St Mary's - What we might expect to see happen (and possibly announced soon)...

Matthew Le God

No you're absolutely right, in as much as he said we would never do it, he also said we would do it soon, should expect it soon, should see an announcement soon.

As in, he didn't do any of that.

Loool i see what ur saying there - I ain't buying it tho! If my nan said she was looking at buying a stannah stair left I'd accept that as evidence she might buy a stannah stair lift. Dunno if I'd go as far as to expect it soon tho. They're pretty pricey.

I didn't read most of what you said as as usual I got bored after about 3 lines but if you are saying there is no evidence that we don't need to expand now but might in the future if we can sell out regularly in the premier league for a couple of seasons then I agree and is exactly what I've said all along.

you need to work on your attention span - it is indeed what most advocating expansion have also been saying - the disagreements seem to be about timeframe, and value expansion provides - ticket pricing and other guff....

So when a court uses eye witness accounts, it is not evidence? Remember you are the one that said "no evidence" what so ever.

Are you saying these fans dinners don't happen, even though the club spokesman has confirmed that they do?

It is not eyewitness as it was not said to you. You heard (or read) someone said that they had heard it. In this case it would not even be admissible to Jeremy Kyle let alone court.

So when a court uses eye witness accounts, it is not evidence? Remember you are the one that said "no evidence" what so ever.

Are you saying these fans dinners don't happen, even though the club spokesman has confirmed that they do?

You still have no evidence. Give it up.

Loool i see what ur saying there - I ain't buying it tho! If my nan said she was looking at buying a stannah stair left I'd accept that as evidence she might buy a stannah stair lift. Dunno if I'd go as far as to expect it soon tho. They're pretty pricey.

If she's interested I know a man like... good deal before the 2013 prices kick in - depends her stair shape like

It is not eyewitness as it was not said to you. You heard (or read) someone said that they had heard it. In this case it would not even be admissible to Jeremy Kyle let alone court.

You still have no evidence. Give it up.

We started to hear from witnesses of the fans dinners before the clubs spokesman confirmed that they were happening. If it were the other way round you might say the fans made it up as they knew about the fans dinners. However the fans were reporting on them before it was confirmed they were taking place so how did they know?

So are you accusing people like Spudgun and others of lying to us? What do they gain from that?

you need to work on your attention span - it is indeed what most advocating expansion have also been saying - the disagreements seem to be about timeframe' date=' and value expansion provides - ticket pricing and other guff....[/quote']

You need to work on getting to the point.

Most are saying that but MLG isn't. He constantly quotes these stats about what Wolves are doing, Chelsea got in 1984 and if Southampton was in Italy to back up his bollix that we need to expand now.

MLG, ever heard the phrase "plausible deniability"?

That's my impression of these dinners, sure they take place, but there's no recording of what happens, who says what, etc, so if something outlandish gets out in the general public that turns out to be nonsense, the club can simply say "that's never been the plan, nobody ever said such a thing". After all, who's going to take the word of a fan plucked at random to attend over the person who is actually in charge of making the decisions?

I remember last year sometime, someone claimed Cortese had basically revealed how much one of our first-team players was earning. Either that person was making it up, or Cortese was incredibly unprofessional in revealing such information (or, perhaps, he "revealed" a fictional number), which given his banking background seems somewhat unlikely.

I wouldn't take comments that come second or third-hand from someone who's been plied with beer and wine all evening at one of these dinners to be gospel, to be honest.

If she's interested I know a man like... good deal before the 2013 prices kick in - depends her stair shape like

Cheers bro! The stairs are shaped like a bit goes up then a bit goes back then a bit goes up and repeat x like 30 times. I ain't sure if it's going ahead tho we're waiting to see what her sister in Wolverhampton does first.

We started to hear from witnesses of the fans dinners before the clubs spokesman confirmed that they were happening. If it were the other way round you might say the fans made it up as they knew about the fans dinners. However the fans were reporting on them before it was confirmed they were taking place so how did they know?

So are you accusing people like Spudgun and others of lying to us? What do they gain from that?

No one is denying the dinners happened. The argument (or wind up) here is that there has or has not been any evidence provided. So far on this thread there has only been hearsay provided, which can not be submitted in court. To have actual evidence you will have to bring one of your earwitnesses forward, have them sworn in, possibly sign a statement, have that witnessed by 2 independent upstanding members of the community (so not Turkish). Then and only then have you presented evidence.

Edited by Tokyo-Saint

MLG, ever heard the phrase "plausible deniability"?

That's my impression of these dinners, sure they take place, but there's no recording of what happens, who says what, etc, so if something outlandish gets out in the general public that turns out to be nonsense, the club can simply say "that's never been the plan, nobody ever said such a thing". After all, who's going to take the word of a fan plucked at random to attend over the person who is actually in charge of making the decisions?

