Stern gone!

simo

Guest Hacienda
Can see why he's gone. We'll get the normal overreaction on here, as if we didn't know all along we were broke. He'd have gone earlier if someone had bid I imagine.

Still, he's not scored a league goal so it's hard to say things will get worse. We just need one of the strikers to start scoring. Pekhart would be my choice. Well, first choice would be to bring Saga back, but that's unlikely.

As for Bart, his loan move I hope is just for experience and will do him some good.

I'll remind you again that you said that our "young hungry strikers will score 20 goals each".

Clueless ****.

Personally I am gutted about this decision but if it means Saints survive and do not go into administration then so be it.

I have not seen either Pekhart or Robertson play but hopefully one of them will step up to the plate. After all I cannot see BWP or McGoldrick playing the lone striker role as they really do not seem to have the required abilities of work rate and ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play.

Guest Hacienda
And I'll ask you now to point out where I have ever claimed they'd score 20 goals. Some people claimed someone like DMG would, and all I've ever said about it is that no-one has any idea either way. IMO none of them will get near 20, but there are always surprises in football. Maybe we'll get 4 strikers scoring 5 or 6, or one scoring 10 and the rest chipping in with a few, maybe we won't score again all season.

Read again - John has not played well or scored this season in the league, so I do not believe our form will be worse without him. A fairly simple logic. We will in all liklihood continue to struggle, hopefully finishing above the relegation zone. One striker might come good and bang in a few, I don't know, neither do you. But I do know we have no money and just have to get on with it.

Fine, call me whatever, disagree, fine, but don't criticise an argument I never even made.

How convenient that you deny it now.

Shall I remind you again that when Saga and GR left you stated, quite clearly, that it didn't matter as "Our hungry young strikers would score 20 goals each".

It's how you justified those 2 leaving.

Typical that you want to worm out of it now as you defended it at the time.

Clueless muppet.

Made even more sickening by the OS follow-up article about BWP being ready to step into his shoes... :|

The man who is so good he has only made three starts this season.

This once great club has been brought to its knees by ostriches.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10787

As the man said on another thread earlier!

We are going down !

******* angry! another disastrous decision, people seem to forget that it was stern's goals that kept us up on the last day! who the hell are we going to rely on? You can't ship out three strikers (two of them proven at this level) raziak, stern and saganowski! and not expect to pay the price!

And yes I know we are skint as hell but surely this it is going to cost us more than wages in the bigger picture! I thought we got rid of raziak and saganowski to ensure we could keep John.

It beggars belief, nothing suprises me anymore, getting rid of davies our key defender for a million quid then buying a midfielder for the same price, selling our three best strikers to opposition the list goes on.........

I don't know how much more I can take

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This has made me so angry! The only striker in our club who can do what a striker should be able to do ie finish, hold the ball up, win headers and we go and chuck him out on loan! So if it is financial , we would rather pay the wages of 2 ****e players (BWP and Pekhart) who together surely add up to more than John on his own, rather than pay someone (John) who even though is on big wages might actually score a few goals. Absolute Horse ****e from Saints once again. I'm sick of it.

Can see why he's gone. We'll get the normal overreaction on here, as if we didn't know all along we were broke. He'd have gone earlier if someone had bid I imagine.

Still, he's not scored a league goal so it's hard to say things will get worse. We just need one of the strikers to start scoring. Pekhart would be my choice. Well, first choice would be to bring Saga back, but that's unlikely.

As for Bart, his loan move I hope is just for experience and will do him some good.

why the hell would he be first choice?, raziak would be first choice lazy git or not he knows where the goal is, I admire saganowskis workrate but it's not much use if you can't put the ball in the net

I cant help but think maybe this is more about us sticking to the formation jan has chosen then anything. The last game showed that by bringing in some experience and mixing it up we can play a different way. The fans called for John and Skacel and that is what happened, but i wonder if by getting rid of John is like Jan saying "look we are playing this way and now John has gone we have no other option but to stick with it". Obviously that is one giant assumption but i can see a bit of logic to that. Howeverif that is true then i think i better start reading up on Southend!

Such a surprise to see you take this angle on things. No not really.

