Hav we had a manager with a better win ratio than Adkins?

Frank's cousin

Nige has now been in charge for 94 games winning 58, drawing 18, loosing just 18 in all comps.

That's a win pecentage o f 61.7%! Have we ever had any one beat that? Ok its not in the top flight, but still impressive

If they were all league games it would be a 2.04 per game average... not bad for a physio from scunny :)

I might get slaughtered for this bit i'm slightly concerned liverpool might try and tempt him home if we go up and they sack the sweaty.

If he does well for a few seasons in the Prem that will be a risk but I can't see Liverpool hiring a manager on the back of a Championship promotion. Everton maybe.

Nige has now been in charge for 94 games winning 58, drawing 18, loosing just 18 in all comps.

That's a win pecentage o f 61.7%! Have we ever had any one beat that? Ok its not in the top flight, but still impressive

If they were all league games it would be a 2.04 per game average... not bad for a physio from scunny :)

There are very few managers who have a better win ratio than that, unless you count Celtic or Rangers maybe. Fergie has a win ratio of 59.44 at Manure, Mancini 58.5% an Citeh. Mourinho had 70.8% at Chelski though, so its clear NA is not yet the Chosen One (not bad for an interpreter).

Edited by VectisSaint

Wiki have a table of all saints managers and their win ratios not sure how accurate it is though (tis Wiki after all)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southampton_F.C._managers

The best is Alfred McMinn with a win ratio of 70.37 % though that was in 1897 and he was only in charge for 27 games...

Interesting data.

The Drunken Scot: 41% :scared:

BTW, Dalek, compare Sturrock's with Wigley's (and WGS's for that matter), next time you blame Luggy for our relegation.

I might get slaughtered for this bit i'm slightly concerned liverpool might try and tempt him home if we go up and they sack the sweaty.

30 years ago I think this may have been the case. Nowadays however the "big" Premiership clubs are so far up the ar s e of the Champions League that there is no way that they would appoint someone who has not enjoyed success in the Portuguese third division or the Italian tiddlywinks league. How can Liverpool possibly appoint someone who has not even appeared on a Sky pundits panel??

Interesting data.

The Drunken Scot: 41% :scared:

BTW, Dalek, compare Sturrock's with Wigley's (and WGS's for that matter), next time you blame Luggy for our relegation.

Yes and look at Hoddle's win ratio and think about what might have been !

If you only look at league games, good Sir Nige has been in charge for 83 league games with W51/D17/L15 making it a league win percentage of 61,45 (that's roughly the same as the percentage including cup matches etc. so no conclusions to draw there)... Quite impressive!

Pardew managed W24/D15/L10 in his 49 league games, so a respectable 48,98% for him.

Edited by Lazlo78

Yes and look at Hoddle's win ratio and think about what might have been !

OK, here's the deal. If I were to say that Glenda would have been much better than Saggy Chops, infinitely better than Wigley, and would have saved us from relegation if he'd been appointed instead of both of them, will you admit that Luggy wasn't that bad for us and wasn't to blame for the relegation? ;)

Interestingly enough, Adkins has won 5 of 8 seasons he's participated in as manager:

93/94 Bangor City: 1st (Welsh Premier League), champions

94/95 Bangor City: 1st (Welsh Premier League), champions

95/96 Bangor City: 4th (Welsh Premier League)

06/07 Scun thorpe: 1st (League One), promoted as champions

07/08 Scun thorpe: 23rd (Championship), relegated

08/09 Scun thorpe: 6th (League One), promoted as playoff winners

09/10 Scun thorpe: 20th (Championship)

10/11 Southampton: 2nd (League One), promoted as runner up

11/12 Southampton: ?

Is he on his way to his 6th succes in 9 seasons? We'll know tonight...