Thank You Markus and Nicola.

corsacar saint

I think the money that Markus had earmarked for Stapleford,shows how committed he was to Southampton FC,the club he came to truly love. Nicola,is carrying out Markus's plans and is in it for the long haul. We as fans owe these two men a great deal of gratitude for saving our great club and for taking it forward so magnificently.I have no doubt,if and hopefully when we go up,that the funds will be there,to consolidate in the Premier League.

I think the money that Markus had earmarked for Stapleford,shows how committed he was to Southampton FC,the club he came to truly love. Nicola,is carrying out Markus's plans and is in it for the long haul. We as fans owe these two men a great deal of gratitude for saving our great club and for taking it forward so magnificently.I have no doubt,if and hopefully when we go up,that the funds will be there,to consolidate in the Premier League.
:lol: Great thread.

We owe a massive debt. When you look at the SISU crowd we could have got, we were amazingly fortunate to get the owners we did.

Last three years have been my best as a Saints fan. Probably the highest compliment I can pay them.

Why have they put money aside for golf?

We are a 3rd,4th and 5th generation of Saints and I wish the ones who went before could come back for a day and see what has happened to the Club they loved and supported since day one. We are truly blessed that we were saved by a special person who actually gave a damn and that his dream is being implemented.

I think the money that Markus had earmarked for Stapleford,shows how committed he was to Southampton FC,the club he came to truly love. Nicola,is carrying out Markus's plans and is in it for the long haul. We as fans owe these two men a great deal of gratitude for saving our great club and for taking it forward so magnificently.I have no doubt,if and hopefully when we go up,that the funds will be there,to consolidate in the Premier League.[/quote

Pedant alert!!!

Amen to that.

When we were relegated I stopped supporting Saints and started to support Man United – I have been swapping from Man C to Man U this season (depends who is top) but now I have just started to support Saints again as we look like getting promoted!!

I thank Markus and Nicola for this.

COYR

Not in any way trying to pick one over the other, but I have seen many posts over the last few years thanking Marcus for saving our club but very rarely see anything about Nicola (unless people are moaning about ticket tax or how horrible he is to agents) Whilst none of this could have happened without Marcus and his wealth, it was Nicola who put the wheels in motion for the whole plan and to me he is as much a saviour to us as Marcus.

Sounds stupid I know but I would be half tempted to actually write a letter upon our return to premier league to NC thanking him for what he has done to our club. His vision, accompanied with the backing that we have will bring us back to PL stronger than ever before.

Not in any way trying to pick one over the other, but I have seen many posts over the last few years thanking Marcus for saving our club but very rarely see anything about Nicola (unless people are moaning about ticket tax or how horrible he is to agents) Whilst none of this could have happened without Marcus and his wealth, it was Nicola who put the wheels in motion for the whole plan and to me he is as much a saviour to us as Marcus.

Sounds stupid I know but I would be half tempted to actually write a letter upon our return to premier league to NC thanking him for what he has done to our club. His vision, accompanied with the backing that we have will bring us back to PL stronger than ever before.

Whilst reading through all the account stuff released this morning a thought struck me. Would we be doing as well had it been NC that sadly passed away rather than ML? I will always be grateful to ML for the money he pumped into saints, but my belief is that it was NC that saved us.

Is kpturner the only person to reply to the thread,who actually reads what is there.Some of you on here are illiterate as well as stupid. A serious well meaning thread like this gets 18 replies,a moronic,sick thread like who has been to number twos at St Mary's gets many more,sums it up really.

I may have got the name wrong,but the puerile golf jokes would hardly credit an immature school boy.

Nicola Cortese is the perfect businessman.

Stubborn. Determined and stands by what he knows to be the right way to go despite the fact that a lot of people might disagree with him, but in a good way.

I remember when we lost at home to Rochdale 0-2 and people were chanting "Cortese out" and "There's only one Alan Pardew". Did this bother Cortese? Not at all, his decision would be vindicated very soon as he brought in Nigel Adkins and took us to where we are today, as well as where we'll be next year.

The thing I like about Nicola is that everyone seems able to spell his name correctly. Sadly with the other guy this seems to be a problem. Why can't people get Markus' name right when they get Nicola's right, I don't recall anyone calling him Nikola.

There is no doubt that we owe a massive debt to Markus and Nicola - we have been VERY VERY lucky

But let's not ignore the fact that Saints in the Premiership are a stunningly good investment. It will transpire to be money very well spent. Speculation for accumulation! :)