It's not this decision in isolation that is further demoralising a fractured and punch-drunk fanbase but the collective decisions of the last few months. Yes, please do bang out the financial situation again but there are economies and false economies. If the net effect of these decisions is Div 1 then administration has to be a significant reality and that could spell the end of SFC as we know it. If we survive in the CCC then it will be proven to have been the right strategy, only time will tell but day by day the odds are being stacked against us.

I cant help but think maybe this is more about us sticking to the formation jan has chosen then anything. The last game showed that by bringing in some experience and mixing it up we can play a different way. The fans called for John and Skacel and that is what happened, but i wonder if by getting rid of John is like Jan saying "look we are playing this way and now John has gone we have no other option but to stick with it". Obviously that is one giant assumption but i can see a bit of logic to that. Howeverif that is true then i think i better start reading up on Southend!

Its more like Rupert telling Portaloo....

"Lets play Mc Goldrick up front,because SCW said with him as a striker and our reserve team behind him,we will walk this league".

"If that doesnt work,then lets get them into the eyedome".

It would be funny if it was happening to another team.

This has made me so angry! The only striker in our club who can do what a striker should be able to do ie finish, hold the ball up, win headers and we go and chuck him out on loan! So if it is financial , we would rather pay the wages of 2 ****e players (BWP and Pekhart) who together surely add up to more than John on his own, rather than pay someone (John) who even though is on big wages might actually score a few goals. Absolute Horse ****e from Saints once again. I'm sick of it.

I'm now sick of it too. I was a Lowe supporter but this one beggars belief - I am thoroughly sick of his meddling and yes I say it again I have supported him. This is just sh--e. We continue to ship in hundreds of of average teenagers and free transfer average park players on loan and pay for this folly by the most amazing crappy strategy of selling our most reliable goal scorer and contributor to the team. So Lowe really is running the team and Portaloo really is a puppet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If EVER there was a week where we proved we need the experienced players this was it and we make THE MOST BIZARRE decision I can possibly imagine.

This really is utter cr-p. I am disgusted.

I actually really do believe Lowe has completely lost it now. Do we actually have one player now who has scored more than 5 goals in a season in our whole squad ??????????????????????????????????????????? (In the first team !!!!!!!) We all know some have scored a few in the reserves!

Don't get me wrong I love the youngsters but for God's sake this is now a fantasy Lowe is living out - am I dreaming???????????????

The only logical conclusion from this is that the reduced crowds in recent weeks have really pushed us to the brink. Admin just around the corner?

If that's not the case, then the decision is absolutely unforgiveable.

If we now go and get yet another teenage midfielder on loan I will personally take up stamp collecting !!!!!!!

Rupert Lowe now owes it to his customers to set out his plan for the rest of the season. I am talking about business plan, staff and strategy. I want to know his plan for the next three years so as I can decide where to place my business and loyalties. My patience is stretched to the limit and am thinking of taking a look at Eastleigh !!!

What a feckin joke now you know we are in the sh1t when the one player who knows where the back is, on loan at a rival club what a feckin joke.

If Stern John was scoring lots of goals I would agree.

But he is not so I cannot really see what the problem is.

He was this season like the other strikers goalless in the League and that is our problem a lack of goals

He was this season like the other strikers goalless in the League and that is our problem a lack of goals

He is not scoring lots of goals because he's only started two or three games this season :rolleyes:

Guest Hacienda

Have you actually seen us play this season?

He is not scoring lots of goals because he's only started two or three games this season :rolleyes:

Exactly so what is the loss when he has played he has not been that good has he.

However if our finances were better I doubt whether he woulld be loaned out.

Edited by John B

the formation Jan has chosen?

Jan chooses nothing - DoF Lowe chooses everything. Time we all wised up.

So you would not have played him on our last game then?

Stern is miles better than what we have,but hey,whats that matter.

Im sure Mc Goldrick will score 20 goals a game,because hes been so good up to now.

I can't stop laughing at that ridiculous comment - even SJ needs to be on the pitch to score goals !!!!!!!

I see it is now confirmed on the OS that the senior players have been kept out of the team so we don't have to pay them as much, and I thought this was just a vicious rumour put about by the anti Lowe brigade. They have been proved to be right and I have been a naive.

So you would not have played him on our last game then?

Stern is miles better than what we have,but hey,whats that matter.

Im sure Mc Goldrick will score 20 goals a game,because hes been so good up to now.

The problem as I see it is that SFC dont have any money and I give the benefit of the doubt to the people running the club as they know all the facts you and I dont.

