Lallana to Spurs

Master Bates

Interesting statistic there - 3 goals in 31 matches!!

I realise he doesn't play as a main striker, but nonetheless, that's a pretty poor return

He's scored four goals (Derby, Brum, QPR and WBA), he's 20 years old playing his first full season in a highly competitive league.

Over the course of a season a player in his position should imo be contributing 10 goals and 10 assists, Lallana should easily get 10 assists and I think his goal scoring will sort it's self out with a bit of experience. He's getting into the right sort of positions he just fluffs quite a few shots.

While I agree he should have scored a few more this season, it's unfair to knock him for his goal return. The goals will come imo.

I would say it's far more likely that we will lose Schneiderlin and Kelvin in January....... this should bring in about 6-7 million which would hopefully make a difference to the dire situation we are in.

No doubt in the summer, Lallana and Surman may have to be sold but hopefully not.

Lets not forget that in the summer (if not before) we will likely be rid of Euell, Saga, Rasiak, Skacel, Davis, John and Thomas.........which will be a massive reduction on the wage bill though leaving us with no experience.

I would say it's far more likely that we will lose Schneiderlin and Kelvin in January....... this should bring in about 6-7 million which would hopefully make a difference to the dire situation we are in.

It will probably make a difference to the dire situation we are in, but possibly not in the way you meant. KD has been instrumental so far in at least keeping us above the dotted line in the league table, and we are almost always ineffective when MS is unavailable.

I can't believe that you think financially the sale of these 2 would bring in 6-7 million pounds. 2-3 would be optimistic.

Reference my post stating Lallana maybe heading to Fulham,this includes a former player returning to SFC,as player plus cash exchange.

Sorry but that is pure speculation. If it is a "done deal" as others have reported how come

(1) Lallana knows nothing about it

(2) as a consequence has not had any discussions about terms

(3) as a consequence has not signed a deal

(4) as as consequence it is not a done deal

As for someone coming the other way, that will increase the wage bill not reduce it. WE CANNOT AFFORD PREMIESHIP WAGES and the cash exchange will not help reduce our debt.

It is a non event.

No doubt in the summer, Lallana and Surman may have to be sold but hopefully not.

Lets not forget that in the summer (if not before) we will likely be rid of Euell, Saga, Rasiak, Skacel, Davis, John and Thomas.........which will be a massive reduction on the wage bill though leaving us with no experience.

The current team will have had a season of experience

Sorry but that is pure speculation. If it is a "done deal" as others have reported how come

(1) Lallana knows nothing about it

(2) as a consequence has not had any discussions about terms

(3) as a consequence has not signed a deal

(4) as as consequence it is not a done deal

As for someone coming the other way, that will increase the wage bill not reduce it. WE CANNOT AFFORD PREMIESHIP WAGES and the cash exchange will not help reduce our debt.

It is a non event.

I fully concur with the valid points you have made.

Just for arguments sake i really don't think Baird will command Premiership wages though.

And i only said "maybe".

Just for arguments sake i really don't think Baird will command Premiership wages though.

And i only said "maybe".

I mean it wouldn't be a bad deal though would it, a bit of cash, and Baird to shore up at RB or in central defence depending on whether we can keep Cork or not.I mean Lallana is obviously a decent player but sometimes you've got to take one for the team.

I mean it wouldn't be a bad deal though would it, a bit of cash, and Baird to shore up at RB or in central defence depending on whether we can keep Cork or not.I mean Lallana is obviously a decent player but sometimes you've got to take one for the team.

I totally agree,Baird is versatile and effective in both positions.

He is flawed,but what player isn't.

His final season for us he was superb,IMO.

But according to others,who are more well positioned to know than i,it isn't going to happen.

I would prefer this deal substantially to the one banded about ref Spurs.

Decent player plus a smaller sum of money would benefit all,barring Barclays and Lowe,unfortunatley.

will accept 2/3 million

Fulham seems a far more realistic destination IMO. Spurs already have one of the best "in the hole" players in the world and Modric is only a couple of years older than Lallana and on the right they've got Lennon and Bentley.

If we could get Baird as part of the deal with Fulham paying some of the wages, better than all of the money going to Barclays at least. In a perfect world we'd get Lallana back on loan till the summer but I doubt Fulham would do that.