I remember last year sometime, someone claimed Cortese had basically revealed how much one of our first-team players was earning. Either that person was making it up, or Cortese was incredibly unprofessional in revealing such information (or, perhaps, he "revealed" a fictional number), which given his banking background seems somewhat unlikely.

I wouldn't take comments that come second or third-hand from someone who's been plied with beer and wine all evening at one of these dinners to be gospel, to be honest.

These are all very good points.

So once again we conclude that there is no evidence to suggest we 'might expect to see' anything 'happen' and nothing to be 'possibly announced soon'.

When you put it like that it'll be a piece of pee. We averaged 20,982 in 2009/10 in League One, with this season's 26,149 in the Championship you're clearly illustrating there are about 6,000 people who want to watch football in a division higher. Fat segregation will take care of the wet fannies, whatever that means.
No-one is saying we won't sell out plenty of games in the Prem.

What evidence?

Read the thread homie! It's all laid out there for the courts! MLG is calling Nicola Cortese but I think he might take the fifth, and then he's going to call "Spudgun and others" if he can find out their real names and what not.

You council for the prosecution? Who you calling?

I'll be judge. I can provide my own wig and hammer!

Cheers bro! The stairs are shaped like a bit goes up then a bit goes back then a bit goes up and repeat x like 30 times. I ain't sure if it's going ahead tho we're waiting to see what her sister in Wolverhampton does first.

Cool - ordinary stairs then - wont bore you tread depth details at this stage, as we are only talkin feasibilty, but looks possible... how much use will it get though? She got a downstairs bog or is she up and down on her old legs 20 times a day (know how these old dames are and its costs a fortune in incontinence pants) - if so, might wnat to consider installing sooner than later what with costs rising, legs aching and bladder breaking.. if you worried about cost effctiveness, well we can do you a finance plan over 10 years, works out all round, if she's 'relegated' always adds value for the owners...like... no pressure mind

It appears I speak for Crazy Diamond as well. Although I am disappointed nobody picked up on my hear say/pure and simple pun.

I did, I'm only just catching up though. Also this thread is removing my will to make it to Saturday.

To be fair to MLG though - think everyone knows that this is less about what who said and more about ambition - its natural to get excited about potential growth, get carried awayby the positive vibes and when you do ocnsider the gate back in 2003, had we built on that we could well be on te way to expansion now, if not already - You cant base this purely on what if we get relagted etc... that happens - this is about providing access for those that want to go if the product is good enough and the price is right... end of teh day fans wanting growth for the club is a good thing surely?

Cool - ordinary stairs then - wont bore you tread depth details at this stage' date=' as we are only talkin feasibilty, but looks possible... how much use will it get though? She got a downstairs bog or is she up and down on her old legs 20 times a day (know how these old dames are and its costs a fortune in incontinence pants) - if so, might wnat to consider installing sooner than later what with costs rising, legs aching and bladder breaking.. if you worried about cost effctiveness, well we can do you a finance plan over 10 years, works out all round, if she's 'relegated' always adds value for the owners...like... no pressure mind[/quote']

Finance deal sounds tempting but i wouldn't say she's got 10 years left in her. If she don't make it would the Stannah people be a secured debt or are they subject to CVA? We might struggle to get new owners if not.

Brighton extending their stadium. Up to 30,000 by August 2013.

This, like MK Dons, is a cheap expansion factored into the original costs - in Brighton's case by having laughably small ends when first built and gaps in the corners of the stadium, at Stadium:MK by having an empty tier up in the Gods that will only get filled for concerts even when they do put seats on it.

Saints would have to destroy and rebuild and are unable to take advantage of economies of scale (e.g. it's a lot cheaper to add more seats when you're already adding lots of seats) and that's much more costly than just sticking some stuff in the gaps which were designed that way in the first place.

Wolves, who are in a comparable position, have made expanding the stadium in vaguely ridiculous ways an art form. I remember on separate occasions they've

* built a new stand behind an old stand

* housed fans in a stand which was in line with the side of an existing stand

* rotated their pitch

* built a new stand in front of an old stand

* just completed an expansion just as they get relegated from the Prem (last week).

Anyway, this is still bloody boring.

Finance deal sounds tempting but i wouldn't say she's got 10 years left in her. If she don't make it would the Stannah people be a secured debt or are they subject to CVA? We might struggle to get new owners if not.

