St Mary's - What we might expect to see happen (and possibly announced soon)...

Matthew Le God

So just to summarise your theory here, the reason why the club at the beginning of this season didn't seem to put much effort into marketing season tickets was due to their over-arching importance? Season tickets are so important that they'll be left in wills, that is, if the youngsters and less well-off and less committed haven't in the meantime decided to do something else with their money and watch the team on the box.

I actually haven't seen anybody here who doesn't acknowledge the importance of season tickets, but you have to maintain the interest of others as well, as pointed out by moonraker. That is far easier to achieve in a bigger ground. I do wonder at your agenda here; some of us may be optimistically hoping for better things, and speculating on what might be possible in true fan fashion. It's part of what keeps us interested. You are just consistently negative and rude with it.

So how about I put forward a new theory as to why they didn't push season tickets this last year. They wanted to keep as many people as possible interested in going to maintain the size of the fan base and the potential for future season ticket sales when we expand. OK, I don't actually believe this: it's like one of those uni essays [statement]: Discuss. But we are all speculating on this thread and perhaps it behoves you to be a bit politer about other people's opinions since you don't know any more than we do.

I have to say I have no idea what you are getting at here. I am not here to defend how the club sold season tickets last season. It certainly doesn't in any way prove that season tickets aren't vitally important as revenue streams and as a guarantee of a base level of support.

Next.

The fact you need to pick away at it shows how pathetic and petty you are.

Says the man that continuingly brings up my researching for Football Manager in a bizarre attempt to belittle me? :rolleyes:

You have never explained why Cortese talks about expansion being very much part of their Liebherr plan in press interviews and at the fans dinners? Just like spending £15m on the training ground and category one academy was. Cortese is not a man of hollow words and backs up his ambitions with results and resources. I think you are going to have to eat humble pie relatively soon.

Edited by Matthew Le God

WTF..? 'Sunshine' - next you'll be caling me 'treacle' and and singing Knees up Mother brown...... hilarious.

Have you not 'read and understood' a single aspect of context in which this discussion is happening? The fact that its currently hyperthetical? The fact that it requires success and consistent success and high quality product to drive demand? Would you not say that is a reasonable assumption?

I doubt we will sell 20K season tickets next season - our peak has been 25K in 2004/5 when IT WAS not possible to just stroll up and guarrantees a ticket at 2/3s o the games for a side that was failing to push on from its promising 2003 season.... it took 4 years at SMS to get to that level through...relative success of a cup final defeat and 8th place finish in 2003.

I suggest that even if we emulated that iwithin 2-3 years we might finally get to 25K STs.. It may be quicker, we shall see and given where we were 3 years ago and the growth we have seen, we'll see what happens.... but this discussion is about what happens if we do? What are the options - no one on here has done any feasibilty study, merely chewing the fat of a topic that for most fans who relish aspiration and ambition is ...wait for it,...enjoyable, remember that do you, fun, enjoyment? Or are you one of those miserable feckers too fecked off with 'foam hands' to enjoy seeing kids want to be saints fans, or encouraging new one or converting occasionals to regulars?

A Man U ticket in a 45 k seater WILL cost the same as a £32 if the there has been sufficient growth in demand due to success, value, product - Feck it could even be more as the NEED to expand will be on the back of cosnistent success FFS.. Of course its IFs, Buts and Maybes, and it may be impossible, we could find that we are a small two bit club that is never going to get more than 30K average even if top 6 in the prem every year - but thats not frickin point of this discussion...and thats what you seem too stubborn, to see... probably because your view is obscured by your secret fetish for waving foam hands ...sunshine... or more likely because you just like being a miserable sod and ****ing on the parade of those enjoying a hyperthetical discussion about the POTENTIAL of the club....

... so sunshine, when was the last time you enjoyed yourself? (and I'm talking in the company of others)... Jeez

Well I don't enjoy myself reading the arse aching drivel you post on here.

And you seem to want to chew the fat on a topic just so long as everyone agrees with you. Anyone that says - hang on, this really is a long, long, long way off and don't we need to hit some KPIs first - gets labelled as being a miserable sod.

I didn't realise that wa nk ing off on an internet message board about having 46k capacity football stadium was the last word on "enjoying yourself".

Utter fu cking plank.

It's useless trying to pursuade him Frank, as he has the superior intellect and the firmer grasp of supply and demand than us poor sops. In his own mind, of course.

But he has made many sweeping assumptions that have had holes picked in them by others, so his arguments aren't watertight.

