Nicolai Boilesen

S-Clarke

Left back according to Wiki and an article saying Newcastle were after him in May.

http://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2012/05/blogs/newcastle-after-dane-who-turned-down-manchester-united

Boilesen started his career at Brondby before moving onto Ajax in 2010, and in his two seasons in Holland has only managed a dozen or so appearances for the senior side at the Amsterdam-based club.

That’s largely due to injury, with Boilesen tearing his hamstring back in September. That kept him out for around five months and is still causing him trouble, so Newcastle would have to give him a a thorough medical if they were to make a move for him

Edited by goneawol

Didn't the mirror post an article last week about how they source their transfer rumours? It's all from contacts close to the player, agent, club - some planted for whatever reason, but they don't pick it up from football rumours.

We've scouted holland heavily over the last 2 years, so can be sure there is probably something in this.

Looks too good on the clips, and is too young and promising for Ajax to let go in my view. Unless they are strapped for cash, but with potential Champions League campaign it seems unlikely.

Simon Peach seems to think he's available for whatever reason.

Looks too good on the clips, and is too young and promising for Ajax to let go in my view. Unless they are strapped for cash, but with potential Champions League campaign it seems unlikely.

Funnily enough I thought the early clips showed a decided tendency to go to ground a little too easily, but you can't really tell with this kind of thing.

Simon Peach seems to think he's available for whatever reason.

Well, good if he is. Don't we have a Dutch journalist contact now, on the back of the Buttner & Lens sagas ? Perhaps one of our twitterers can sound him out.

Edited by Badger

Ten appearances for Ajax. Five million quid.

Jees. We are definitely Premier League.

Chelsea are apparently willing to pay something similar for Shaw who is yet to make a senior appearances, other than a couple of sub appearances in the cup.

Walcott played 13 senior games before Arsenal paid £12m for him.

I guess if you've got clubs are willing to take a gamble, regardless of experience.

I'm not keen to revisit the last left back we signed from Ajax, but he drove a Hummer, nearly moved in next door to me, and was described as "clumsy" by an Ajax fan I spoke to at Euro 2004. As well as hoofing at Crouch at every opportunity and refusing to play in the Championship.

I know YouTube vids count for nothing but he looks decent,exactly the type of full back we need, a lot of those clips were in the last 20-30 mins of a game and he was still bursting down the wings,he may well of been a sub though so there is no telling.

I would be excited about this signing if it has any legs

If any of them are true and its not just some sport editors lacking copy that have noted our desperation and our conjuring up names out of nowhere.

I couldnt give a sh*t who we are allegedly playing footsie with, its who we sign that counts.

If any of them are true and its not just some sport editors lacking copy that have noted our desperation and our conjuring up names out of nowhere.

Why on earth would journalists be bothering to conjure names out of nowhere? We are talking about Southampton possibly signing a centre back or a left back.

No journalist breathing air is that desperate for copy.

What a world you live in.

Usual upbeat input from you. Most players have been injured before. This guy is fine now...

Sure about that ? Sorry, I didn't realise that you knew more than what has been already reported

Upbeat ??? About what ?

If we sign someone who can walk without the use of a stick, I'll be upbeat then, but most players we have been so far linked with have had, or are still carrying injuries.

Mind you, if you.ve still got your "I saw Charlie George play" badge, then fine

Shaw is supposedly our next sunshine boy who has already been noticed by the top 5 who would turn heads with salary offers. Staying with us is attractive if there is a short progression route to first team football. Put a £6 Mio 20-year old in front of you as well and that doesn't look so good. He can warm benches elsewhere for more.