Injury update

VectisSaint

The injury update on the OS curiously does not mention Thomas, Pulis or Gasmi. Pulis doesn't even seem to have been given a squad number yet, and Gasmi does not even seem to have made it into the squad. Do these last 2 players actually exist?

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10689

Not sure if Gasmi has actually joined up with Saints yet. I have also heard (though not from the horses mouth but from someone who lives near someone who knows Thomas) that Thomas isn't really injured.

Not sure if Gasmi has actually joined up with Saints yet. I have also heard (though not from the horses mouth but from someone who lives near someone who knows Thomas) that Thomas isn't really injured.

Another one in the "appearance fees too high" camp perhaps?

Another one in the "appearance fees too high" camp perhaps?

It certainly seems like it to me. With Kevin Kyle stating that he thought he was loaned from Coventry due to the fact he would invoke a clause in his contract which meant more payments once he reached 50 appearences. It would seem it may well be similar with Thomas.

Aren't they both recovering (and being paid by) their old clubs and only coming to us when they're fit?

If that was the case why would Pulis appear (without number) on our squad list?

As for Gasmi, it was 5 weeks ago he signed (deadline day deal) and was said to be recuperating from his broken foot, would have thought he was close to recovery now, his non-appearance in the squad list, and lack of mention in the injury stakes is strange to say the least.

The case of Thomas is also odd, trying to deny he exists while also trying to move him on, would seem better to keep him in the shop window in the hope of attracting interest from elsewhere.

If that was the case why would Pulis appear (without number) on our squad list?

I think that's mostly to do with the availablity of a photo of him wearing a red and white striped shirt. Okay it's a Stoke shirt rather than Saints but if you're just givingf it a cursory glance.

As for Gasmi, it was 5 weeks ago he signed (deadline day deal) and was said to be recuperating from his broken foot, would have thought he was close to recovery now, his non-appearance in the squad list, and lack of mention in the injury stakes is strange to say the least.

Since Strasbourg play in blue I don't think a photo of Gasmi wearing his old club strip would go down very well - hence possibly his absense from the squad page.

I imagine the injury news was constructed by giving the physio a ring and asking for an update, he isn't treating Pulis or Gasmi so no update on them

The case of Thomas is also odd, trying to deny he exists while also trying to move him on, would seem better to keep him in the shop window in the hope of attracting interest from elsewhere.

Aye the Thomas case is the odd one that deserves being mentioned.

I think that's mostly to do with the availablity of a photo of him wearing a red and white striped shirt. Okay it's a Stoke shirt rather than Saints but if you're just givingf it a cursory glance.

The point is not whether he is wearing a Saints shirt. He was signed on a free transfer in August, but has not even been assigned a squad number!!!

Since Strasbourg play in blue I don't think a photo of Gasmi wearing his old club strip would go down very well - hence possibly his absense from the squad page.

Nice idea, sadly the picture of Ryan Smith added today blows your theory out of the window :)

I imagine the injury news was constructed by giving the physio a ring and asking for an update, he isn't treating Pulis or Gasmi so no update on them

Aye the Thomas case is the odd one that deserves being mentioned.

Still strikes me that there is something odd about the Pulis and Gasmi signings, they don't seem to exist as far as the Club is concerned.

Still strikes me that there is something odd about the Pulis and Gasmi signings, they don't seem to exist as far as the Club is concerned.

Didn't people become non-persons in the old Soviet Union? Perhaps SMS is the new Kremlin? It is only a thought.:confused:

I simply dont get why Lowe can be straight about Thomas and Skacel. There is enough circumstantial evidence floating around - it seems that his arrogance and tendency to insult our intelligence dies hard...

Or possibly they are a "last resort" when all else has completely failed or an injury crisis becomes so bad then they can be added to the squad and play after we ask Barclays nicely for the extra 50 quid to cover it. In this case non-statements don't make anyone look stupid in print later

Just lets us speculate that they are stupid in print on here

I simply dont get why Lowe can be straight about Thomas and Skacel. There is enough circumstantial evidence floating around - it seems that his arrogance and tendency to insult our intelligence dies hard...
The above doesn't actually make sense, but never mind. Just wish people who want to insult Lowe would try to find a words that are actually relevant to the issue - "arrogance" doesn't always fit, although neither does it make sense to blame Lowe for everything that is debated on here.