He states that the justification for stadium expansion for pretty well everybody on here is falling seat prices. But of course that is only the selfish yearnings of a few fans and I doubt that it figures very high on the list of priorities of Cortese and the Liebherrs. Their motivation towards it is simply to maximise profits by increased numbers of bums on seats and increased income from corporate hospitality.

He somehow casts aspertions on whether it is going to be viable, but ultimately it is the decision of Cortese and the Liebherrs and regardless of all the guff spouted by Mr Fry, if it is proceeded with, I am confident that it will be on the basis of sound research and expertise.

True... what he does however fail to grasp (in his infinite economic wisdom) is that 99.999% of fans are not somehow desperate for cheaper tickets (which will not happen) nor does he grasp the difference that when talking about 'cheaper seats' we are talking relative to the maximum ticket price in either option. I just cant work the miserable fecker's gripe with discussing a hyperthetical situation. NC will look to max revenue - that is what its ultimately about - If a complex feasibilty assessment demonstartes greater revenues from a larger capacity within an affordable funding approach.

Its not been stated before because for most its staing the bleeding obvious, but its not about the price on the ticket. There are always ST prices, Concessions etc, so any analysis they will do will be based on average revenue genearted per seat on a match day (average ticket spend, average drinks, food, program) etc. If demand for tickets is high, then the price may well go up....what he still fails to acknowledge is that with larger capacity the average revenue generated per occupied seat can go up - and you acn have a broader RANGE - of prices, whilst maintaining a higher revenue per seat level.... but it seems he is unwilling to even entertain alternative opinion, let alone discuss it with common sense... stubborn miserable fecker.:D

It's useless trying to pursuade him Frank, as he has the superior intellect and the firmer grasp of supply and demand than us poor sops. In his own mind, of course.

But he has made many sweeping assumptions that have had holes picked in them by others, so his arguments aren't watertight.

He states that the justification for stadium expansion for pretty well everybody on here is falling seat prices. But of course that is only the selfish yearnings of a few fans and I doubt that it figures very high on the list of priorities of Cortese and the Liebherrs. Their motivation towards it is simply to maximise profits by increased numbers of bums on seats and increased income from corporate hospitality.

He somehow casts aspertions on whether it is going to be viable, but ultimately it is the decision of Cortese and the Liebherrs and regardless of all the guff spouted by Mr Fry, if it is proceeded with, I am confident that it will be on the basis of sound research and expertise.

My arguments aren't "watertight" on an internet discussion forum. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Didn't realise this was the formal planning application process.

The club in its current guise can and will do what they like, whatever they do will prove me neither right or wrong. I am just dishing out my opinion on what I think are good or bad ideas and expressing some rationale for it.

I'll keep dishing it out, and my god I'll do it funnier than you time and time and time again. You love me.

Build it and they will come. Look at Sunderland in 1995. Supply and demand. Let's reduce ticket prices. Let's do kids for a quid. It'll be cheaper to expand now than when Lowe was here. We got 31k for a home game with Bolton once so we need to expand. We can give more tickets to away fans. Something about Reading mentioning once they are doing something sometime maybe, possibly in the future.

The collective logic of our Internet geniuses. And people wonder why it's referred to as an Internet mong board.

True... what he does however fail to grasp (in his infinite economic wisdom) is that 99.999% of fans are not somehow desperate for cheaper tickets (which will not happen) nor does he grasp the difference that when talking about 'cheaper seats' we are talking relative to the maximum ticket price in either option. I just cant work the miserable fecker's gripe with discussing a hyperthetical situation. NC will look to max revenue - that is what its ultimately about - If a complex feasibilty assessment demonstartes greater revenues from a larger capacity within an affordable funding approach.

Its not been stated before because for most its staing the bleeding obvious, but its not about the price on the ticket. There are always ST prices, Concessions etc, so any analysis they will do will be based on average revenue genearted per seat on a match day (average ticket spend, average drinks, food, program) etc. If demand for tickets is high, then the price may well go up....what he still fails to acknowledge is that with larger capacity the average revenue generated per occupied seat can go up - and you acn have a broader RANGE - of prices, whilst maintaining a higher revenue per seat level.... but it seems he is unwilling to even entertain alternative opinion, let alone discuss it with common sense... stubborn miserable fecker.:D

That's funny, because my alternative suggestion - keep pushing up the average price per seat to sweat value out of this phenomenal demand you all think we have - is not something you want to discuss mainly because of how it will push fans away. Although apparently now you say 99.99% fans are not worried about ticket price and that "it's not all about the price on the ticket".

