anything you want me to ask?

lordswoodsaints

How much does that work out we are losing then?

say £30 per head x 2300 fans twice a month = 138000 per month below what we need to be to break even. ouch,

Ouch! Not sure how sponsorship, corporate and other matchday income affects the breakeven figure.

Did the Echo kindly furnish the reasons for the meeting, who was invited, etc that I asked for information about.

Getting an answer to these simple questions is like getting blood out of a stone; was it a meeting that only the funny handshake brigade got invites to? ;)

From the gist of it I understand they went to meet 'that fan' who never got his season ticket for the first time ever this season and try to reason with him, and it worked.

Didn't say who had been invited but mentioned who was there Poortvliet, Wotte, Holmes and Forecast.

Ouch! Not sure how sponsorship, corporate and other matchday income affects the breakeven figure.

yeah there are probably plenty of other factors but just the gates dont look very good at all. surprised the banks havnt shut us down already if those figures are even remotly like the real figures.

From the gist of it I understand they went to meet 'that fan' who never got his season ticket for the first time ever this season and try to reason with him, and it worked.

Didn't say who had been invited but mentioned who was there Poortvliet, Wotte, Holmes and Forecast.

is this following on from JP chating to guy in street who had lost interest.

The chairman of my company doesn't come to our department meetings, should I be worried about this lack of governance.

When times are tough, everything needs to be managed more closely. Who knows what exactly is said in these meetings. Perhaps Lowe will tell JP that club A is interested in player X, "how badly do you need him? how is his attitude?", JP might tell Lowe to try to ship someone out. Of course that could be way off the mark. Many will then say it is none of Lowe's business.

Good old Wupert!

He gets slagged no matter what he does good or bad and to be honest that's the way I like it.

Sort of karma compensating for the years of misery as a saints fan. he has brought me

If he he is buddhist he will be coming back as a dag on a sheeps arse

Did the Echo kindly furnish the reasons for the meeting, who was invited, etc that I asked for information about.

Getting an answer to these simple questions is like getting blood out of a stone; was it a meeting that only the funny handshake brigade got invites to? ;)

no,it was open to anybody but as the pub is only small it was kept a bit hush hush.

my old man was the compere so naturally i was invited.

sorry but how was it open to anybody but it was kept "hush hush". ?

Indeed.

Funny handshakes all round.

Why do the folks at SFC always find a way of shooting themselves in the foot?

A "public" meeting that turns into "cloak and dagger"

One word: amateur

FFS...

What pub?

osbourne.

apparently jan personally asked mike (the landlord) by letter if he could meet with supporters as he'd been told it was a "big saints" pub, and wanted to get to know fans better, and hear their views.

never went but some mates did, and jan was serving foschters behind the bar and everyone had a really good night:)

this maybe out of sequence with the thread currently but,

without this trying to be an anti-lowe post(my feelings on this are clear), with the club struggling financially, lowe doing everything he can to avoid administration, the threat that if we dont start to fill the stadium assets will be sold in January to the further detriment of the team, and the almost obvious fact that alot of people are not coming to the stadium in protest of lowes involvement in the club, should he not just leave for this reason alone?

this maybe out of sequence with the thread currently but,

without this trying to be an anti-lowe post(my feelings on this are clear), with the club struggling financially, lowe doing everything he can to avoid administration, the threat that if we dont start to fill the stadium assets will be sold in January to the further detriment of the team, and the almost obvious fact that alot of people are not coming to the stadium in protest of lowes involvement in the club, should he not just leave for this reason alone?

try and focus on the positives from last nights meeting and you might even find yourself enjoying suporting saints again.

tbh JP is a good,honest decent bloke and a breath of fresh air,i hope he is given the oppurtunity to succeed,at least he has the guts to meet the fans face on in these hard times and he didnt wilt under pressure in fact he enjoyed answering the questions thrown at him.

try and focus on the positives from last nights meeting and you might even find yourself enjoying suporting saints again.

tbh JP is a good,honest decent bloke and a breath of fresh air,i hope he is given the oppurtunity to succeed,at least he has the guts to meet the fans face on in these hard times and he didnt wilt under pressure in fact he enjoyed answering the questions thrown at him.

difficult as most of us are obviously seen as second class supporters, i am seriously thinking about sending my season ticket back over this meeting of the few

indeed i will, just thought it would be a valid discusion topic.

with respect for jp, i was very happy with the start of the seasons play, even without the results, have had very few bad words to say about the bloke( would like him to look like hes doing something when in the technical area at least), but at half time at preston i was close to giving up and not using my STfor the first time ever, funny what changes in 45mins eh

Have to agree with you.

