Brazilian GP.

saint lard

P.S. I now see the full clip of the Ferrari mechanics, I just saw a looped 0.5s clip of them shaking before. Classic! :D

P.P.S. Hamilton world Champion avatars now available (see above) PM if you want one. :D

P.P.P.S. A bit congratulations to BMW Sauber who have, I believe, gone the whole season without a technical failure.

Not that I am an expert but isn't yours a Toyota?

That was nerve racking, i reminded me on being on the pit wall at Silerstone when my friend Seb Hohenthal won the British Formula Renualt championship a couple of years ago in the last race. Any number of things can go wrong but thankfully Lewis's car held up. Looking forward to next year with big fat rear slicks back on the cars again.

Because Toyota handed Lewis the WDC.

Timo was on the wrong tyres and was overtaken fair and square by Hamilton.

If he had pitted, same as the others, he'd have been behind Hamilton and Vettel anyway, so Hamilton would still have got the title.

Hamilton didn't win by luck. Ferrari got lucky with the rain, Vettel passed Hamilton, both of them passed Glock. All fair and above board, although I admit the sight of wheel to wheel racing, without penalties being handed out left right and centre, did come as a shock.

Kubica should be at least banned for life, if not shot, for unlapping himself and slowing Hamilton for Vettel to pass him.

Well done Lewis. He's done just enough this year to win the Championship and has riden his luck at times but all in all, definately deserved. I just can't wait for next season now. There will be 4 or 5 drivers battling for the title next year, it should be awesome. We'll have Hamilton, Raikonnen, Massa, Kubica and possibly Alonso (if Renault come up wth a good car over the break) all on fairly equal terms.

I wouldn't say that Hamilton was necessarily the best driver this season and he has showed at times that he is still a little raw but I think he will become one of the all time greats. There are some great drivers around at the moment and it's great to see.

I'd love to see a one off race series of say, 5 races, with all the drivers in identical cars. Who would win I wonder?

"I was on dry tyres at the end of the race when it was raining quite badly and it was just impossible on the last lap. I was fighting as hard as I could but it was so difficult to just keep the car on the track and I lost positions right at the end of the lap. Finishing in the top six is a decent result for me because I'd been struggling with the car earlier in the weekend but we were very close to fourth place so I am a bit disappointed. It's the end of my first season with Toyota and I'm happy with it as a whole. It was not easy for me early on but we improved the car a lot and I also improved myself during the year. Since Hockenheim it's been positive for me; beating my target of 20 points and finishing on the podium as well is a good achievement. Now we have to work even harder for next year to make another step forward."

Quote from Glock.

Kubica should be at least banned for life, if not shot, for unlapping himself and slowing Hamilton for Vettel to pass him.

I agree, as should Hamilton for the stupid unlapping move on Alonso in Fuji.

Seriously though, I think Kubica was just trying to finish the season on as positive a note as possible. Besides Lewis was lapping really slowly at the end, the Macca was not working on the wets at all.

Glad I didn't watch it as I don't think me heart would have managed.

Its just the same when I listen to Saints playing on the Radio. So shall catch the highlights instead knowing what will unfold! :eek:

You missed a treat, tense though it was it just made it all the better when after he had seemingly ****ed it up, he overtook Glock with mere yards remaining.

I was jumping around like a f**king loon!!!!! :D

Havn't felt delight like that since, well. Yesterday!

Anyone noticed how Alonso would be leading the WDC if the season was just the last 8 races? No? Didn't think so today... lol

And all credit for Renault at turning it around. Unfortunately championship are judged from the first race onwards......

Best of luck for next year though. If the teams can carry the form in they are showing, it'll be a corker. A four team fight for the title!? It would be outstanding.

Anyone noticed how Alonso would be leading the WDC if the season was just the last 8 races? No? Didn't think so today... lol

Anyone notice how Vettel would be the WDC if you just took the Italian Grand Prix? ;)

You've had your glory mush. Quit moaning.

Not moaning mate. If anything I'm commenting on the pronounced downward spiral of all three of the championship contending teams in the second half of the season... I've not seen capitulation so bad since they took the mass damper away from us in 2006 and Ferrari, McLaren and BMW don't have that excuse.

Guest Hacienda

It'll give him something new to whinge about I suppose.

Not moaning mate. If anything I'm commenting on the pronounced downward spiral of all three of the championship contending teams in the second half of the season... I've not seen capitulation so bad since they took the mass damper away from us in 2006 and Ferrari, McLaren and BMW don't have that excuse.

Is it so much that they've dropped off the pace though?

I mean if McLaren, Ferrari and BMW had dropped the pace, what about Williams, Red Bull and Honda, who are no nearer the front runners than the start if the season.

Only Renault, Toyota and STR have really had strong finishes to the season, so are they quicker, or are the others really all slower?

Is it so much that they've dropped off the pace though?

I mean if McLaren, Ferrari and BMW had dropped the pace, what about Williams, Red Bull and Honda, who are no nearer the front runners than the start if the season.

Only Renault, Toyota and STR have really had strong finishes to the season, so are they quicker, or are the others really all slower?

