3 Points or 1 game in hand?

Nexstar

Very much squeaky-bum time.

Huddersfield will be in a great position after today, but our game in-hand is against a side that look increasingly likely to be relegated by the time we play them. However, it is away and the pressure will massively be on.

So, 3 points or a game in hand (with superior goal difference)?

Very much squeaky-bum time.

Huddersfield will be in a great position after today, but our game in-hand is against a side that look increasingly likely to be relegated by the time we play them. However, it is away and the pressure will massively be on.

So, 3 points or a game in hand (with superior goal difference)?

Having said that, Plymouth have taken the lead

Can't believe I've just seen someone on a Southampton Football Club forum say we didn't have the players to beat Rochdale. Bloody hell.

We had Dickson in midfield at the start.Whilst he may be an excellent left back he isn't a midfielder.Harding obviously was far from fit but as we had no-one else in midfield we started him anyway,lastly for me Richardson at RB is just a disaster waiting to happen with Chaplow in front of him in the diamond. I'm sure that Butterfield wasn't played because he wasn't fit thus unavailable.

Can't believe I've just seen someone on a Southampton Football Club forum say we didn't have the players to beat Rochdale. Bloody hell.

We did but Rochdale amazingly were more up for the game than our players. Poyet has it spot on - we have better players but Brighton have won the title because they play as a team. To be fair, we have been better recently in that regard the Rochdale debacle apart but the players have to knuckle down and get the 3 points tomorrow. Brighton are already up and have lots of players out of contract so if they are winning 50/50s tomorrow something's wrong.

Id have the points rather than the game in hand.I find this continual clinging to the game in hand as a magic pass flawed and tedious, every time we have played one of these games we have ballsed it up - Walsall (a),Charlto(a) and Rochdale. We can only hope for better v Plymouth, assuming of course that the gap is 3 pts or less at that stage.

We didn't have the players available to beat Rochdale, it's as simple as that.

And Barnard is no longer 'on the bus' for the remaining games either.

I'd prefer to have the points on table rather than game in hand. If we lose tomorrow then I think 4 wins would be needed from remaining 4 games. However a win tomorrow would be absolutely massive as not only would it mean we go back into 2nd place but also means Brighton will need to get positive result in all 3 remaining games including Huddersfield at home in order to get to 100 points mark. You have to expect Huddersfield to win both of their home games so if Brighton have something to play for against Huddersfield then it could turn out to be important factor.

Maybe I have misunderstood, but surely there is only 1 answer to this. A game in hand could be worth 3, 1 or 0 points depending upon the results. Why would anyone choose the game in hand over a guaranteed 3 points?

Basically would you rather be in our position or Huddersfield's? Bearing in mind we have a far superior goal difference, which can count as an extra point if we are equal.

OK., maybe i am on planet zog, but according to the BBC we actually have two games in hand over Huddersfield. So shouldn't this thread be "3 points or TWOgames in hand"?

In a vacuum, 2 games please. Since Huddersfield won again i just hate them a very very lot....

We did but Rochdale amazingly were more up for the game than our players. Poyet has it spot on - we have better players but Brighton have won the title because they play as a team. To be fair, we have been better recently in that regard the Rochdale debacle apart but the players have to knuckle down and get the 3 points tomorrow. Brighton are already up and have lots of players out of contract so if they are winning 50/50s tomorrow something's wrong.

Bang on the money!...

Basically would you rather be in our position or Huddersfield's? Bearing in mind we have a far superior goal difference, which can count as an extra point if we are equal.

I'd prefer to be in Brightons postion if I'm honest, which is the one I was expecting us to occupy at the end of this season......

We can afford 1 more f**k up in our remaining games. Udders can't afford any. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side, but personally if Saints were 3 points ahead of Udders, who had 2 games in hand against fairly easy looking opposition, I'd be bricking it.

I'd take our possition by a gnats nads.

The markets and commentators have Huddersfield as favourites in this two horse race. I would prefer the points in the bag, it would be typical Saints to smash Brighton today and loose to Plymouth.

If we match Huddersfield in the interim, we can smash Brighton and lose to Plymouth and still finish second...