It is very likely that appearance money being paid to John and Skacel does affect our finances.

The club however is building for the future and Stern John would have not been here next season as he does not suit the way we play at the moment.

I personnally think the System is not suited to English football and we dont have any decent wide players anyway I think SFC should play 4 4 2

But I just cannot see what else can be done except get into a better financial position which may cause us to be relegated.

Edited by John B

I can't stop laughing at that ridiculous comment - even SJ needs to be on the pitch to score goals !!!!!!!

I see it is now confirmed on the OS that the senior players have been kept out of the team so we don't have to pay them as much, and I thought this was just a vicious rumour put about by the anti Lowe brigade. They have been proved to be right and I have been a naive.

I agree but when he has played has he been that good.

The problem as I see it is that SFC dont have any money and I give the benefit of the doubt to the people running the club as they know all the facts you and I dont.

It is very likely that appearance money being paid to John and Skacel does affect our finances.

The club however is building for the future and Stern John would have not been here next season.

I just cannot see what else can be done except get into a better financial position which may cause us to be relegated.

What you say may well be the truth.

But if you get rid of our proven goalscorers and replace them with players who cant hit a barn door,then expect

1-A lower goal tally,

2-Lower crowds,

3-Lower income,

4-Lower league football.

and with it almost certain administration (allegedly) and minus 15 points or more. That's marvellous, just marvellous. Great strategy.

OK what is the other stategy? T

This stategy may not get us into administration but it may get us relegated.

Paying Stern John loads of money may get us relegated and send us into administration.

Edited by John B

The club however is building for the future and Stern John would have not been here next season as he does not suit the way we play at the moment.

I personnally think the System is not suited to English football and we dont have any decent wide players anyway I think SFC should play 4 4 2

But I just cannot see what else can be done except get into a better financial position which may cause us to be relegated.

Yet your uncle Lowey buys in.. Loans 9 players who are now costing far more wages than a striker, who, could if played and not messed around by your beloved Lowey, play and do the job we really need now.

You don't watch Saints and I am sure from what you say previously have never supported the side just Uncle Lowey.

OK what is the other stategy?

I agree it is likely that we will be relegated this season what can or could be done?

If we are to believe what we are being told about the financial situation then relegation is surely the last thing we need. Alongside selling all remaining assets (including the team) and the points deduction we would suffer even further penalties through reduced crowds and income. Survival this season is almost more important to the club than relegation was from the premiership.

Somehow we need to adopt a short term strategy to maintain our CCC status and that means keeping players that could make the difference between staying up and relegation. I'm sure even the banks would understand that policy as it gives their investment a better chance of remaining solvent.

Yet your uncle Lowey buys in.. Loans 9 players who are now costing far more wages than a striker, who, could if played and not messed around by your beloved Lowey, play and do the job we really need now.

You don't watch Saints and I am sure from what you say previously have never supported the side just Uncle Lowey.

I have watched and supported SFC for nearly fifty years.

I take exception to your ill judged and offensive comments.

I support SFC and feel the way that the club is being run is the only one that may work in the long run.

We don't need him - the team are scoring for fun these days.

Eh? What? They ain't scoring for fun?

Ohhh...... sounds like yet another step backwards then.

Decision not to renew STs looking better every day - I am beginning to not give a ****.

If we are to believe what we are being told about the financial situation then relegation is surely the last thing we need. Alongside selling all remaining assets (including the team) and the points deduction we would suffer even further penalties through reduced crowds and income. Survival this season is almost more important to the club than relegation was from the premiership.

Somehow we need to adopt a short term strategy to maintain our CCC status and that means keeping players that could make the difference between staying up and relegation. I'm sure even the banks would understand that policy as it gives their investment a better chance of remaining solvent.

Yes I totally agree but what?

I doubt if the banks would lend us any more money.

Just because we are not a very good team does not mean I wont support them any more

Just another nail in the "relegation coffin" can`t be many more

nails left to bang in now...

Just a matter of time till may and the "relegation curtains" open.

Poor, poor decision this, hidden behind the "financial constraints" excuse

yet we see fit to pay loan fees and sign a midfielder for 1m.

How many more kicks in the teeth do the saints fans have to take?

I suppose it guarantees that the blue eyed boy McGoldrick will have to play now and he will score

loads won`t he?...............err no!!!

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC