Brazilian GP.

saint lard

Bloody Hell!

Top marks to ITV for spotting Glock being passed! Rain coming down just enough must have done for him... maybe he was being too cautious? Or couldn't go any quicker?

Feel awfully sorry for Massa, he must have been told he was champion... although it was satisfying to see the Ferrari garage celebrating when they didn't do as good a job as ITV of seeing Glock wasn't a back marker being passed.

Jeez, with Saints yesterday and this today...

Bloody Hell!

Well, there's drama.

F1 is boring right StL? ;)

Congrats to Lewis. Everyone needs a bit of luck lol...

Double lol at the Ferrari pit at the end..

Ooh, and a nice podium to finish our season.

That's a bit unnecessary Ponty.

That is far and away the best F1 race I've seen in years, but there there have been absolutely hundreds of snoozers. Note that on this occasion there was plenty of position swopping and FIA didn't get in the way. Hopefully, F1 will learn from this. You can't have processions and expect people to maintain their excitement, midway through a season.

I don't feel bad for Massa in the slightest. It happened to Hamilton last year in very similar circumstances [championship lost by a tiny margin], and he got on with it to come back this season. Congrats to Alonso for his 2nd spot.

P.S. Hopefully FIA won't penalise Hamilton for taking too long to get his steering wheel back on the car post-race. ;)

Wow!!

That was the most incredible end to the best F1 season I have ever seen. The World Championship being decided on the last corner. Timo Glock will never have to pay for a pint of lager again in his life.

Big lol at Ferrari celebrating, gutted for Massa though.

Shame about DC though. Would have been nice if he'd gone out on a high.

I actually feel a bit for Felipé there, he would have been just as deserving a champion. He was home and dry, only to be deprived by a slowing Toyota.

I admire his dignity on the podium, must be so hard for him.

+1

I'm not looking forward to the Britsh media (and also many on the continent) no making a half god out of him. He rode his luck today.

Wow!!

That was the most incredible end to the best F1 season I have ever seen. The World Championship being decided on the last corner.

Big lol at Ferrari celebrating, gutted for Massa though.

Shame about DC though. Would have been nice if he'd gone out on a high.

I thought it was the most disappointing part of the day tbh, although it was probably written in the stars.

That's a bit unnecessary Ponty.

That is far and away the best F1 race I've seen in years, but there there have been absolutely hundreds of snoozers. Note that on this occasion there was plenty of position swopping and FIA didn't get in the way. Hopefully, F1 will learn from this. You can't have processions and expect people to maintain their excitement, midway through a season.

I don't feel bad for Massa in the slightest. It happened to Hamilton last year in very similar circumstances [championship lost by a tiny margin], and he got on with it to come back this season. Congrats to Alonso for his 2nd spot.

P.S. Hopefully FIA won't penalise Hamilton for taking too long to get his steering wheel back on the car post-race. ;)

:D Not really mate, we've had match threads with fewer responses than this. I can't shake the feeling that the closeness was a little contrived over the back half of the season though, with odd penalties and the like, most significantly for LH of course. Still, my dispassion for McLaren doesn't take away any respect I have for Lewis' championship.

Yep, seems like a nice bloke.

Important quality in a loser, that.

Unlike, dare I say it, Fernando last year and this year.

My opinion on Felipe has skyrocketed today. He hasn't thrown his toys out of the pram, he has lost, but with better grace and manner then anyone could ever realistically be expected to show. He came out with a few comments on the run up, but he has been completely sporting. He will come back fighting from this. He will be a deserved world champion in the future.

Not bad effort, but that doesn't really show much appart from some Ferrari mechanics doing a chicken impression.

Hamilton fully deserved the title IMO. If it weren't for that farce at Spa, he'd have won it last week. Massa has been good this year, but Hamilton was a class above anyone on the field.

Looking forward to seeing more of Kubica and Vettel next season too.

Not bade effort, but that doesn't really show much appart from some Ferrari mechanics doing a chicken impression.

Hamilton fully deserved the title IMO. If it weren't for that farce at Spa, he'd have won it last week. Massa has been good this year, but Hamilton was a class above anyone on the field.

Looking forward to seeing more of Kubica and Vettel next season too.

That's just complete ******, even without the FIA intervening his lead was not very big. In the end he was the best but a class above anyone is just ridiculous.

34i1bnp.gif

I can't stop watching this and smiling. :D Does that make me a bad person?

I'm glad Lewis won the title just to stick it to the FIA who tried their hardest to make sure he didn't, and to shut the spanish racists up as well. I can't help but feel a little bit sorry for Massa though. Judging by the celebrations in the Ferrari pit, they must have told him over the radio that he had nailed it without realising that Lewis had passed Glock. He's a very affable guy and was exremely dignified on the podium and in the press conference.

That's just complete ******, even without the FIA intervening his lead was not very big. In the end he was the best but a class above anyone is just ridiculous.

I generally compare drive abilities by comparing them to their team mates.

When you look at the field, Hamilton, Kubica and Vettel all out classed their team-mates. Heikki isn't a slouch, but Hamilton just blew him away.

Look at the wet races, when the car performance goes out the window and the ability of the driver to keep it on the road and adapt to changing conditions is paramount. In Silverstone and Spa, Hamilton was far ahead of anyone.

I generally compare drive abilities by comparing them to their team mates.

When you look at the field, Hamilton, Kubica and Vettel all out classed their team-mates. Heikki isn't a slouch, but Hamilton just blew him away.

Look at the wet races, when the car performance goes out the window and the ability of the driver to keep it on the road and adapt to changing conditions is paramount. In Silverstone and Spa, Hamilton was far ahead of anyone.

If you're doing it by comparing to team mates then there's only one driver "a class above the rest" and it isn't Hamilton.

Heikki (no slouch in arguably the best car) managed to finish the championship 2 places behind him btw.

P.S. I now see the full clip of the Ferrari mechanics, I just saw a looped 0.5s clip of them shaking before. Classic! :D

P.P.S. Hamilton world Champion avatars now available (see above) PM if you want one. :D

P.P.P.S. A bit congratulations to BMW Sauber who have, I believe, gone the whole season without a technical failure.