Gasmi

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

You can normally tell how skillfull a player is when they're on the pitch before the game warming up. Players like Belmadi & Lallana always stood out before I ever saw them play.

On the flipside - You can tell when players aren't so great - Always remember seeing Kyle Critchell practicing before the Yeovil cup game a while ago - Couldn't trap the ball, or pass it for toffee.

You can normally tell how skillfull a player is when they're on the pitch before the game warming up. Players like Belmadi & Lallana always stood out before I ever saw them play.

On the flipside - You can tell when players aren't so great - Always remember seeing Kyle Critchell practicing before the Yeovil cup game a while ago - Couldn't trap the ball, or pass it for toffee.

Had you been a scout for us 20 odd years ago we may never have signed the hardworking and ultra keen warm up artist that was MLT. I get your point but you could never guage his skill pre match. He looked like a yawning non athlete that shouldnt have been there, but then that whistle did blow and poetic football did start.

Yeah, I remember Southampton Saint's women's football team juniors doing a demo before a game a few years ago. A lot better than the team I played for and VERY much better than me mate's work's team!

he was on for less than 10 mins on his debut ffs.

He had couple of ok touches but for a player to get hugely involved in last tens of game when its getting scrappy he would need a bit of luck.

No idea how good he is going to be but to criticise him for last night is ridiculous to the extreme.

Having seen him three times for the reserves and briefly for the first team, I can tell you he looks like he's lost a load of weight since his first game back, his style is very much like Lallana in terms of touch and skill, but he doesn't yet have the same fitness or workrate, and his form (especially his passing) has fluctuated massively between each game I've seen.

For instance he was bloody awful for the first 20 minutes for the reserves this week with his passes going all over the place, then her scored an excellent back-header from Thomson's floated cross and settled down a lot.

Looks keen to impress though and I think he's got a chance of starting in the competitive left midfield/left wing position or in the hole. Certainly has a creativity about him. In contrast I'm not at all convinced by Pulis whatever he's meant to be doing.

Being honest, the Jeff Winter lookalike didn't really do much, so hard to judge one way or the other.

He probably only got about 10 minutes and not sure if he touched the ball.

He's not very tall, that I can tell you.

Future (if any) signings need to consider height so we can win more headers and not be knocked off the ball. We look like midgets compared to other teams.

Future (if any) signings need to consider height so we can win more headers and not be knocked off the ball. We look like midgets compared to other teams.

Thats our youth academy, I rekon it must have been designed to only produce midgets so they could save a few quid getting kiddie length beds in. I've yet to see a normal size man emerge from the ranks.