Up until the recent thumping defeats, he came across really well on the radio and although there were language issues, I always liked what he had to say.

I also heard him in the corporates pre season and he did sound really refreshing. I still have my doubts about his expereince, tactics and abilities, but as a speaker and a person he comes across really well in person.

(PS did you see Mini Me's post on this thread??? LOL).

Some people are really pathetic. They take a nice gesture and try and twist it around. If the manager wants off his own back arrange to meet a handful of the locals of pub(Who support saints) while trying to immerse himself with the culture of the football club that should be applauded. Everyone can't be invited or else it loses all sense of an intimate gathering where the guy can get to know people in a relaxed atmosphere. Aren't there' other events where people can question the management(such as poorly attended fan's forums).

difficult as most of us are obviously seen as second class supporters' date=' i am seriously thinking about sending my season ticket back over this meeting of the few[/quote']

That is a bit pathetic! The guys were invited to go and meet the regulars in a Shirley pub for a social evening and to answer questions from the fans who drink there and you are going to throw your ticket out of the window because you were not invited .....

But what's your answer? Who's more important SFC or who runs the shop?

Back to your question. If an executive is involved in meetings to discuss team selection then IMHO it is wrong whether that be the England team, Chelsea or Saints. But there have been enough hints from some well respected forum members indicating his involvement;)

Hints but nothing conclusive. Still if you can post factual evidence then that will be different.

on OS

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10872

"No topic was off-limits and both Poortvliet and Wotte were happy to discuss the goings on at St Mary's both on and off the field"

obviously they have been told to dodge certain questions,but anything not to fruity will be answered.

Which of these is correct?

Edited by trousers

osbourne.

apparently jan personally asked mike (the landlord) by letter if he could meet with supporters as he'd been told it was a "big saints" pub, and wanted to get to know fans better, and hear their views.

never went but some mates did, and jan was serving foschters behind the bar and everyone had a really good night:)

Ah, ok. Cheers.

I guess Arsene Wenger will be doing the same tonight at the Dog and Badger in Islington.

Good old Wupert!

He gets slagged no matter what he does good or bad and to be honest that's the way I like it.

Sort of karma compensating for the years of misery as a saints fan. he has brought me

If he he is buddhist he will be coming back as a dag on a sheeps arse

TBF this has to be one of the best ways of looking at things lol

osbourne.

Respect to that man! :-)

I wasa gona ask if any questions were deflected or if they answered everything that was asked?

they answered every question thrown at them,there were one or two questions about finances which probably could have only been answered by those at the top (lowe/wilde) but they didnt shy away or try and change the subject like politicians do.

Edited by lordswoodsaints

Does they condone sleeping on the job ?

Have they ever had 6 months off with a dodgy back injury ?

Have they ever used the company van for personal use ?

:D

Have to agree with you.

Up until the recent thumping defeats, he came across really well on the radio and although there were language issues, I always liked what he had to say.

I also heard him in the corporates pre season and he did sound really refreshing. I still have my doubts about his expereince, tactics and abilities, but as a speaker and a person he comes across really well in person.

(PS did you see Mini Me's post on this thread??? LOL).

yes i did,i think he must be mistaking me for somebody else,somebody who loved his job as much as i did wouldnt have done any of those things.:-)

they answered every question thrown at them,there were one or two questions about finances which probably could have only been answered by those at the top (lowe/wilde) but they didnt shy away or try and change the subject like politicians do.

good to hear. its not like I expect them to have all the answers but if they got all politician like then it would be something to worry about.

might be worth them organising a few more little events like this in the future as it certanly builds a raport with the fans.

good to hear. its not like I expect them to have all the answers but if they got all politician like then it would be something to worry about.

might be worth them organising a few more little events like this in the future as it certanly builds a raport with the fans.

this was one of the things that was suggested and they seemed enthusiastic about doing some more stuff in the community.

hopefully this will happen at a lot more of the smaller venues around town because i think the big get togethers seem to get out of hand and they seemed to get hijacked by the loonies who will never be happy regardless of how well we are doing.

the smaller venues are a more personal, friendly experience, anybody who comes along to stir the sh1t will feel uncomfortable in this sort of atmosphere.