This bloke is from somewhere down the M27, not sure where like exactly but he reckons once its installed, and if she croaks - dont worry about paying the stannah people, just get the best use possible , wizz up and down she will, envy of her mates and - well they'll all think shes loaded, but we'll know its just a nice way to buy now...pay never ... dont worry about any debt mate if she cat afford to pay it back, we'll draw up a nice litle contract that says you own the house as we know posession is 9/10th' of a creative accountants law....did I say law, meant 'guideline', so it is. Anyway if they get really heavy we can just ask her mates to chip in a few quid - heard everyone loves her, best gran in the world an all that, can always use that cash to give stannah a crumb... dont worry mate, we'll make sure they're fecked over good an proper

If we want to expand before the Rugby world cup, then we should look towards starting work next year by laying ground work in my view. But if we wanted to do it later, then it may cost more to get the same results.

Not sure why we need to expand for Tonga v Romania or whatever sh i t ty games we get.

If we want to expand before the Rugby world cup, then we should look towards starting work next year by laying ground work in my view. But if we wanted to do it later, then it may cost more to get the same results.

Apart from the Rugby World Cup preventing building work at St Mary's during that time in 2015, it will have no bearing on any decision to increase capacity. There is not a lot of money to be made hosting very minor games at a Rugby World Cup, it is very different to hosting the Football European Championships or FIFA World Cup.

I want to know where the evidence is of an expansion not happening. At the end of the day NC will do his research regarding timings, finance, seating, costs, corporate revenues etc. if its right to expand he will if it's not he won't. There seems to be a lot of people on here who seem certain they know that expansion is not good for the club right now. So I ask again where is the evidence for this and please don't say because we only got 18000 at this cup game......as I think there is a bit more to it than that. The fact that he may have said at a dinner or two that he's looking into it means it MAY be in the balance. If this is pure fiction it doesn't matter as I'd be very surprised if he's wasn't looking into the figures of whether it was feasible. I'd expect him as a banker to look at all potential revenue streams.

I want to know where the evidence is of an expansion not happening. At the end of the day NC will do his research regarding timings, finance, seating, costs, corporate revenues etc. if its right to expand he will if it's not he won't. There seems to be a lot of people on here who seem certain they know that expansion is not good for the club right now. So I ask again where is the evidence for this and please don't say because we only got 18000 at this cup game......as I think there is a bit more to it than that. The fact that he may have said at a dinner or two that he's looking into it means it MAY be in the balance. If this is pure fiction it doesn't matter as I'd be very surprised if he's wasn't looking into the figures of whether it was feasible. I'd expect him as a banker to look at all potential revenue streams.

THe fact that We aren't expanding is pretty clear evidence that we aren't, no?

Good post mate, you tell 'em! Where is the evidence! Where is it!

Good post mate, you tell 'em! Where is the evidence! Where is it!

There isn't any but isn't this forum about discussion? The what ifs of the next game. The what ifs of a stadium expansion etc. how ****ing boring would it be if we knew everything and had evidence for everything that was about to happen.

There isn't any but isn't this forum about discussion? The what ifs of the next game. The what ifs of a stadium expansion etc. how ****ing boring would it be if we knew everything and had evidence for everything that was about to happen.

So we agree then. There isn't any evidence that we won't expand, yes?

So we agree then. There isn't any evidence that we won't expand, yes?

100% agree. However theres no evidence at all that we won't either. At the moment there's a lot more rumours of expansion than not. I wasn't at the dinners but I have heard these rumours that something was said about a possible expansion from quite a few websites. But they may be just Chinese whispers, who knows.

100% agree. However theres no evidence at all that we won't either. At the moment there's a lot more rumours of expansion than not. I wasn't at the dinners but I have heard these rumours that something was said about a possible expansion from quite a few websites. But they may be just Chinese whispers, who knows.

So there isn't any evidence either way and the fact that the builders aren't getting their trowels and levels ready right now means we arent expanding right now, yes? So I guess Cortese wants to see if we sell out in the premier league first, yes?

There were a lot of rumours about man u extending again a couple years back to 80k + to make the whole stadium two tiered. The board looked into it and then come out with a statement that this was unlikely to happen in the near future as it would cost too much to build next to the railway. Not seen NC making any such claims yet admitst our stadium expansion rumours. Unless someone has evidence of this of course.

So there isn't any evidence either way and the fact that the builders aren't getting their trowels and levels ready right now means we arent expanding right now, yes? So I guess Cortese wants to see if we sell out in the premier league first, yes?

Hang on I'll just see if I can read NCs mind........nope can't do it. Im not saying it will be expanded.

There were a lot of rumours about man u extending again a couple years back to 80k + to make the whole stadium two tiered. The board looked into it and then come out with a statement that this was unlikely to happen in the near future as it would cost too much to build next to the railway. Not seen NC making any such claims yet admitst our stadium expansion rumours. Unless someone has evidence of this of course.

Its great that NC isn't like the Glaziers isn't it.