Gasmi to come to club this week

OldNick

Why on Earth hasn't he been recuperating here in the weeks (months?) since we signed him to get familiar with the team, management and facilities? OK, no doubt 'his' medical team are/were based in France but could he not have been transferred to an equally capable medical team here?

You can see the next OS article on him now..."Gasmi fit but needs time to acclimatise"

I know....a bit of a whinge but there's nowt else to talk about....

Why on Earth hasn't he been recuperating here in the weeks (months?) since we signed him to get familiar with the team, management and facilities? OK, no doubt 'his' medical team are/were based in France but could he not have been transferred to an equally capable medical team here?

You can see the next OS article on him now..."Gasmi fit but needs time to acclimatise"

Some people prefer to stick with the docs they know. Question of sick pay I expect, it's different in France.

Gasmi is a "meneur de jeu", a playmaker if you like, I haven't a clue where he'll fit into our side, who's the playmaker now?

Because Strasborg payed his wages until such point as he was fit enough to come to us

Allegedly

HTH

Window Cleaner

Full Member Join Date: Aug 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by toofarnorth

I hope he can play right back

Doubt it

Ah ha so he's a shoe in at Right Back then

After all nobody else in the side can play there....

allegedly

Apart from the lack of two experienced quick-thinking/moving fullbacks and a big ugly centre half.:(

Some people prefer to stick with the docs they know. Question of sick pay I expect, it's different in France.

Gasmi is a "meneur de jeu", a playmaker if you like, I haven't a clue where he'll fit into our side, who's the playmaker now?

I suppose the player we've got most like that is Lallana. I assume he'll be moved out to RM with Gasmi in AM?

He might have felt more comfortable (and therefore recovered quicker) by being back in France. So... it's swings and roundabouts. I think we're splitting hairs if we think it's an important matter while there's so much else at the club which needs sorting out.

Let's hope he gets back to match fitness and makes a contribution soon.

Gasmi will be arriving at the club this week. It is not a new signing but he was injured, I assume with this news is that he has now recovered and so join.

Wh is going to break it to him that we no longer get circa 30000 ........... as he thinks we do ...... ie it is OLD news

Mobile of course, your average self respecting U25 would never be indoors long enough to answer the house phone.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Where does he stand when he makes these conversations? Does he mind you listening in or does he ring you after to confirm his conversations? Do you have a list of all his phone contacts?

Because Strasborg payed his wages until such point as he was fit enough to come to us

Allegedly

HTH

Is there actually any basis for this rumour. I've seen it said on here a couple of times, and also about Pulis, just wondering where this sort of thing originated, cos I'm sure it wasn't from the OS. Would be very unusual for a club to pay for a player that they have sold, if a new team wants someone they usually have to stump up the money thats required, selling clubs are not usually known for their charitable status.

Is there actually any basis for this rumour. I've seen it said on here a couple of times, and also about Pulis, just wondering where this sort of thing originated, cos I'm sure it wasn't from the OS. Would be very unusual for a club to pay for a player that they have sold, if a new team wants someone they usually have to stump up the money thats required, selling clubs are not usually known for their charitable status.

Gasmi is on loan. It said somewhere on a RCS forum that the loan would become effective when his foot was healed.

I think its probably because he wouldnt pass the fitness test in the condition he was in. so the selling club aggreed to sell him but would retain the player until the injury has been cleared up. that way we are buying a fit player and we dont have to fork out the cost to clear the injury.

Same if you were to buy a car that had something damaged on it. you sell the selling garage that you will have it as long as they sort out the damage 1st. If both parties are happy then there is no problem. the legal stuff is done before the window shuts and the final signatures are added when all parties are happy.

Plenty of players sign pre-contracts so I see this as nothing more than a version of that.

Gasmi is on loan. It said somewhere on a RCS forum that the loan would become effective when his foot was healed.

