Held his face my arse..... Highlights

Alain Perrin

Blatant dive, its a red card by the current law (what he did was not violent conduct, it was ungentlemanly conduct) but should have been a yellow for each, one for pushing and one for cheating/diving.

It was a red card, learn the rules of the game.

Blatant dive, its a red card by the current law (what he did was not violent conduct, it was ungentlemanly conduct) but should have been a yellow for each, one for pushing and one for cheating/diving.

Blatant dive my arse, deserved red card. What game are these people watching?! Seriously.....You want to talk about cheating/diving how about Noble for the penalty which clearly wasnt.

You're not entirely wrong. Whilst Taylor's was a sending off (about as obvious as you can get), Noble should've also been booked for his dive for the 'penalty'.

So you think Cisse shouldn't of been sent off the other week then?

Their lot even challenging the authenticity of the photo that shows taylor strangling sharp - "is it actually real" - a real roswell moment for the knobbers on kumb.

Looking forward to putting them back in second place come saturday afternoon.

I think they are in denial that a refs decision has gone against them, they are so used to having the ref give them everything. Well apart from Nolan being sent off the other week, but the ref made up for that with that "goal". Seriously if the referees had made the correct decisions in their games so far would they even be in the playoffs?

I'm not surprised that Fat Sam and the cretin Abrahams have not had the good grace to apologise for their knee-jerk reactions. That would take a certain amount of humility, a commodity that neither possesses. What I can't see the sense of though, is them appealing the sending off, as it is inevitable that the video and photographic evidence that has since surfaced, will show that firstly Taylor's hands made contact with Sharp's face and that secondly Sharp did not roll around play-acting. If this then categorises the appeal as frivolous and the suspension is accordingly increased to 4 matches, then so much the better. Maybe Fat Sam will be a bit more circumspect in future and engage his brain before opening his mouth and putting his foot in it.

Simultaneously, we can make out a pretty decent case when that video footage is examined, that Noble dived to gain the penalty that was the catalyst for the ensuing incident involving Sharp and Taylor. We are entitled to feel pretty aggrieved that because he fooled the referee, we went a goal down, when instead Noble should have received a yellow for simulation.

I think they are in denial that a refs decision has gone against them, they are so used to having the ref give them everything. Well apart from Nolan being sent off the other week, but the ref made up for that with that "goal". Seriously if the referees had made the correct decisions in their games so far would they even be in the playoffs?

Exactly, NA alluded to the same thing with the the two dodgy pens they got against Forest (poor decisions).

I thought Lambert was skating on thin ice when he raised his hands at Brighton, so I like to think myself relatively even-handed; but the difference between that incident and the Taylor challenge was light and day. What the photos and videos don't show is how quickly the skate came tearing over to get involved which only added to the hostility and intent of the act. No doubt, the knobbers on kumb will claim taylor was acting as a peacemaker and attempting to protect Noble but, if so, its a funny way to go about doing things.

So you think Cisse shouldn't of been sent off the other week then?

No, holding a chin isnt violent conduct. Should have been a yellow each and used to be a yellow each, then the FA cracked down which led to all the diving and face grabbing to try and get people sent off.

Its not violent conduct if it wouldnt make an 8 year old girl cry, violent conduct is kicking (not the infamous Beckham love tap) punching, elbowing, gouging, biting, head butting (not putting heads together) etc.

Im having a bit of a debate with this "Ref" on The Sun website. He said:

"pauljames87......law of the game (I'm a ref) states if a player pushes or strikers another (not a punch) its a yellow unless its above the shoulders then its a red

so its a yellow card

it will be overturned no doubt "

I replied that it was above his shoulders as his hand was around his neck!...He then replied:

"pauljames87....so what about the punch that sharp aimed at noble (why taylor steped in) and he dives down to avoid a red? scumbag in the lowest form"

WHAT PUNCH? Do I need better glasses or something?

No, holding a chin isnt violent conduct. Should have been a yellow each and used to be a yellow each, then the FA cracked down which led to all the diving and face grabbing to try and get people sent off.

Its not violent conduct if it wouldnt make an 8 year old girl cry, violent conduct is kicking (not the infamous Beckham love tap) punching, elbowing, gouging, biting, head butting (not putting heads together) etc.

But everyone knows that, in these circumstances, "violent" doesn't mean "liable to cause pain or injury". If you grab someone round the throat and/or give them a good two handed shove there is a good chance you will get sent off. Everyone knows that. It was a clear red card. If a Saints player had done it I would not object at all to the red card.

Look at the reaction of Noble and Vaz Te to the red card. They don't argue with the ref, they go after Taylor and tell him he's a ****.

Sorry but difference is Taylor wasnt holding Sharps chin.....Hand around someones throat and pushing them to the ground to me is violent conduct.

Exactly, NA alluded to the same thing with the the two dodgy pens they got against Forest (poor decisions).

