Tonight's squad

ExSt Peter Saint

I can't believe Euell's not in there again! Does anyone know if he's injured? McG a slight doubt - wonder how we'd do without him for once. How many changes do you reckon for 2nd game in 24 hours?

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=11041

Must be awful to completely lose Sundays :)

2nd game in 53 hours more like

Can't believe Euell is not even in the squad. More nonsensical decisions from the Club (can't tell whether its JP or RL), just when we need a fresh pair of legs. I don't know why the OS can't be straight about this, or at least put up some lie about him being injured, but just to completely ignore him in the squad write-up is treating us like mushrooms again.

How very, very disappointing. JP is not learning from mistakes made - Lowe is not providing the support needed. Can only see a loss on the cards tonight I'm afraid and it might be a big one at that. Hate to feel dispondent and negative, but SFC are making it very easy at the moment....

Not allowed to play like Skacel...........

I imagine he's injured or not ready yet.

Not sure who plays up top with DMG. Maybe Robertson with Surman left wing? Paterson for a full game? Thomson right with BWP up top?

Skacel's playing tho... I really can't believe we think that someone will want to buy Euell in Jan?? Esp if he doesn't really play a few games to prove he doesn't need shoulder surgery and given the pretty huge wages he is on.

It's a strange one tho....

Personally I would like to see BWP and Euell up front in a 442.

What's all this sudden Euell hysteria about then.

Bloke has taken part in THREE whole games this season, got sent off in one of them.And he's become the nec plus ultra already.

Don't know what it is with you lads, whoever isn't in the squad is systematically our best (and most indispensable) player.

Edited by Window Cleaner

What's all this sudden Euell hysteria about then.

Bloke has taken part in THREE whole games this season, got sent off in one of them.And he's become the nec plus ultra already.

Don't know what it is with you lads, whoever isn't in the squad is systematically our best (and most indispensable) player.

And in those 3 games that hes played in the hole behind the main striker he has looked more dangerous than Lallana and McGoldrick have been playing in that position in the last 15 games. Plus he brings abit of physical presence sorely missing in midfield as well as experience. Remember McGoldrick saying after the Norwich game that Euell was constantly talking the other players through the games, encouraging, organising and leading by example. He may not be the best player in the squad but we do seem to play better with him in it.

And in those 3 games that hes played in the hole behind the main striker he has looked more dangerous than Lallana and McGoldrick have been playing in that position in the last 15 games. Plus he brings abit of physical presence sorely missing in midfield as well as experience. Remember McGoldrick saying after the Norwich game that Euell was constantly talking the other players through the games, encouraging, organising and leading by example. He may not be the best player in the squad but we do seem to play better with him in it.

Euell didn't play in the Norwich game.

I would think the real reason that Eyuell isn't in the squad(or anywhere near the team) is that he's a yard off the pace and Jan doesn't trust him not to get sent of again with another reckless(and unecessary) two footed tackle.

To clear up any confusion;

Euell came on as a sub after about an hour against Bristol City, played the whole game against Sheff U and got sent off after half an hour against

Wolves. No goals, no assists and 1 red card.

I would think the real reason that Eyuell isn't in the squad(or anywhere near the team) is that he's a yard off the pace and Jan doesn't trust him not to get sent of again with another reckless(and unecessary) two footed tackle.

Euell came on as a sub after about an hour against Bristol City, played the whole game against Sheff U and got sent off after half an hour against

Don't be such a plank. That challenge didn't even warrant a yellow card and you know it.

Well done, you got a response.

Don't be such a plank. That challenge didn't even warrant a yellow card and you know it.

Well done, you got a response.

According to the FA it did, no doubt you are a great expert in these matters

Benjii , he got a straight rad, appealed and it was upheld.

To me that says he made a bad tackle,no matter what you think.

Two feet off the ground=red card,mandatory,whether it was intentional or not;

The FA also think Prutton pushing the ref was twice as bad as Roy Keane deliberately ending Alf Inge Haaland's career.

It was never a red card.

The FA also think Prutton pushing the ref was twice as bad as Roy Keane deliberately ending Alf Inge Haaland's career.