As well as omitting Gasmi and Thomas, the injury list on the OS also doesn't mention Svennson, Schneiderlin or Holmes. Is that also Lowe's arrogant scheming or just a failure of editorial control? Ryan Smith is on the OS already, but information on injuries seems to be an area that doesn't get enough attention. The OS has got better since James Morley took over but there are still things that need improving, injury updates and player profiles to name two.

PS. Next time I have bad cup of tea in the SMS I must remember its Lowe who arrogantly refuses to allow them to make a better cuppa.

The above doesn't actually make sense, but never mind. Just wish people who want to insult Lowe would try to find a words that are actually relevant to the issue - "arrogance" doesn't always fit, although neither does it make sense to blame Lowe for everything that is debated on here.

As well as omitting Gasmi and Thomas, the injury list on the OS also doesn't mention Svennson, Schneiderlin or Holmes. Is that also Lowe's arrogant scheming or just a failure of editorial control? Ryan Smith is on the OS already, but information on injuries seems to be an area that doesn't get enough attention. The OS has got better since James Morley took over but there are still things that need improving, injury updates and player profiles to name two.

PS. Next time I have bad cup of tea in the SMS I must remember its Lowe who arrogantly refuses to allow them to make a better cuppa.

Talk about not seeing the wood for the trees.......

Who gives a flying f**k about this OS report ? I hadnt even read it. I am talking about the circumstantial evidence that Thomas is fit, and the more-than-circumstantial evidence (because he's sitting on the bench) that Skacel is fit, but despite a huge injury list, they are not being played.

Have you forgotten that Thomas can play RB ?

Seriously, your brown nosing of Lowe is ridiculous.

and maybe, Alpine they're not playing because they're not good enough?

Skacel has been absolute crap for Saints and is not interested. Thomas is very poor and injury prone - was he not played last season because Saints could not afford his appearance money?

So what if Thomas can play RB (badly) - we have a young lad there who is growing into the role quite nicely and another promising one behind him (Hatch).

Talk about not seeing the wood for the trees.......

Who gives a flying f**k about this OS report ? I hadnt even read it. I am talking about the circumstantial evidence that Thomas is fit, and the more-than-circumstantial evidence (because he's sitting on the bench) that Skacel is fit, but despite a huge injury list, they are not being played.

Have you forgotten that Thomas can play RB ?

Seriously, your brown nosing of Lowe is ridiculous.

Yes Thomas can play RB but not very well as we are building a team for the future there is no point in playing people who will not be here next season

Also why Blame Lowe for everything he is the PLC Chairman other people are running SFC on a daily basis

Edited by John B

Yes Thomas can play RB but not very well as we are building a team for the future there is no point in playing people who will not be here next season

Also why Blame Lowe for everything he is the PLC Chairman other people are running SFC on a daily basis

Because he is deciding who can and cannot play, and who stays and who goes, based on wages and transfer value.

Would have thought that was stating the bleedin obvious...:rolleyes:

Because he is deciding who can and cannot play, and who stays and who goes, based on wages and transfer value.

Would have thought that was stating the bleedin obvious...:rolleyes:

That may well be true but he is not running the club on a day to day basis.

Most of your complaints are biased and biggoted against the club as you do not accept the direction in which it is moving although you do not seem to have a viable alternative.

As far as I understand the plan is to reduce debt and move forward with a young and technically gifted team mixed with a few well motivated old pros like Perry Davis John Svensson when fit and Wotton.

There is no place in my opinion for players like Thomas and Skacel and they will only be used in emergencies.

The Squad is doing OK at the moment and hopefully will improve I would have thought that the plan rates 7 or 8 out of 10so far.

Would have been better if Rasiak Skacel and Saga had been sold

Edited by John B

That may well be true but he is not running the club on a day to day basis.

Most of your complaints are biased and biggoted against the club as you do not accept the direction in which it is moving although you do not seem to have a viable alternative.

As far as I understand the plan is to reduce debt and move forward with a young and technically gifted team mixed with a few well motivated old pros like Perry Davis John Svensson when fit and Wotton.

There is no place in my opinion for players like Thomas and Skacel and they will only be used in emergencies.

The Squad is doing OK at the moment and hopefully will improve I would have thought that the plan rates 7 or 8 out of ten so far.

Would have ben better if Rasiak Skacel and Saga had been sold

I rate the "plan" as 3 or 4.

You may be feeling smug or vindicated off the back of beating two fellow relegation contenders, but there are a lot of games against top 10 teams to come, and this squad is threadbare due to injury. Saying we dont need the likes of Rasiak, Saga, Skacel and Thomas rather than expecting the manager to man-manage and get performance out of those unquestionably capable players is short-sighted and arrogant.