My alternative suggestion assumes just as much success on the pitch as yours, and also frees up cash to spend on players and the academy because we are not saddled with infrastructure we really don't need. Fulham, Stoke, Blackburn have all seen European football in recent years on the back of lowish gates and minimal stadium redevelopment.

If I am a miserable fecker for wanting money spent on retaining young players and signing good pros to the squad rather than 10,000 dubious seats, then yes I am a miserable fecker. Pretty sure I support a football team not a property development portfolio.

But hey, that's miserable old me.

And you seem to want to chew the fat on a topic just so long as everyone agrees with you. Anyone that says - hang on, this really is a long, long, long way off and don't we need to hit some KPIs first - gets labelled as being a miserable sod.

I didn't realise that wa nk ing off on an internet message board about having 46k capacity football stadium was the last word on "enjoying yourself".

Utter fu cking plank.

You make yourself look a bigger feckin arsehole with every post... its not about accepting various opinions - this began with your condesending, patonising BS grandstanding about your vastly superior economic expertise, and trying to belittle anyone who was 'enthusiasic' about the concept. Oh and the comment on enjoying yourself was not in reference to internet message boards - the fact that you seem make that link suggests you need to get more...

Arse aching drivel it may be, but then I dont come on here pretending to be a prize winning journo known for my prose, so what the feck do you expect? Pulitzer prize winning insight? SO DONT FECKIN READ IT, and DONT respond if it upsets your fragile ego so much... although for one so intellectually gifted, I would have though you would be above such trivial musings.... see thats what this is .. triaval musings, thoughts, ideas, not indepth analysis of the feasibilty or level of realism in Saints path to the Champions league... if you are too sensitive for this, just f uck off and do something else more enjoyable for you.

You make yourself look a bigger feckin arsehole with every post... its not about accepting various opinions - this began with your condesending, patonising BS grandstanding about your vastly superior economic expertise, and trying to belittle anyone who was 'enthusiasic' about the concept. Oh and the comment on enjoying yourself was not in reference to internet message boards - the fact that you seem make that link suggests you need to get more...

Arse aching drivel it may be, but then I dont come on here pretending to be a prize winning journo known for my prose, so what the feck do you expect? Pulitzer prize winning insight? SO DONT FECKIN READ IT, and DONT respond if it upsets your fragile ego so much... although for one so intellectually gifted, I would have though you would be above such trivial musings.... see thats what this is .. triaval musings, thoughts, ideas, not indepth analysis of the feasibilty or level of realism in Saints path to the Champions league... if you are too sensitive for this, just f uck off and do something else more enjoyable for you.

Tell your mate Mr Watertight Wes that this is a forum for trivial musings. He's trying to cross examine my backside like he's Rumpole of the freaking Bailey.

I don't think I am being sensitive - you're bawling into your beer about not being as clever as I am. Cheer up Frank, it just wasn't meant to be for you.

Frank, it is gratifying that most of the posters on here accept the sensible arguments put forward for expansion of the stadium and welcome the show of ambition by our owners that it entails. Of course, it could be that the few dissenting voices are right and the majority are wrong; but I very much doubt it. When people who put forward counter arguments and then have to attempt to belittle any dissent by petty insults, then you know that they lack maturity and feel insecure about their position. Patronising their opponents is also indicative of this too.

You asked what he does for enjoyment, especially in the company of others. Well this is what he does for enjoyment in the company of others. He thinks he's winding us up, not realising that some of that is going the other way. ;)

That's funny, because my alternative suggestion - keep pushing up the average price per seat to sweat value out of this phenomenal demand you all think we have - is not something you want to discuss mainly because of how it will push fans away. Although apparently now you say 99.99% fans are not worried about ticket price and that "it's not all about the price on the ticket".

My alternative suggestion assumes just as much success on the pitch as yours, and also frees up cash to spend on players and the academy because we are not saddled with infrastructure we really don't need. Fulham, Stoke, Blackburn have all seen European football in recent years on the back of lowish gates and minimal stadium redevelopment.

If I am a miserable fecker for wanting money spent on retaining young players and signing good pros to the squad rather than 10,000 dubious seats, then yes I am a miserable fecker. Pretty sure I support a football team not a property development portfolio.

But hey, that's miserable old me.

