What song would you want at your funeral?

kwsaint

My dad had OWTS at his funeral. Loved non league Bromley in his young days. Moved to Chandlers Ford in 63 and started going to the Dell, took me and my sister in the 70's. He had a season ticket for his last 6 years untill he passed away in 2002.

Thats interesting - have you heard of the book The Bromley Boys? It covers the team in the late 1960s so just after your dad would have been watching them I guess. Interview with the author here http://theballisround.co.uk/2011/02/07/stand-up-for-the-bromley-boys/

I live in Bromley myself and they have a decent ground there at Hayes Lane. It's always fun to go to the non-league fixtures, and a bit cheaper than St Marys at least.

Did he ever take you to watch them?

Change my mind with every funeral I go to but Abide With Me stands out after 1976, to hear 100,000 at Wembley singing that full belt was emotional, trouble is it'll have to be sung by about 10 people at my do.

I would squeeze OWTS in, had it a my wedding, was singing it to myself when both kids were conceived, so its been at all the big events. For the funeral I also want Tank Park Salute by Billy Bragg and Like a Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell.

:lol:

Hope you didnt start shouting it out at climax! ;)

I would squeeze OWTS in, had it a my wedding, was singing it to myself when both kids were conceived, so its been at all the big events. For the funeral I also want Tank Park Salute by Billy Bragg and Like a Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell.

Fast version or the slow version?

Ever since I saw Live and Let Die I always fancied a New Orleans Jazz band, playing OWTS in a really slow sombre way then as the curtains close ramp it up to a cheerful tempo.

Yes, but the trouble is that some idiot would be certain to start singing the speeded-up bit a verse too soon.....