I would say Willies, RB and Honda moved the direction of their aero teams over to 2009 when it was clear they weren't going to be a threat in 2008. STR have the luxury of continuous development as they don't design their own chassis, thus them having the opportunity to try out the Beemer style bull-horns on the nose (which Red Bull adopted after them).

BMW did change their focus after Kubica's win, but shouldn't have IMO because they robbed him of a real title chance given the inconsistency of the top two.

Toyota badly wanted that 4th place and continued developing, as did we, and Ferrari and McLaren were developing up to the last race. The ground we made on those two is as indicative of their failure as our success as teams with their massive resources should not be caught like that. Alonso beating Heidfield and Kovalainen is quite an achievement considering the respective gaps they had at the halfway point. I'm sure there will be debates as to whether McLaren hobbled Heikki, and he certainly alludes to that himself, but it can't be ignored that the development of the top 2 teams this year has been disappointing.

Fair enough.

So KERS is the cruz of the bricking it then. Surely they are optional anyway.

It's not the crux, it's just one factor. All bets are off for next year for as well as a team thinks it's progressing there's actually no benchmark to rate the progress by.

KERS may be optional but not having the option of using it could be distinctly disabling.

By the way peeps. The repeat is just starting now. Thankfully, for the last time on ITV.

Award winning coverage..? Take the adverts away and I might agree. What a shame they can't, as their commercial setup ultimately screws any sports coverage that ITV have ever taken on.

By the way peeps. The repeat is just starting now. Thankfully, for the last time on ITV.

Award winning coverage..? Take the adverts away and I might agree. What a shame they can't, as their commercial setup ultimately screws any sports coverage that ITV have ever taken on.

Hopefully the BBC will deliver.

ITV's coverage has been good. I remember the old days when BBC only broadcasted highlights. And YES i mean the 1993 European Grand Prix that took place in the UK. Which you couldn't watch live.

Gah, what a shame for DC. :(

It would be great for him, Brundle and Damon Hill to be involved in the BBC coverage next year.

Much as I hate the adverts, ITVs coverage has been otherwise excellent. Louise Goodman always seems to get a quote out of any driver, regardless of the situation. Remember Webber in Japan last year, "it's kids who can't drive f*cking it up!"

Hopefully the BBC will deliver.

ITV's coverage has been good. I remember the old days when BBC only broadcasted highlights. And YES i mean the 1993 European Grand Prix that took place in the UK. Which you couldn't watch live.

Well time has moved on, and highlights only aren't enough for F1 to maintain its presence as the premier 4 wheel motorsport.

I've no doubt the Beeb will put on a great show.

ITV have never annoyed me for their coverage, apart from a tendancy to over-analyse at times, but that is always going to happen when you start your programme approximately 1 hour ahead of the race start time. And invariably all they do is have talking heads. The Beeb are showing the way with their MotoGP coverage, which is never less than informative, as well as interesting.

No, it has always been the adverts for me, which have killed any interest any F1 race might build up. It buried the tension stone dead. I know for a lot of people this doesn't matter, and obviously they don't have a problem with commercial breaks, having not seen F1 coverage without them. Just wait for next season...!

Highs for me today were Hamilton's overtaking maneuver on Fisichella, when he was on hard drys and Fischella was on softs, and it was still damp. Also James Allen made his first and only joke comment during his entire F1 commentaries.. there's nothing worse than a misaligned nozzle..! Brundle was so focused he missed it. And of course, the drama of the event. As usual, I actually started to nod off at one point, haven eaten a large meal about 20 minutes before, and being comfortably stretched out on the sofa. The race, even this one, wasn't really holding my attention. Strategy alone doesn't do it for me and I was flicking to the Velodrome on BBC2 at every ITV break. But the drama kept me going, and I'm glad I stuck with the event. Hamilton will be a fine champion, I've no doubt. The racing will be better next season, with the changes towards less reliance on aerodynamics, and slip streaming making an obvious welcome return. It should bring a bit more more competitiveness across the field.

P.S. Having just watched the highlights, even old Beeb employee Steve Rider admitted the problems negotiating those pesky ad breaks. ;)

Edited by St Landrew

Thankfully, for the last time on ITV.

Thought ITV had a mixed day. Their panicking when Lewis was 6th with about 50-60 laps to go was ridiculous.

On the other hand, they seem to have been one of the only people to notice Hamilton overtaking Glock. 5Live thought he'd lost it as he crossed the line, only to notice that their screens were saying he was fifth.

Ponty,how long until we see what the new cars look like and perform like when is the first test for next year?

Also well done Lewis good race and a bit of luck at the end,although is Glock looking for a job at Mclaren should be ok.

Felt sorry for Massa but thats how it goes if his car had not let him down earlier in the year and if he could of stopped spinning at Silverstone might of been different.

You won't see a new Renault until January, like most of the other teams. There are 3 tests before Christmas but I've no idea who's going to be running what cars in what configuration. I don't think anyone knows what each other is planning. Also the cars unveiled in the new year will probably only be a nod to the cars that appear in Australia for the first GP. No one will want to show their hand with the new rules so important next year.

I spent a good hour or so reading up on this today. From a number of outlets. Good to get a broad range of reactions.

Have to hand it to Massa though. Took losing the Championship like a pro should. I wonder if he'll come this close to winning again especially as it looks like it may be a very competitive season next year.