Global warming really is happening... (well, duh!)

1976_Child

1 MYTH Planet earth is currently undergoing global warming

3 MYTH Carbon Dioxide levels in our atmosphere at the moment are unprecedented (high).

FACT Atmospheric carbon dioxide levels, currently only 350 parts per million have been over 18 times higher in the past at a time when cars, factories and power stations did not exist — levels rise and fall without mankind's help.

4 MYTH Mankind is pumping out carbon dioxide at a prodigious rate.

FACT 96.5% of all carbon dioxide emissions are from natural sources, mankind is responsible for only 3.5%, with 0.6% coming from fuel to move vehicles, and about 1% from fuel to heat buildings. Yet vehicle fuel (petrol) is taxed at 300% while fuel to heat buildings is taxed at 5% even though buildings emit nearly twice as much carbon dioxide!

6 MYTH Reducing car use will cut carbon dioxide levels and save the planet

FACT The planet does not need saving, but taking this on anyway, removing every car from every road in every country overnight would NOT produce any change

8 MYTH The climate change levy, petrol duty, CO2 car tax and workplace parking charges are justifiable environmental taxes.

FACT As carbon dioxide emissions from cars and factories does not have any measurable impact on climate,

Certainly sounds like an unbiased report to me, definitely no agenda there.

Never did receive a reply...

Not actually true is it? Since you put your pm out here, you've helpfully made a precedent which enables me to do the same.

"What are you so shy about John? Surely you cant think your image as a hard nosed business man railing against public inefficiency and pointless regulation would be tarnished by disclosure of your history of public grant funding and dissolved companies? How much did C***ag walk away from?

Trouble is its all front. You're not unintelligent but for some reason you seem to get vicarious pleasure from shouting your mouth off and putting others down. Try and be a little more measured then you'd avoid people taking against you. Hypocrisy is never attractive.

ps You're 60. Its a little old to be dishing out the implied threats of violence."

**Company name deleted to protect the precious.

Edited by buctootim

Not actually true is it? Since you put your pm out here, you've helpfully made a precedent which enables me to do the same.

"What are you so shy about John? Surely you cant think your image as a hard nosed business man railing against public inefficiency and pointless regulation would be tarnished by disclosure of your history of public grant funding and dissolved companies? How much did C***ag walk away from?

Trouble is its all front. You're not unintelligent but for some reason you seem to get vicarious pleasure from shouting your mouth off and putting others down. Try and be a little more measured then you'd avoid people taking against you. Hypocrisy is never attractive.

ps You're 60. Its a little old to be dishing out the implied threats of violence."

Are two of the deleted letters the same?

If so it doesn't look pretty.

Never got that PM because I put you on ignore, but you obviously don't have a clue WTF you're googling.

These things happen when your venture capitalists and major shareholders decide to sue Merck for stealing an invention. Still, back on ignore, you sad stalker. You obviously don't have the guts to provide your personal details so that you can check the facts with me, before you post.....

delete personal references about me, including my company name, to avoid me reporting you to the mods. Failing that, let me know your mobile and address I will pop round and discuss the issue in person

You obviously don't have the guts to provide your personal details

check the facts before you post.

Irony, hypocrisy and general twa ttishness given your behaviour and posting of nonsense on this thread. Oh and another PM asking me to call him.

Edited by buctootim

That's all it is, a guess...you don't have a clue.

Lol, who is guessing?

I based my statement on the receivers' report. He appears to be basing his statements upon investigations and discussions with you.

As well as listing 3 individual cases, he highlights that you told him that you had spent 60% of you time over the preceding three years dealing with litigation.

I don't have the report in front of me any more but IIRC it also highlights that even prior to the litigation the Company was already in a weak position, having lost £1.9 million in the previous 3 years.

I see you have since formed a new company with the exact same name as the old one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol, who is guessing?

I based my statement on the receivers' report. He appears to be basing his statements upon investigations and discussions with you.

As well as listing 3 individual cases, he highlights that you told him that you had spent 60% of you time over the preceding three years dealing with litigation.