You just dont get it do you... I never said fans are not worried about the price of a ticket, I said they are not demanding cheaper ones - there is an important and subtle difference - what fans want when a club has success and tickets are at a premium is access to a ticket. Access is possible either through appropriate capacity or through a pricing policy that does not exclude certain social groups. HYPERTHETICALLY, IF demand is very high (based on reasonable assumptions that if we do reasonably OK in the next coupe of seasons) we will sell out more frequently, access will be restricted both due to capacity AND a minimum price that excludes some fans...

So how do you make that judgement call? You look at the total revenue per seat - in a larger stadium you can have a larger range - some higher priced seats, some lower, than if we were maxing out at 32k - STILL yielding a greater return... IF there is sufficient demand - Know one knows if there will be, as for most the premise for expansion ASSUMES there would be.

Yes some have suggested that demand can be created, which may or may not be possible, others have suggested that long term planning should include this now as rising costs of infrastructure development mean ift may be more cost effctive to do this sooner rather than later, even if it meant 8k empty seats for several years (MK DONS did exactly that, knowing it would be cheaper in the long term, but that it woudl take success and maybe 20 years before they attract those numbers) ... what is so irrational about discussing such options??

Tell your mate Mr Watertight Wes that this is a forum for trivial musings. He's trying to cross examine my backside like he's Rumpole of the freaking Bailey.

I don't think I am being sensitive - you're bawling into your beer about not being as clever as I am. Cheer up Frank, it just wasn't meant to be for you.

Keep em comming - with every sentence you erode any possible belief in your intellect. I have no idea how clever or otherwise you really are, because if left to interpreting that form your posts, its bordering on idiot... You have no idea how clever or otherwise I am, but it obviously makes you feel better to assume its low... you can have that on me.

We're not Sunderland in 1995. More recently Sunderland blew our average attendance out of the water last time they were in the second tier. Sunderland historically have a history of far bigger attendances than we have ever had.

We're not Sunderland in 1995 who were moving out of an old tired stadium to a new one. We're not Sunderland in 1995.

We are not Sunderland in 1995.

Season tickets are, aside from television revenues, the single most important revenue stream for any club. Being that TV revenues below the Prem are middling to poor, season ticket revenues are the single most important revenue stream for every club below the top tier. I don't care what you think about Sunderland in 1995, it's a pi ss weak response to a pretty universal truth in football. The fact you need to pick away at it shows how pathetic and petty you are.

Sunderland have been in the 2nd tier for 3 seasons in recent years. Attendances were approx 27k, 28k, 31k. Ours will be approx 26k this season.

Blown out of the water, I think not, better yes! Better by over 5k most recently, so how about we knock 5k off their stadium capacity = approx 43k. There you have it a 43k stadium is plenty big enough so to be on the cautios side we will only expand to 40k.

I will let the builders know ;).

My arguments aren't "watertight" on an internet discussion forum. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Didn't realise this was the formal planning application process.

The club in its current guise can and will do what they like, whatever they do will prove me neither right or wrong. I am just dishing out my opinion on what I think are good or bad ideas and expressing some rationale for it.

I'll keep dishing it out, and my god I'll do it funnier than you time and time and time again. You love me.

You are not funny, well possibly in the peculiar sense.

Sunderland have been in the 2nd tier for 3 seasons in recent years. Attendances were approx 27k, 28k, 31k. Ours will be approx 26k this season.

Blown out of the water, I think not, better yes! Better by over 5k most recently, so how about we knock 5k off their stadium capacity = approx 43k. There you have it a 43k stadium is plenty big enough so to be on the cautios side we will only expand to 40k.

Nah... personnaly I believe we need 80K, 40k for fans leaving plenty of room to accommodate Prof. Fry's ego

So let's take our top attendance in the last 10 years in th championship of 26k and Sunderlands in the same league over the same period of 31k. Sunderland highest is 17% higher than ours. Sunderlands average attendance this season in the premier league is 38k. Using the same ratio that our attendance will be 17% less than theirs our average will be 31,540 in the premier league. No need to expand. No look at Sunderland and what they are doing. No need to expand. Their attendances and our attendances follow the same pattern. No need to expand. No need to expand. Thanks for proving my point. No need to expand.

So let's take our top attendance in the last 10 years in th championship of 26k and Sunderlands in the same league over the same period of 31k. Sunderland highest is 17% higher than ours. Sunderlands average attendance this season in the premier league is 38k. Using the same ratio that our attendance will be 17% less than theirs our average will be 31,540 in the premier league. No need to expand. No look at Sunderland and what they are doing. No need to expand. Their attendances and our attendances follow the same pattern. No need to expand. No need to expand. Thanks for proving my point. No need to expand.