And, once more, seeing as you ignored it. By your own standards JP should not be playing Davis or Lallana, because they wont be here next season...

I rate the "plan" as 3 or 4.

You may be feeling smug or vindicated off the back of beating two fellow relegation contenders, but there are a lot of games against top 10 teams to come, and this squad is threadbare due to injury. Saying we dont need the likes of Rasiak, Saga, Skacel and Thomas rather than expecting the manager to man-manage and get performance out of those unquestionably capable players is short-sighted and arrogant.

And, once more, seeing as you ignored it. By your own standards JP should not be playing Davis or Lallana, because they wont be here next season...

Well at least 3 out of 4 is better than I thought you would say.

So your plan would be to play Rasiak Thomas Skacel etc which may lead to more points although that is questionable.

Leading to a worse financial situation and when they leave replace them with whom?

At least at the moment McGoldrick Robertson White Patterson James Gillet have the chance to develop and we will not have to recruit old has beens from other clubs.

Surely that is a reasonable approach

So you reckon JP should drop Lallana, Davis and Schneiderlin then ?

Also, why play Peckhart, Cork or Smith then ?

I would not play Pekart

Cork and Smith have been brought in the cover injuries

When Holmes is fit I would suggest that Smith would be redundant.

In general I agree we should only play loan players when there are significant injuries.

Playing Davis Scnheiderlin Lallana should only increase their value when or if they are sold.

Edited by John B

Alpine - you're also missing the point that our youngsters also have resale value........which, sadly, is important based on the financial situation we are in and the fact the fans are not turning up in enough numbers to make us financially viable.

And if, for arguments sake, Lallana goes for 5 million we then have White and Gasmi who can play the same role. Hopefully the side will stay together but you can never tell.

Compare that to the pile of crap we had playing week in week out last season.......

Saga

Rasiak

Euell

Idiakez

Wright

etc

and there is no resale value in them at all - and they were on stupid wages. Already this season, this younger, hungrier side has performed far, far better than last seaosns crap....and with spirit

At least at the moment McGoldrick Robertson White Patterson James Gillet have the chance to develop and we will not have to recruit old has beens from other clubs.

And let's face it James in particular has plenty of room to develop. Whilst I accept he had little or no protection from DMG on Tuesday he has probably spent the rest of the week on the treatment table being unknotted.

And let's face it James in particular has plenty of room to develop. Whilst I accept he had little or no protection from DMG on Tuesday he has probably spent the rest of the week on the treatment table being unknotted.

It seems that James has taken over Wright/Davis's role of being the worst player in the team

I would not play Pekart

Cork and Smith have been brought in the cover injuries

When Holmes is fit I would suggest that Smith would be redundant.

In general I agree we should only play loan players when there are significant injuries.

Playing Davis Scnheiderlin Lallana should only increase their value when or if they are sold.

This is a hillarious example of "making-it-you-as-you-go-along"

Why cant Skacel and Thomas cover injuries ?

Does their value not improve if they are out on the pitch playing, proving what they've got, rather than sulking at home, in the stand or in the changing room ?

You said no-one who is not going to be here next year should be playing. You said it. If that were the case, we wouldnt be able to put a team out.

Please at least try to be consistent in your excuses for being a Luvvie...

Suggest you get your glasses prescription updated....

I wrote 3 OR 4, referring to your scale of 10.

There is no need to be rude over a simple typing mistake.

You dont seem to be a very reasonable or polite person to me .

Whats the point of annoying myself and lots of fellow posters.

As I said earlier is the current approach reasonable ?

There is no need to be rude over a simple typing mistake.

You dont seem to be a very reasonable or polite person to me .

Whats the point of annoying myself and lots of fellow posters.

As I said earlier is the current approach reasonable ?

Just remind me who wrote this :

"Most of your complaints are biased and biggoted against the club as you do not accept the direction in which it is moving although you do not seem to have a viable alternative."

You expect me to be reasonable and polite after you call me a bigot for expressing my opinion ?

This is a hillarious example of "making-it-you-as-you-go-along"

Why cant Skacel and Thomas cover injuries ?

Does their value not improve if they are out on the pitch playing, proving what they've got, rather than sulking at home, in the stand or in the changing room ?

You said no-one who is not going to be here next year should be playing. You said it. If that were the case, we wouldnt be able to put a team out.

Please at least try to be consistent in your excuses for being a Luvvie...

WellSkacel was on the Bench on Tuesday but I feel that Thomas may still be injured and even if he was not unlikely to be better than who we have available now.