I don't have the report in front of me any more but IIRC it also highlights that even prior to the litigation the Company was already in a weak position, having lost £1.9 million in the previous 3 years.

I see you have since formed a new company with the exact same name as the old one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you allowed PM's I could show you what a total d!ck head you are and probably the most unprofessional person that has ever posted on this site. Really, you don't have a fu££ing clue and it confirms everything I have ever learnt about your profession. You are really the lowest of the low...

PM buctootim for the facts and come back and apologise you waste of a sperm...

Maybe we should get back on topic?

I realise we'll still have the pathetic insults and childish behaviour, but at least it'll be back on topic... lol.

P.S. GM - it can't be healthy to be so angry at people on an internet forum.

Minty, we've had our moments, but this has got personal. If enough people are interested, I'll spill the beans, regarding the rags to riches, to riches to rags, to rags to riches, story of a Southampton lad, from that Chinese quarter of Southampton, Sho Ling. It would be fun to make an asset stripper from Clapham look like the tool he is....

Who cares, there are only 30 people that read this, anyway....

Edited by Guided Missile
Drunk as a skunk....

Minty, we've had our moments, but this has got personal. If enough people are interested, I'll spill the beans, regarding the rags to riches, to rags to riches, story of a Southampton lad, from that Chinese quarter of Southampton, Sho Ling. It would be fun to make an asset stripper from Clapham look like the tool he is....

31 and rising. Its been flagged on TMS. :lol:

The most astonishing thing to me is that is seems that Guided Missile is NOT in fact a top scientist!

All his posts so far had seemed so well informed and backed up with hard data no-one else could find, I assumed he was working directly in the field of climate studies.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Minty, we've had our moments, but this has got personal. If enough people are interested, I'll spill the beans, regarding the rags to riches, to riches to rags, to rags to riches, story of a Southampton lad, from that Chinese quarter of Southampton, Sho Ling. It would be fun to make an asset stripper from Clapham look like the tool he is....

Let's get this party started....

tumblr_mxxblwnR3y1sjcxp4o1_500.jpg

Sorry to spoil your rapture Toke, but that perineal picture was not taken last night.

I spy with my little tineye, that the image was found on a site that is defintely not suitable for work, and has caused me to push my porridge to one side, on the 29th March last year.

I don't dispute that it IS Guided Missile's nether parts, just that he must have uploaded it to the special interest site in question during a similar night alone on a business trip last year.

We've all been there; alone in a hotel overseas, slightly the worse off for a few beers, free WiFi in the room, nothing on the TV, climate change means that it's raining outside, so nothing to do but to upload a picture of an arse.

#dontjudge

EDIT: Do NOT feel tempted to copy that image URL into the TinEye reverse image search utility. And if you do, do NOT follow the link to the source image. You have been warned.

So despite the Mail being desperate to suggest otherwise, it seems now there is some evidence to suggest that the recent stormy weather is linked to climate change...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26023166

Let's not make the same conclusions as the Mail. That article says 'may' in lots of places and 'According to Prof Francis, it is too soon to tell.'

Let's not make the same conclusions as the Mail. That article says 'may' in lots of places and 'According to Prof Francis, it is too soon to tell.'

You cant ever definitively tell if a specific weather event is caused by a long term climate change trend. All you can say is that the probability and consequently the frequency of these events has increased.

Edited by buctootim

What sort of conclusive proof are you waiting for that man is influencing the climate?

We could have every year hotter than the next for the next century and you could still say it's due to cosmic rays or just natural variations. How do you expect a definitive conclusion?

What sort of conclusive proof are you waiting for that man is influencing the climate?

We could have every year hotter than the next for the next century and you could still say it's due to cosmic rays or just natural variations. How do you expect a definitive conclusion?

A few storms and a couple of heatwaves prove nothing either way, we've been having those for centuries. We can only tell after several generations whether the weather has any definite trends. There are all sorts of natural cycles with durations of several decades. I have seen nothing in my lifetime to suggest that there are any significant changes so far.