Its just a discussion Turkish... nothing to see here, no one getting irritated or unpleasent.

I really do think that expansion is not just about extra seats but is for corporate and other revenue incomes. This is where the money is and extra seats that only get filled in big games or on a cheap seats scheme is just a bonus. Why are people on here so concerned about whether we will fill them every week when the real reason for them being built is to make money for the club in other areas. Shouldn't we be discussing what NCs vision for the expansion might be? Corporate boxes, shops, conferance rooms, hotel......the list is endless.

Its just a discussion Turkish... nothing to see here' date=' no one getting irritated or unpleasent.[/quote']

F*ck me a Franks Cousin post that isn't a minimum of 1000 words. Using your own "look at Sunderland" logic there is no need to expand.

I really do think that expansion is not just about extra seats but is for corporate and other revenue incomes. This is where the money is and extra seats that only get filled in big games or on a cheap seats scheme is just a bonus. Why are people on here so concerned about whether we will fill them every week when the real reason for them being built is to make money for the club in other areas. Shouldn't we be discussing what NCs vision for the expansion might be? Corporate boxes, shops, conferance rooms, hotel......the list is endless.

We filled around 17-20 corporate boxes this season. We stumbled to sell them for Pompey. We havent yet sold them all for Coventry. W do we need more?

Never mentioned Snderland once... you are mistaking me for someone else

Apologies. I just assumed you'd be jumping on that bandwagon with Wes Ender. I thought this was one of the "sensible arguments" he was referring too.

And when we sell them out again then we can look at more. Why do we need more when we can only sell half of what we've got?

Thats what I'm saying. If we do sell out again and need to build more then a natural consequence of that is more seats.

No need to expand!

There was no need to improve the training facilities, but the club want them to be amongst the best!

There was no need to buy better players, but the club wantto be among the best!No

There was no need for new turnstiles, but the club want to have some of the best!

There was no need for Markus & Nicola to purchase SFC, but they want us to be amongst the best!

There is no need to expand the stadium, but the club want it to be amongst the best ;).

Does anyone know what other revenue streams an expanded stadium could generate.

Stamford bridge has a hotel.

I have taken 3 OU exams at St Marys

All these generate income on non match days

Problem is revenues for hotels can be large but margins can be tight - and would you stay in one if visting Southamption attached to a ffotball stadium opposite a gravel works?

I think we should just build a 60K seater stadium. People will come from all over the word just to see it; just like many people travel to Barcelona to see their stadium.

If we built a 60K stadium, people from Devon and Cornwall would flock to see us, instead of going to see Man United. Its the size of stadium that will ultimately define us; no club has ever built a stadium and not been able to fill it.

We have a massive catchment area; it stretches down to the West country, up to Basingstoke and all of the counties surrounding us. A huge market.

Anyone who thinks we wouldn't fill a 60K stadium is naive. People who say that are the same type that said man would never climb Everest, or man would never walk on the moon.

Build it, and they will come. Who gives a f*ck how we pay for it.

I think we should just build a 60K seater stadium. People will come from all over the word just to see it; just like many people travel to Barcelona to see their stadium.

If we built a 60K stadium, people from Devon and Cornwall would flock to see us, instead of going to see Man United. Its the size of stadium that will ultimately define us; no club has ever built a stadium and not been able to fill it.

We have a massive catchment area; it stretches down to the West country, up to Basingstoke and all of the counties surrounding us. A huge market.

Anyone who thinks we wouldn't fill a 60K stadium is naive. People who say that are the same type that said man would never climb Everest, or man would never walk on the moon.

Build it, and they will come. Who gives a f*ck how we pay for it. ;)

Corrected it for those whose head it may pass over

No need to expand!

There was no need to improve the training facilities, but the club want them to be amongst the best!

There was no need to buy better players, but the club wantto be among the best!No

There was no need for new turnstiles, but the club want to have some of the best!

There was no need for Markus & Nicola to purchase SFC, but they want us to be amongst the best!

There is no need to expand the stadium, but the club want it to be amongst the best ;).

BUT BUT BUT look at Sunderland!!! they are what we should model ourselves on!!!! Look at their season ticket holders in 1995!!! Look at their attendances!!! Oh we have. no need to expand.

Problem is revenues for hotels can be large but margins can be tight - and would you stay in one if visting Southamption attached to a ffotball stadium opposite a gravel works?