Again you are being impolite with part of your posting but your posts are definitely biggotted.

It is impossible for anyone to be completely wrong in every decision thay make.

Yet everything Lowe is supposed to do is incorrect in your opinion surely that is biggoted

Edited by John B

WellSkacel was on the Bench on Tuesday but I feel that Thomas may still be injured and even if he was not unlikely to be better than who we have available now.

Again you are being impolite with part of your posting

Thomas not better than James ? Rubbish.

People in glass houses...

As well as omitting Gasmi and Thomas, the injury list on the OS also doesn't mention Svennson, Schneiderlin or Holmes.

Yes it does, I suggest you read it again...

Svensson in full training and aiming to be available for selection this weekend

Spiderman felt discomfort in his hamstring...

Holmes is on the long-term injury list blah blah blah

but I feel that Thomas may still be injured and even if he was not unlikely to be better than who we have available now.

Ah, at last, back to the point, it would be helpful if the OS told us about his injury status. If he is injured still then tell us, if he is recovered then why not say so. To just leave him out of the report is bloody daft. As is the idea of continuing to pay players without actually even attempting to make use of them, if indeed that is happening. Thomas may well not be highly thought of, but we will not get shot of him if he is not used in some form, and we cannot use him in an emergency if he is not fit/match fit - if he is not injured then at least play him in the reserves, then perhaps we could loan him out if we could find a willing taker.

Ah, at last, back to the point, it would be helpful if the OS told us about his injury status. If he is injured still then tell us, if he is recovered then why not say so. To just leave him out of the report is bloody daft. As is the idea of continuing to pay players without actually even attempting to make use of them, if indeed that is happening. Thomas may well not be highly thought of, but we will not get shot of him if he is not used in some form, and we cannot use him in an emergency if he is not fit/match fit - if he is not injured then at least play him in the reserves, then perhaps we could loan him out if we could find a willing taker.

Yep. Lowe has no-one but himself to blame for accusations (false or not) being made. The club was quick enough to clarifiy the Andrew Davies situation when it suited them.

What is happening with Pulis? Not mentioned on OS on injury updates.I know a lot of people weren't happy we signed him but as we have and are paying his salary we want him fit asap to see if he can do a job for us!Any updates on his fitness?

There was an update on all this..and more.. on the OS today.

What has happened to Schniederlin? Is he injured? Or sold? Or have we used up his appearances on loan already? Or what?

I know the OS is usually a wast of space, but a quick check there will find that your question is answered, of course you would have known to look under "Gasmi almost ready" article :)

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10717

Still no mention of Thomas, has he left?

Gasmi still has no squad profile and therefore number

Pulis still has no squad number

Anyone else got good vibes about Gasmi and Scheiderlin playing in midfield together? Could be the key that unlocks the stuttering door that has been the start of our season....

Unfortunately, whilst I admire your optimism and spirit, if we don't sort the full-back problems, it won't matter one jot what the Orgasmatron and Spiderman do...... (Woody Allen reference there for anybody old enough to remember 'Sleepers' :-) )

I know the OS is usually a wast of space, but a quick check there will find that your question is answered, of course you would have known to look under "Gasmi almost ready" article :)

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10717

Still no mention of Thomas, has he left?

Gasmi still has no squad profile and therefore number

Pulis still has no squad number

Actually a squad profile for Gasmi has been prepared and he has been allocated a squad number (16) - it's just that since he's not been added to the squad list, you can't access it! Here it is.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/team/?page_id=6587&player_id=186

Actually a squad profile for Gasmi has been prepared and he has been allocated a squad number (16) - it's just that since he's not been added to the squad list, you can't access it! Here it is.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/team/?page_id=6587&player_id=186

Is this the player that Benthelegend used to talk about? He does look so dominant so im guessing it could be?

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/team/?page_id=6587&player_id=1

and maybe, Alpine they're not playing because they're not good enough?

Skacel has been absolute crap for Saints and is not interested. Thomas is very poor and injury prone - was he not played last season because Saints could not afford his appearance money?

So what if Thomas can play RB (badly) - we have a young lad there who is growing into the role quite nicely and another promising one behind him (Hatch).

thomas was awesome against b'ham in the cup, playing as CB and was captain. MOTM for me that night

thomas was awesome against b'ham in the cup, playing as CB and was captain. MOTM for me that night

I thought he was one of the worst players on the pitch that night. Looked like a 'Dad' playing with his boys. His first touch was abysmal. Second wasn't much better.