What are you listening to?

Julian H. Cope

• 2 weeks later...

Action Bronson - Bon Appetit....*****! - mixtape from new-ish Queens MC who really shone on the recent Wu Tang "Legendary Weapons" album. He is a big white fella who works as a chef in the real world...so his rhymes are full of food references and metaphors. He also sounds a bit like Ghostface and Kool G Rap, which is ace. His album proper is super too, called "Dr Lecter". Well worth checking out.

Ferrari Boyz - mindless rap fun from Wacka Flocka Flame and Gucci Mane, Lil Wayne involved as exec producer, some typically ri-donk-ulous beats from Lex Luger

Hudson Mohawke - Satin Panthers - more dubsteppy breaks from up and coming Glaswegian craftsman. Would love to hear someone rap over some of his beats.

Ghostpoet - Peanut Butter Blues & Melancholy Jam - trippy, dubstep enthused, almost Gil Scott Heron-y stuff, best listened to late at night

XFM, and it is so much better, and relaxing than watching the crap on the idiot box. I 100% prefer to listen to music than have the TV on, and if the TV is on and I am on my own, the music channels go on. Music all the way for me!!

Sorry went off on one there!

The specials - Ghost Town!!

• 2 weeks later...

Today's mission in the car. Get back from the gym before the guitar solo in Freebird finished. We failed.

The version I've got doesn't even conclude with a big rock ending. It just fades out.

Makes me wonder whether they're still playing the solo in some studio somewhere.

Has to be in the top 10 longest guitar solos.