I'm happy for Lowe to be involved in meetings to discuss transfers, loans, contract etc but team selection meetings, no way. As the boss, if he expresses the view that James should play at right back that puts unnecessary pressure on JP to put Jame at rightback. Next we'll be arguing about whether Lowe should be Director of Football;)

Jesus, read what he said "lowe not interfering in the team selections,but a weekly meeting is held between JP,wotte,lowe and the coaching staff to discuss the team.lowe only came into the changing room to wish the team good luck.

Which part don't you understand?

Are you suggesting that JP and Lowe communicate about the team using codenames lest any subliminal preference is detected? Pretty certain the meeting is that they have is related to the strength or otherwise of the squad. All perfectly acceptable.

Jesus, read what he said "lowe not interfering in the team selections,but a weekly meeting is held between JP,wotte,lowe and the coaching staff to discuss the team.lowe only came into the changing room to wish the team good luck.

Which part don't you understand?

Are you suggesting that JP and Lowe communicate about the team using codenames lest any subliminal preference is detected? Pretty certain the meeting is that they have is related to the strength or otherwise of the squad. All perfectly acceptable.

See post 91# Thanks.

See post 91# Thanks.

See post #136 Thanks.

You say "If an executive is involved in meetings to discuss team selection then IMHO it is wrong whether that be the England team, Chelsea or Saints."

I suspect the meeting is not to discuss team selection. It is to discuss the team/squad - there's a big difference. Are you suggesting that the manager should not discuss with the executive whether Jack Cork's loan should be extended, we need a new right back or Svensson's injury is worse than we thought?

"But there have been enough hints from some well respected forum members indicating his involvement"

And yet there's been a statement as near to the horse's mouth (JP on this thread) as you can get that this is not the case, yet still you believe such ********.

Pretty pointless.

lowe not interfering in the team selections

Any clearer?

I'm talking about picking the players we sign more specifically.

Seems to me to be a joint decision. Jan definitely had an input in some signings such as Lee Holmes. I have no issues with joint decisions but would hope that Lowe is not signing players over the head of Jan and the team (I doubt it.)

Lets face it, whether we like it or not Lowe has all the ace cards - he can pick the team or even do the physio if he so wishes - there is absolutely nothing anybody can do about it except waste time on an internet forum *****ing. It seems the falling gate attendance has bottomed out, so forcing admin and Lowe's hand that way is not going to work just yet - he will see the club into admin before he admits defeat and then will blame the customers for not turning up.

Everyone needs to wise up to the fact that Lowe is here to stay - win or lose - admin or Prem. That means we are faced with two choices - get back to supporting the team whatever level they're playing or staying away because the offerings are not that great. Not an easy choice and not one I will need to face now until next year when ST renewal comes around. At the moment I think I'll be saving myself £400 as I'm not enjoying the experience as I once did - whether thats due to Lowe is...well, actually I'm beyond caring frankly.

this was one of the things that was suggested and they seemed enthusiastic about doing some more stuff in the community.

hopefully this will happen at a lot more of the smaller venues around town because i think the big get togethers seem to get out of hand and they seemed to get hijacked by the loonies who will never be happy regardless of how well we are doing.

the smaller venues are a more personal, friendly experience, anybody who comes along to stir the sh1t will feel uncomfortable in this sort of atmosphere.

So anyone who would like to ask more probing questions and would possibly not be brushed away like a Stepford Wife, would not be welcome ?.

And you were having a dig at the "russian taxi driver"

So anyone who would like to ask more probing questions and would possibly not be brushed away like a Stepford Wife, would not be welcome ?.

And you were having a dig at the "russian taxi driver"

unfortunately there are a certain element of 'fans' who will never be happy regardles of what the team achieves,if we were the best team in the land and we were winning the champions league every year they would still moan that we could do better.there is also an element who will never be happy with what the team achieves whilst rupert lowe is around.

these are the people who will always try and disrupt a good meaning meeting for their own purposes.

i know the taxi driver,and i also know that he thinks he speaks for the majority........he will never speak for me.

because he cant get the answers he wants to hear form the man he despises ,he takes great delight in badgering lesser employees of SFC to give him the answers.fool.

i may not welcome his kind to the meetings but i certainly wouldnt turn them away,they have an opinion and they are free to ask questions as much as you or i,but the questions they ask are usually not always relevent to the people present which is a pointless waste of everybodys time.