Don't go on the pitch please.

markr27

The repeated announcements were pretty silly to be honest, and unneccessary IMO.

We only needed to be told once, not three times in five minutes!

They also forgot to advise the North Car Park was open...

The repeated announcements were pretty silly to be honest, and unneccessary IMO.

well, clearly 3 times was not enough given the numpties that didnt listen :rolleyes:

I think most people thought that it was a bit much and in some way ruined the atmosphere, however in a strange way it woke the crowd up and the team started looking like it might win the game!

And yes, I hope the complete morons who ran on got some satisfaction. Juvenile delinquents the lot of 'em!

It was more the timing of them that was silly!

You're always going to to get one or two incursions to use the term, part of the norm and entertainment watching them go arse over tit, and then receive a big daddy splash from the steward for their trouble.`

I think most people thought that it was a bit much and in some way ruined the atmosphere, however in a strange way it woke the crowd up and the team started looking like it might win the game!

And yes, I hope the complete morons who ran on got some satisfaction. Juvenile delinquents the lot of 'em!

Apart from the middle-aged man who took his little son on the pitch from the Kingsland. Old enough to know better! Knobs, the lot of them!!

It seemed that they wanted fans to go on the pitch, so that they could identify "troublemakers" and get them banned. They needed to make the announcement three times so that enough fans would get angry enough to go on the pitch.

Also, if they wanted fans to stay off the pitch, why were there so few stewards? The gaps were huge, and when the stewards ran on to rugby-tackle the pitch invaders, the gaps became even bigger.

They only tell you if it is closed after a match don`t they??. Other than that it is usually open

The announcements were not needed at all, like last season v burnley. All they do (and the increased police presence) is serve to remind the idiot fans that it is the last day and they could be hilarious and cool by running onto the pitch.

It was the strange wording of the message that struck me' date=' even think it said the players would be evacuated from the pitch if any fans got on it during the lap.[/quote']

They only needed to be said once, if that. Although the players and their tiny children would have to be evacuated with a herd of moroons charging at them.

Knob! So you don`t cheer finishing 7th after a -10 start? No pre-season for a new manager? A season that we could only dream about this time last year? A day at Wembley with a win? I give up!!

alright then c*nty chops i dont cheer 5th place and a mickey mouse trophy. The JPT cost us promotion, seems a big price to pay.

alright then c*nty chops i dont cheer 5th place and a mickey mouse trophy. The JPT cost us promotion, seems a big price to pay.

How do you justify this statement? What for you, given our position 12 months ago would be, realistically, a season worth celebrating?? Oh, and alledgedly we had 51,000 at Wemley for "a mickey mouse trophy", but I suppose that was below you.

Absolute idiots. The guy dressed as Elvis at Gillingham got on too and seems to be proud of it - announcing it on his own Facebook group.

Oh god - think Elvis may have just commented on my you tube vid of the 'pitch invasion'. Is he someone on here??

Oh, for Christ sake. It takes something for a middle-aged woman to get upset about all the po-faced people posting here, but pleeeese. I accept the players aren't going to parade with their little kiddies with people on the pitch (and the piccie I saw with a player and toddler was just great), but any of you who thing that there is tremendous harm on going on a pitch after the last game of the season really need to get a grip. I presume you're the sort of people who can be sacked by a company without a murmur of complaint just because you were told off.

Look, we're not advocating a riot and burning down banks, but a bit of good-humoured exuberance is surely something to be welcomed. It's all part of being a fan and enjoying the experience..

"You'll never stop the East Stand, you'll never stop the East Stand" :-)

I still think the announcer sounds like Jason Dodd.

but any of you who thing that there is tremendous harm on going on a pitch after the last game of the season really need to get a grip.

-1. You weren't there. I wanted to support the team and thank them. Mindless idiots ran on the pitch because we came 7th.

How do you justify this statement? What for you, given our position 12 months ago would be, realistically, a season worth celebrating?? Oh, and alledgedly we had 51,000 at Wemley for "a mickey mouse trophy", but I suppose that was below you.

after £3m of spending i would expect us to be in the playoffs regardless of points deductions. as leeds did when they were in an identical position. leeds even had three managers in that season without spending the amount we did. People are too rose tinted. We could have then been celebrating play off final win, now that is worth cheering.

-1. You weren't there. I wanted to support the team and thank them. Mindless idiots ran on the pitch because we came 7th.

Agree, potentially the tossers could have ruined things for everybody who wanted to show their appreciation to the team.

after £3m of spending i would expect us to be in the playoffs regardless of points deductions. as leeds did when they were in an identical position. leeds even had three managers in that season without spending the amount we did. People are too rose tinted. We could have then been celebrating play off final win, now that is worth cheering.

So for you it was the play-offs or nothing was it??

The FACT is that this time last year, we very nearly did not have a club. How is comparing that with what we have achieved this season being "too rose tinted"?

The FACT is that this time last year, we very nearly did not have a club. How is comparing that with what we have achieved this season being "too rose tinted"?

Unfortunately we have an unintelligent element of the fan base who can only cope with idealistic short-termism.

Unfortunately we have an unintelligent element of the fan base who can only cope with idealistic short-termism.

leeds did it from exactly the same position, they set a precedent that we couldnt folllow. But i suppose they did have a better manager.