And i only said "maybe".

As I understood it he trippled his wages when he went to Fulham. That doesn't sound like the type of wage we can afford now does it?

As for Lallana going to Spurs. What a load of rubbish. Arry got burned on the last multi million pound tranfer from the CCC and I doubt he will rush to do that again.

I think if we can get rid of even half of those then the banks might support us refusing offers on Lallana, Surman and Morgan. The bank will know that we need a team to compete and they also know that the further up the table we are the more revenue we will get. The support will go when we have a team that on paper should put us in the play-offs but on the pitch leaves us in a relegation battle.

So losing John, Rasiak, Thomas and Saga and a decent pull away from the drop zone between now and xmas might give us the breathing space we need this year. Sumer will be tough to go through though.

It is a fanzine site. Pure guess work. Lallana and his agent have not been contacted by anyone.

Devil's advocate alert....

If his agent is in the dark then perhaps his agent isn't doing his job properly?

Much as most of us dislike the activities of certain agents, isn't it an agent's job to be shop windowing their clients around likely candidates...Spurs being a prime one?

Just a thought (and no doubt a bad one at that !)

I think if we can get rid of even half of those then the banks might support us refusing offers on Lallana, Surman and Morgan. The bank will know that we need a team to compete and they also know that the further up the table we are the more revenue we will get. The support will go when we have a team that on paper should put us in the play-offs but on the pitch leaves us in a relegation battle.

So losing John, Rasiak, Thomas and Saga and a decent pull away from the drop zone between now and xmas might give us the breathing space we need this year. Sumer will be tough to go through though.

The bank unlike us posters would not be interested in the playing situation.

They are only interested that the overdraft should be reduced by an agreed amount.

Nothing is certain in football there is a remote possibilty that Lallana or Surman could be injured in Jan and not play again so the bank I would have thought will not be taking any risks

The bank unlike us posters would not be interested in the playing situation.

They are only interested that the overdraft should be reduced by an agreed amount.

Nothing is certain in football there is a remote possibilty that Lallana or Surman could be injured in Jan and not play again so the bank I would have thought will not be taking any risks

I know what your saying is more likly to be the case. Just wondering if we can shift the high earners and bring the gate reciepts up by xmas if that would give us any room to hold on to a few till the end of the season. If the bank strip us of all our tallent then we will be certain for the bottom 3 and as such administration. the bank wont get as much money out of us should we go that route.

I know what your saying is more likly to be the case. Just wondering if we can shift the high earners and bring the gate reciepts up by xmas if that would give us any room to hold on to a few till the end of the season. If the bank strip us of all our tallent then we will be certain for the bottom 3 and as such administration. the bank wont get as much money out of us should we go that route.

Things are probably not as bleak as you suggest you are probably right not all will be sold in January.

Since Lowe came back we have not been able to sell the old pros and now fans are getting upset that Surman and Lallana are going probably perhaps the strategy is working.

Things are probably not as bleak as you suggest you are probably right not all will be sold in January.

Since Lowe came back we have not been able to sell the old pros and now fans are getting upset that Surman and Lallana are going probably perhaps the strategy is working.

It wont get the fans to fill the stadium though which IMO was the only way we can help keep some of our players. My honest opinion is its too late for that to help now so even with a couple of good performances and results the gates wont increase enough to make the bank think again.

The problem is that our overdraft,even 6 million at 5% ,is increasing by about

840£ a day. So with home matches spaced at 14 day intervals each gap between home matches increases our overdraft by £11760, equivalent to

about 650 tickets sold (cos there are a lot of concessions).

We can't rely on gate increases alone to reduce the overdraft in any significant way. 1000 extra on the gate only knocks about 6500£ off the overdraft in a 14 day period.

As I understood it he trippled his wages when he went to Fulham. That doesn't sound like the type of wage we can afford now does it?

As for Lallana going to Spurs. What a load of rubbish. Arry got burned on the last multi million pound tranfer from the CCC and I doubt he will rush to do that again.

Exactly,at Fulham,He would not command here anything like what he is on there.

But that dosen't mean it would not be a good move for him.