What are you listening to?

Julian H. Cope

-

Lyrically that is beyond reproach.

Spent a happy hour on YouTube yesterday audio-surfing my way from BA Robertson (my Mum told me he co-wrote Mike and the Mechanics - The Living Years), through Siouxsie and the Banshees through Devo through The Speacials through The Bell Stars (no, really), through The Selecta, through Tears for Fears, through Bow Wow Wow, through The Nips, through the Nipple Erectors, through the Pogues, through to The Clash.

It always ends with The Clash.

Lyrically that is beyond reproach.

Spent a happy hour on YouTube yesterday audio-surfing my way from BA Robertson (my Mum told me he co-wrote Mike and the Mechanics - The Living Years), through Siouxsie and the Banshees through Devo through The Speacials through The Bell Stars (no, really), through The Selecta, through Tears for Fears, through Bow Wow Wow, through The Nips, through the Nipple Erectors, through the Pogues, through to The Clash.

It always ends with The Clash.

Bang Bang!.........I think that I've followed that same path too Saintbletch.

Bang Bang!.........I think that I've followed that same path too Saintbletch.

You got it harvey.

Lyrically very interesting that song.

I remember singing along to that as a much younger man and thinking how lyrically-sophisticated BA Robertson was "for a Scotch". Times change.

I also re-listened to "Kool in the Kaftan" and "Knocked it Off" but they weren't up to the mark so I went surfing as described above...

Grand Funk Railroad - 'Grand Funk'.

Can't stop playing 'Inside Looking Out'. What a tune.

Found a live version on YouTube that sounds as tight as the studio version.

I find it hard to believe that a 3 piece can sound like this. The bass playing is absolutely thunderous!

Got hold of my first new CD for about 15 years, (are people still using CD's).

Robbie Robertson's "How To Become Clairvoyant. The great man's first offering for 13 years.Got the head phones on, glass of wine in hand....Nice..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edTvD4XW8Po&feature=related

Is it any good? I have "Contact from the Underworld of Redboy" which is superb.