates with me -wish he would just shut the f*ck up!!!!!!!!!!

It's the million miles an hour verbal diarrhoea delivery that grates with me -wish he would just shut the f*ck up!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I thought you were talking about Jamie Redknapp for a moment there.

Tis a good game apart from the commentary.

Yep, another one on the list of completely useless football television personalities.

Sorry I thought you were talking about Jamie Redknapp for a moment there.

Tis a good game apart from the commentary.

At least we haven't got to put with 'hysterical' John Motson as well -that would mean the mute button for me!!!!!

did you see that Wednesday fan trying to punch the Palace player, quite possibly the gayest punch ever, i was ****ing myself

Yes I saw that. A drunken idiot vs an athlete. The player would've had no trouble sorting him out.

Why are so many clubs so excited about coming to play us? :S

I can maybe just about understand Bournemouth singing it, but Sheffield Wednesday?!

Do you think it might just might be a joke?

Does anyone other than me remember Hirst taking the p*ss out of Allesandro Pistone at the Dell years ago. He was getting treatment for a nothing tackle and Hirst was immitating him putting on makeup and doing his hair. Pistone actually found it funny.

Yeah I did.....NOW that's fat! Was quite shocked.

Who ate all the pies.......

My boss mentioned this the other day and said it's quite shocking to see.

Shipps was always the chubstick but this is taking it too far:

010323563668900.jpg

The funny thing is, when you type his name in Google, the second suggested result is "Neil Shipperley fat" :lol:

010323563668900.jpg

I seem to recall his league debut,for Chelsea, at TheDell and he looked very athletic then.Although he was probably only 18 at the time.

That photo looks in the dangerously obese fat f^cker range than just 'chubby'.That is fat bastard in the Mickey Quinn proportions.

010323563668900.jpg

The funny thing is, when you type his name in Google, the second suggested result is "Neil Shipperley fat" :lol:

Neil Ruddock :confused::lol:

010323563668900.jpg

How can a former professional athlete NOT have the self control and self respect to avoid looking like that?

Christ!

Are people on here incapable of staying on a particular thread. What has Neil Shipperley

go to do with David Hirst.

I already know they both played for Saints,and are carrying a few extra pounds. Then I am sure some of you on here,will tell me I have answered my own question, If you do

you will totally be missing the point of my question.

Let me answer this...

It is my thread. When I started it I hoped for an enjoyable conversation prompted by Hirst's girth but not necessarily exclusively focussed on it. I am happy that other girths have also featured.