Nope as SMS current location wouldn't suit a hotel but is this why NC talked of a possible new build somewhere else? I'm sure he is exploring all possibilities.

Maybe more corporate suites is a money maker? As I said before I have already used one of the suites 3 times for exams? Its not all about match day income with corporate facilities.

BUT BUT BUT look at Sunderland!!! they are what we should model ourselves on!!!! Look at their season ticket holders in 1995!!! Look at their attendances!!! Oh we have. no need to expand.

No need for you to be such a buffoon and figure of fun, but you obviously want to! ;)

Don't forget Chelsea. They went from small attendances in the past to where they are now. They should be our example. All they did was increase their stadium capacity, and look at them now.

Quite why we aren't building a bigger stadium right now is just stupid. Big stadium = big club. Its a proven fact, time and time again.

Correct if we just look at attendances right now and nothing else or if we never want to get better as a club. Its a good job NC is exploring all the other avenues of expansion including attendances. If we do expand it definitely wont be just to add a few extra seats.

Nope as SMS current location wouldn't suit a hotel but is this why NC talked of a possible new build somewhere else? I'm sure he is exploring all possibilities.

Maybe more corporate suites is a money maker? As I said before I have already used one of the suites 3 times for exams? Its not all about match day income with corporate facilities.

Yes, but if that was the case be more cost effctive just to find a site to build a hotel... not a new stadium.

All commercial opportunities will be explored, we know that. Ticket pricing will be looked at and likely to go up a bit as demand is higher.. expansion? who knows, could be good if funding available, could we fill it? Depends on product/success....

Lets be honest though as well, desire for stadium expansion is also driven by ego - it says 'biger club' -etc, and I am sure NC is not immune to that either - Thing is it gets more expensive year on year so my question is more to the fans... do we have enough who will go to make it a possibility? We all like to lord it up over other clubs about size etc/fan base, but the truth may be we different to our expectations. All I would say is I dont know what's possible, but economically it would make sense if we could for obvious reasons.

Yes, but if that was the case be more cost effctive just to find a site to build a hotel... not a new stadium.

All commercial opportunities will be explored, we know that. Ticket pricing will be looked at and likely to go up a bit as demand is higher.. expansion? who knows, could be good if funding available, could we fill it? Depends on product/success....

Lets be honest though as well, desire for stadium expansion is also driven by ego - it says 'biger club' -etc, and I am sure NC is not immune to that either - Thing is it gets more expensive year on year so my question is more to the fans... do we have enough who will go to make it a possibility? We all like to lord it up over other clubs about size etc/fan base, but the truth may be we different to our expectations. All I would say is I dont know what's possible, but economically it would make sense if we could for obvious reasons.

Well said

I'm not saying NC is thinking of building a hotel/stadium just using that as an example of a possible revenue income other than match days. NC is a clever cookie when it comes to finance and I bet he is not just looking at match day ticket sales as the reason to expand.

Knew you would see the light :D. We shall not commence expansion until the end of next season then ;).

If you care to check my history on this subject then you'll see I've always said if we sell out for a couple of seasons turn thousands away every week and have a waiting list for season ticket holders then expansion will be needed. *inserts gay emoticon *

I just get the feeling that NC is not happy with SMS which is why he talked of a possible move. Why is this??? If he was just looking at ticket sales for the extra income after expansion then its ideal as its a cheap and cheerful newish stadium with footings already place for expansion.

Just trying to think outside the box and am fishing for anyones ideas.

Don't forget Chelsea. They went from small attendances in the past to where they are now. They should be our example. All they did was increase their stadium capacity, and look at them now.

Quite why we aren't building a bigger stadium right now is just stupid. Big stadium = big club. Its a proven fact, time and time again.

Indeed. Chelsea only got 13k in 1982 and look at them go now. We should just build a 100k stadium. We'd win the champions league every season if only we had a stadium of that size.

If you care to check my history on this subject then you'll see I've always said if we sell out for a couple of seasons turn thousands away every week and have a waiting list for season ticket holders then expansion will be needed. *inserts gay emoticon *

I agree I don't want to see a thousands of empty seats week in week out but I'd like to see us breaking to mould by having a stadium that makes money in other ways that can help pay for the running costs and any expansions.

Utter fu cking plank.

Lol. Quality.

I'm not at all sure I agree with you.

But that was a great post and genuinely made me laugh out loud.

(I feared for a second that a 46K capacity might have an unbecoming effect on me!)