When the final whistle blows Saturday

Raven on the wing

Is anybody out there thinking like me that a massive weight will be lifted come 90 mins on Saturday. That 10 point penalty seems to have been dragged around like a big metal ball manacled to our ankles since about June of last year. We will have served our time and start next season on a wave of optimism on 0 points. The only way is Up !

Is anybody out there thinking like me that a massive weight will be lifted come 90 mins on Saturday. That 10 point penalty seems to have been dragged around like a big metal ball manacled to our ankles since about June of last year. We will have served our time and start next season on a wave of optimism on 0 points. The only way is Up !

Not really. My mind will then switch to the World Cup during June & July and back to the Saints for August and the new season. :o

no as the -10 has been replaced by massive expectation

Expectation fuelled by constant going on by various members of the management and team about "top 2 finish" "playoffs are the absolute minimum", "we're not out of it yet" and so on and so forth.If they didn't want to build up expectation then they should have toned it down a bit.

Expectation fuelled by constant going on by various members of the management and team about "top 2 finish" "playoffs are the absolute minimum", "we're not out of it yet" and so on and so forth.If they didn't want to build up expectation then they should have toned it down a bit.

and be slated for a "lack of ambition".

and be slated for a "lack of ambition".

It's a 5 year plan (apparently) and we won the JPT and made the 5th round of the cup. Most would accept that as being completely adequate if no-one had banged on about higher things.Everything is clouded by continual statements about reaching the play-offs, they would have been a bonus but nothing more if the club management hadn't started on about them, virtually from the outset.

Ill be pretty narked if they dont, be nice to have another celebration!

Me too - I never got to see the trophy close up at Wembley, despite being in row 10, due to all the muppets waving flags whilst the trophy was paraded round. All my attempted photos of the fairly massive cup ended up being of various large flags in front of me.

It's a 5 year plan (apparently) and we won the JPT and made the 5th round of the cup. Most would accept that as being completely adequate if no-one had banged on about higher things.Everything is clouded by continual statements about reaching the play-offs, they would have been a bonus but nothing more if the club management hadn't started on about them, virtually from the outset.

Whilst I see the point you are trying to make, I don't agree. It all fits in with the winning mentality we are aiming for at the club.

I think it has been refreshing hearing Saints management aiming high for once rather than being cautious with their targets in order to cover their own backs.

I suspect if Pardew hadn't "banged on" about reaching the play-offs, the players would not have put in the mighty late effort they did in order to try and get there, and the season would have petered out about 2 months ago. Of course, we will never know for certain but that's my take on it.

I love the build up to the new season, I love the speculation and the excitement of new players coming in, I love the hope of new players that improve an already great squad, however the one thing I love most of all is looking at other peoples forums and seeing what they are saying about the MIGHTY Saints.

Oh and before I forget, I love the thought of us being at the top of the league looking down on everyone else.

I thought we deserved the ten point deduction so just accepted it. To be honest I'd have taken minus 20 because administration turned out to be the best thing that happened to us - we didn't just get any old owner, we got the best owner. We got lucky and I feel sorry for any club in administration at the moment - I don't think anyone will be as lucky as us in the third flight again.

That said I can't wait for the new season to start and it's been a while since I could say that.

I'm hoping we just fast forward to August. Several months of speculation about the manager and our best players leaving, while being linked with all sorts of crap journey men by the press won't be much fun. Next season should hopefully be a blast I can't wait. At least the world cup will give my a football fix to take my mind off things until our league winning season starts.

Will be a good atmosphere on Saturday, gutted I can't make it. I'm already looking forward to the summer, the first summer since Burley blew his transfer budget on players that we will be so full of expectation.

I'm already buzzing about kicking off next season - if I could hibernate until August, I would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeyOnNple4M

I will be standing and cheering/clapping after a brilliant season after several years of tripe!

This.

And I am really looking forward to the close season and all that that brings to the club. Not felt as excited about a close season and new season PRIOR to the old one finishing for....well, years and years.