I thought Lambert was skating on thin ice when he raised his hands at Brighton, so I like to think myself relatively even-handed; but the difference between that incident and the Taylor challenge was light and day. What the photos and videos don't show is how quickly the skate came tearing over to get involved which only added to the hostility and intent of the act. No doubt, the knobbers on kumb will claim taylor was acting as a peacemaker and attempting to protect Noble but, if so, its a funny way to go about doing things.

Raising your hands has nothing to do with it... Lambert lowered his hands to El Abd.

"pauljames87......law of the game (I'm a ref) states if a player pushes or strikers another (not a punch) its a yellow unless its above the shoulders then its a red

so its a yellow card

I replied that it was above his shoulders as his hand was around his neck!...He then replied:

"pauljames87....so what about the punch that sharp aimed at noble (why taylor steped in) and he dives down to avoid a red? scumbag in the lowest form"

Well, I've just read the Laws of the Game (again) AND the IFAB Interpretations http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/worldfootball/clubfootball/01/37/04/28/interpretation_law12_en.pdf , and there's absolutely nothing about violent conduct mentioning "hands to the face" or "above shoulder height", so he's talking out of his arse about that, never mind the impossible punch that Sharp is supposed to have thrown whilst pointing at Noble.

Four thoughts:

Definitely a sending off in the present climate and probably even ten or twenty years ago.

Hopefully an additional game if they are stupid enough to go ahead.

Isn't kicking the ball when the goalkeeper has control a foul on the goalkeeper, or is the foreshortening effect that makes it appear that Kelvin has it in his hands, holding it to his body. I've replayed this three times and it certainly looks as if the goalie has control.

This incident led directly to all the trouble and in any other country it would have been a foul for sure.

Finally back to the thread title:

The vast majority of us can be happy with the fact that our arses are much prettier than Fat Sam's face.

Well, I've just read the Laws of the Game (again) AND the IFAB Interpretations http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/worldfootball/clubfootball/01/37/04/28/interpretation_law12_en.pdf , and there's absolutely nothing about violent conduct mentioning "hands to the face" or "above shoulder height", so he's talking out of his arse about that, never mind the impossible punch that Sharp is supposed to have thrown whilst pointing at Noble.

I said to him he didnt throw any punch and I told him to watch the video...he replied:

"pauljames87......again taylor was protecting his captain... and the punch u can't see because he STOPED it.

accept it sharp dived down.. even your manager agreed he made a meal of it. disgrace

and then your other player diving in the box?

when we had 11 men we outclassed u completely and even with 10 we played the better football

i have said since october that u had the shock factor and will finish in play offs at best

its us and cardiff/brum for auto spots."

So there we have it people...The reason why no one can see Sharp throwing a punch is because Taylor stopped him before he could do it....Thats some Minority Report s**t right there! This guy started this debate by stating he's a ref, but really hes a West Ham fan and he is just as deluded as the rest.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4130476/West-Ham-1-Southampton-1.html

Looks to me like Sharp is moving backwards and Taylor effectively catches him off balance having come in from the side - total muppetry from Taylor and no worse than the Red which Rickie got!!

True. If anyone 's hand was throttling your throat, you would move backwards smartly. Very easy to lose balance in the circumstances.

so its a yellow card

Tell him that if he's a ref, then hes's another example of how refereeing has declined in this country, if he doesn't appear to know the current rules. What he really is, is a blinkered WH fan whose team can do no wrong, even when outclassed and outplayed. The scumbag was Noble for diving when Sharp didn't even touch him.

the daftest thing about the entire episode is.. that the ref. had already awarded a penalty, no matter if the player dived or, not.

Taylor was completely out of order, and his action was pointless..we can only hope that West Ham will be the same whilst he sits out his suspension !

I'm not defending Taylor (he deserved to walk), nor defending Noble who dived, but Sharp did go a bit headless for a bit and squaring up to Noble was somewhat provocative.

I'm not defending Taylor (he deserved to walk), nor defending Noble who dived, but Sharp did go a bit headless for a bit and squaring up to Noble was somewhat provocative.

I thought the same at first but at all times Sharp keeps clear space between himself and Noble whilst applying the verbals. Ironically it is Sharps attempt at maintaining clear air between himself and Noble that results in Thwatty Matty getting sent off. Noble reacts to the comments and pushes forward, with Billy back peddling to avoid contact and getting unbalanced. Thwatty Matty then comes in again and applies the coup de grace and it's good night Vienna. Noble then joins in the condemnation of Thwatty Matty, quickly forgetting that he had teed up Billy for the final throw.

If you look back to the "tackle", Billy was in headless mode before the penalty was awarded. The ball was well gone , absolutely no chance in getting any contact from the angle Billy was coming in from, absolutely zero chance of success. So decides to remove as much space as possible from behind Noble to make things difficult. No wonder he then went on his headless dance after realising what he had just done. I think it may be best if we relieve Billy of all defensive duties from now on in.

There are comic sketches that don't meet this level of intricacy and humour. Will savour this one for a long time to come as I reckon it gave us points even with the goal.