OK, forgot he was on loan, not purchase (though I think its a loan with option to buy).

But anyway, you sort of answered my point that there is no basis for this rumour, only that it was somewhere on a forum. Believe it or not, forums are not official, nor are they often accurate (witness this one). My opinion is that this is an unsubstantiated rumour, nothing more, made up in the absence of any facts in an attempt to justify that this guy has been with the Club for over 5 weeks now and has not even been seen at SMS, and does not even appear to be in the squad (no picture, no number). It really does make you wonder whether we have signed him or not, after all there was no need to complete a loan on transfer deadline day.

Gasmi coming in will be good for us.

Not only will it provide more competition for places, but it will be good to have a new face around the place.

It will be interesting to see where Jan puts him too, as Lallana is looking pretty untouchable at the minute.

Yes there was, it was mentioned on the OS and in articles in the Echo at the time

I don't think he meant we don't have one. At least that's not what I got from it. I took it to mean Lallana has been so good, and it's so obvious he's the only playmaker, that it was strange to ask.

I find that strange actually. I have never thought of Lallana as a playmaker,

more a deep striker. I don't profess any great knowledge of the guy but from the little I've seen I wouldn't call him a playmaker.Nowhere near hard enough, not one yellow card to date..Safri was last season's playmaker, compare his game to Lallana's.I feel that if we're basing our whole system on Lallana ...well I can see where we going wrong.

I find that strange actually. I have never thought of Lallana as a playmaker,

more a deep striker. I don't profess any great knowledge of the guy but from the little I've seen I wouldn't call him a playmaker.Nowhere near hard enough, not one yellow card to date..Safri was last season's playmaker, compare his game to Lallana's.I feel that if we're basing our whole system on Lallana ...well I can see where we going wrong.

I would say our playmaker is Morgan and lallana doesnt do that much to provide for anyone else.

He is the type of player that can turn a game upside down and decide the outcome but he cant do it on his own and needs people in the team that will give him the breaks.

Anyone else noticed how poor we play whe Morgan is injured? For me he is the key to our season and we either need another like him or wrap him in cotton wool.

I would say our playmaker is Morgan and lallana doesnt do that much to provide for anyone else.

He is the type of player that can turn a game upside down and decide the outcome but he cant do it on his own and needs people in the team that will give him the breaks.

Anyone else noticed how poor we play whe Morgan is injured? For me he is the key to our season and we either need another like him or wrap him in cotton wool.

I hope that Gasmi will get a chance soon enough, he's like Paul Scholes, a dynamo, always in motion,waving others into the position he wants them to be in,shouting (and bollocking) if it's not the way he sees it.

Watch some Zidane (or Fabregas). I don't say Gasmi will resemble either of them but they are typical playmakers.

OK, forgot he was on loan, not purchase (though I think its a loan with option to buy).

But anyway, you sort of answered my point that there is no basis for this rumour, only that it was somewhere on a forum. Believe it or not, forums are not official, nor are they often accurate (witness this one). My opinion is that this is an unsubstantiated rumour, nothing more, made up in the absence of any facts in an attempt to justify that this guy has been with the Club for over 5 weeks now and has not even been seen at SMS, and does not even appear to be in the squad (no picture, no number). It really does make you wonder whether we have signed him or not, after all there was no need to complete a loan on transfer deadline day.

The OP has been right on many occasions - I may not hold his viewpoint on RL or the way the club is run at times but I think you will find its not a rumour and he will be proved correct again.

I hope that Gasmi will get a chance soon enough, he's like Paul Scholes, a dynamo, always in motion,waving others into the position he wants them to be in,shouting (and bollocking) if it's not the way he sees it.

Watch some Zidane (or Fabregas). I don't say Gasmi will resemble either of them but they are typical playmakers.

I hope your right as without Morgan we lack ideas and instruction in the middle of the park. If Gasmi provides this then we should have more options.

if only he could be compared to Zidane lol