How do I cancel my PayPal subscription to SaintsWeb Ltd?

AwaySaint1

I am sure we have a few users who think that the benefit of starting a thread is not worth the £5 subscription per year.

If you dont cancel your subscription then it will be taken without you knowing until its to late to get a refund as THIS SITE DOES NOT GIVE REFUNDS!

So how to make sure you can still start threads until your 12 month full membership expires:

1. Log into PayPal

2. Click "History"

3. Select "Subscriptions" from the "Show:" drop-down box.

4. You may need to select a longer timeframe from the "For:" drop-down box if you have had your account longer than a month.

Try selecting "Past Year".

5. Press submit.

6. You should see an entry called "Subscription Creation" with "SaintsWeb Ltd" in the "Name/Email" column. There will be a link in the "Status" column that tells you the status of the subscription. If it says "Active", click it.

7. Click the button that says "Cancel Subscription" and follow the remainder of the steps.

This will stop any future payments from being sent to SaintsWeb Ltd but not close your SaintsWeb Ltd account. When your account expires, it will revert to a registered user who is still able to read all threads and post 3 times a day.

Could this be a sticky please mods.

I think when you pay with paypal there is an option to cancel future paymensts i.e it asks you this when joining tsw. I'm pretty sure i selected it, but i'll re-check. It's not that i won't necessarily cough up again, but i'd sooner the money not be automatically debited from my account.

Indeed, I'm not entirely sure what the fuss is about, the word "Subscription" is a bit of a give away.

As for the lack of adverts for free members, well enjoy it as it's only like that for another 7 hours or so.

Minty nobody is complaing as far as I am aware,Its just that Paypal hides subsciptions and makes it a little hard to cancel without my userguide as Stanley has proven above.

I would hate members to still be paying in the future if they no longer visit the forum.

Indeed, I'm not entirely sure what the fuss is about, the word "Subscription" is a bit of a give away.

As for the lack of adverts for free members, well enjoy it as it's only like that for another 7 hours or so.

OUCH!! was that your toy that has just hit me on the head LOL.

Minty nobody is complaing as far as I am aware,Its just that Paypal hides subsciptions and makes it a little hard to cancel without my userguide as Stanley has proven above.

I would hate members to still be paying in the future if they no longer visit the forum.

Without going through the signing up process again i can't be sure of what i'm about to say, but from recollection there was an option to cancel a rolling subscription. I selected it, but obviously it didn't work as my subscription was still active.:confused:

Baj perhaps you need to check this out!

Don't worry, I know no one was complaining, I was just pointing it out.

Not typing anything that I haven't typed before... you're the one trying to make a scene, darling

Why is he making a scene?

It's not exactly hard to re-subscribe every year. Leaving it as a rolling subscription is risky as anything could happen in 12 months and any of us could have money debited when we no longer use the service.

Why is he making a scene?

It's not exactly hard to re-subscribe every year. Leaving it as a rolling subscription is risky as anything could happen in 12 months and any of us could have money debited when we no longer use the service.

I tend to agree although "risky" is a bit of a dramatic way of putting it. It would be better if we all got sent an email at the 11 month stage to remind us it was running out soon. I think we all hate our car insurance companies assuming we will always go back to them each year, which is a similar principle.

What happens if the subscription fee goes up (or indeed down) next year?

(I'm assuming the cost is subject to fluctuation depending on the amount of investment needed each year to maintain the same level of service?)

Does the PayPal subscription work like a Direct Debit? i.e. does the payee or payer have control of the amount drawn down?

cheers

I tend to agree although "risky" is a bit of a dramatic way of putting it. It would be better if we all got sent an email at the 11 month stage to remind us it was running out soon. I think we all hate our car insurance companies assuming we will always go back to them each year, which is a similar principle.

They always send you a letter just before renewal along the lines of "ignore this letter if you wish to continue with us" though.

What happens if the subscription fee goes up (or indeed down) next year?

(I'm assuming the cost is subject to fluctuation depending on the amount of investment needed each year to maintain the same level of service?)

Does the PayPal subscription work like a Direct Debit? i.e. does the payee or payer have control of the amount drawn down?

cheers

No, we have no power to alter the amount.

Equally, I don't agree with some of the implications on here that what we are doing is in any way underhand, for 2 reasons. Firstly, we actually provided instructions on how to cancel your subscription if you so wanted to when we first launched the forum and secondly we've never pretended the service is anything else than a subscription.

I think PayPal's subscriptions are fixed at the amount set when the subscription is created.

If we were to change the price (which I'd think is very unlikely given the amount of extra work that it would then entail), we would contact all subscribers and cancel the PayPal subscription (but obviously not the forum one!) so they wouldn't be automatically charged an incorrect amount.

Currently there is no mechanism within the forum software to notify users when their subscription is about to expire. However, one of the modifications we'll be adding tonight is that very functionality.

I think PayPal's subscriptions are fixed at the amount set when the subscription is created.

If we were to change the price (which I'd think is very unlikely given the amount of extra work that it would then entail), we would contact all subscribers and cancel the PayPal subscription (but obviously not the forum one!) so they wouldn't be automatically charged an incorrect amount.

Currently there is no mechanism within the forum software to notify users when their subscription is about to expire. However, one of the modifications we'll be adding tonight is that very functionality.

Cheers for the info Steve - appreciated.

wityh all due respect this thread is a bit of 'look at me' Im leaving. Just pm the mods and you are free to roam.

It's a wind up, just like the 'Kelvin Davis is s**t' and 'ST holders are mugs' threads.

If anyone has any further questions, please PM a member of the admin team.