A few storms and a couple of heatwaves prove nothing either way, we've been having those for centuries. We can only tell after several generations whether the weather has any definite trends. There are all sorts of natural cycles with durations of several decades. I have seen nothing in my lifetime to suggest that there are any significant changes so far.

I didn't mean weather patterns, just climate change in general - what sort of proof are you waiting for?

Yes I quite agree, which is why I didn't post "Yes, the storms definitely ARE caused by global warming" in the same way they claimed the opposite. It is a positive step forward from Prof. Collins of the Met stating that they had no evidence at all to link the phenomena, and completely undermines the conclusions the Mail drew from his comments.

Yes I quite agree, which is why I didn't post "Yes, the storms definitely ARE caused by global warming" in the same way they claimed the opposite. It is a positive step forward from Prof. Collins of the Met stating that they had no evidence at all to link the phenomena, and completely undermines the conclusions the Mail drew from his comments.

Quite so.

But the climate hasn't changed significantly, at least no more nor less than it has been doing for as long as we can tell.

Ummm. But it that is still a problem... ...as we have to live, en masse, in such a climate (One that has changed significantly, although no more so than before).

In the past, every time the earths climate has changed (no more than it is currently) this quickly; it has coincided with either a mass migration and/or mass extinction.

Just saying.

Ummm. But it that is still a problem... ...as we have to live, en masse, in such a climate (One that has changed significantly, although no more so than before).

In the past, every time the earths climate has changed (no more than it is currently) this quickly; it has coincided with either a mass migration and/or mass extinction.

Just saying.

Nothing could stop the Earths changes in climate before and nothing will stop it changing again......You can continue to **** countless billions up the wall trying to be 'King Canute' with the same result, 'Or' start learning to adapt to the inevitable.

Nothing could stop the Earths changes in climate before and nothing will stop it changing again......You can continue to **** countless billions up the wall trying to be 'King Canute' with the same result, 'Or' start learning to adapt to the inevitable.

Its alway odd when the deniers accept with no problem that a single volcano can cause major climate change but deny that 7 billion people driving 1 billion cars and cutting down millions of acres of rain forest will make any difference at all.

Nothing could stop the Earths changes in climate before and nothing will stop it changing again

Wrong. Try googling 'solar radiation management' and learn a little about the various geoengineering techniques which are potentially capable of lessening the impact of climate change (provided the world's governments can come to some kind of agreement about them, that is). It's a fascinating subject which completely undermines your statement.

You can continue to **** countless billions up the wall trying to be 'King Canute' with the same result, 'Or' start learning to adapt to the inevitable.

Well yes, a degree of adaptation will certainly be required, and many strategies for just this are already in place. Just ask the residents of places like Happisburgh in Norfolk, where communities are already under threat from coastal erosion due to sea-level rise. The concepts of climate mitigation and climate adaptation are not mutually exclusive you know.

If it is just natural variations why the sudden need to "adapt"?

Its alway odd when the deniers accept with no problem that a single volcano can cause major climate change but deny that 7 billion people driving 1 billion cars and cutting down millions of acres of rain forest will make any difference at all.

Volcano's, Billions of cars, 100's of thousands of Aircraft, Air conditioning, Heating. Methane bubbles, Power plants, Solar activity etc are all facts of life.....It is what it is.....If you feel that strongly, you should quit being a hypocrite and sell your car, quit flying and go live in a mud hut off the grid...

As I've said before. This planet is 100% reliant on the condition of the Sun. Everything else pales into insignificance.

One fart from our life source and it will all be irrelevant anyway.................and it's only a matter of time.

If it is just natural variations why the sudden need to "adapt"?

Nothing sudden about it...it's what nature does...adapts, it's been adapting ever since this planet has been in existence.

It's only you tree hugging alarmist's who are arrogant enough to think you don't need to....That you can some how change the inevitable, that's why I'm laughing at ya'll

Nothing sudden about it...it's what nature does...adapts, it's been adapting ever since this planet has been in existence.

It's only you tree hugging alarmist's who are arrogant enough to think you don't need to....That you can some how change the inevitable, that's why I'm laughing at ya'll

But if it's due to natural variations and we don't have a clue what's around the corner how can we possibly adapt?