It was never a red card.

Thank you.

The FA also thought Steve McLaren was a better choice for England manager than O'Neill or Scolari.

How very, very disappointing. JP is not learning from mistakes made - Lowe is not providing the support needed. Can only see a loss on the cards tonight I'm afraid and it might be a big one at that. Hate to feel dispondent and negative, but SFC are making it very easy at the moment....

So if Euell is injured and therefor not available how does that make it all JP/Lowes fault?

Anyway, assuming DMG is indeed injured, I'd go with this team -

-------------Davis---------------

James----Perry----Pearce----Surman

----------Cork---Morgan-----------

Thomson-----Lallana---------Skacel

--------------BWP---------------

Subs - forecast, wotton, robertson, paterson, mills.

I'd probably go with Pato leading the line and BWP in place of Thomson, but it's a nice looking team none-the-less.

The FA are never wrong. Fact.

Anyway, assuming DMG is indeed injured, I'd go with this team -

James----Perry----Pearce----Surman

----------Cork---Morgan-----------

Thomson-----Lallana---------Skacel

Subs - forecast, wotton, robertson, paterson, mills.

I like that team - although I'd nominally put Skacel at left back and 'drew left midfield with the pair swapping roles as needed.

I thought Lallana was wasted on the wing against Wednesday and looked far more threatening when he drifted inside.

I'm a bit worried that James might be a bit lightweight against Palace but the nice thing is with the players on the pitch you can rejig if there's issues:

Cork----Perry----Pearce----Skacel

----------Surman---Morgan-----------

James-----Lallana---------Thomson

Maybe even switch Lallana up alongside BWP in a straight 4-4-2

Edited by SaintDonkey

As usual you (choose to) miss the main point because it criticises your heroes. OK Euell is not in the squad. Fair enough. Most people with a modicum of understanding of football believe he should be (bit don't think hes the greatest thing since sliced bread), you don't thats your choice. But when the OS posts a Squad Update detailing all the players available/not available, why not mentioned Euell's status. If he is injured, fair enough say so, if he is not yet ready, say so, if Jan thinks he is a tosser for getting sent off and will never play him again, then say so. Don't just blank the supporters. Thats all. Its this treatment of supporters as mushrooms that feeds conspiracy theories, and the sooner Lowe and the OS team realise the better it will be for all, Lowe supporters and haters alike.

Edited by VectisSaint
typos

As usual you (choose to) miss the main point because it criticises your heroes. OK Euell is not in the squad. Fair enough. Most people with a modicum of understanding of football believe he should be (bit don't think hes the greatest thing since sliced bread), you don't thats your choice. But when the OS posts a Squad Update detailing all the players available/not available, why not mentioned Euell's status. If he is injured, fair enough say so, if he is not yet ready, say so, if Jan thinks he is a tosser for getting sent off and will never play him again, then say so. Don't just blank the supporters. Thats all. Its this treatment of supporters as mushrooms that feeds conspiracy theories, and the sooner Lowe and the OS team realise the better it will be for all, Lowe supporters and haters alike.

Indeed. They did the same with Skacel for the first couple of months of the season.....one or two passing mentions about him buried within other articles....not a dickie bird as to why he was being left out (whilst other 'unavailable' players were being written about)....and then...BANG...in the squad every match thereafter, his previous absence seemingly being swept under the carpet.

It does indeed give the impression that they are starting to be as incommunicado with Euell as they were with Skacel....

Just an observation. That's all

Good one Vectis, thoroughly agree!

Perhaps we will be informed about Euell in Lowes interview part 10.

I like that team - although I'd nominally put Skacel at left back and 'drew left midfield with the pair swapping roles as needed.

I thought Lallana was wasted on the wing against Wednesday and looked far more threatening when he drifted inside.

I'm a bit worried that James might be a bit lightweight against Palace but the nice thing is with the players on the pitch you can rejig if there's issues:

Cork----Perry----Pearce----Skacel

----------Surman---Morgan-----------

James-----Lallana---------Thomson

Maybe even switch Lallana up alongside BWP in a straight 4-4-2

Just hope BWP is high on confidence after his recent goals. Just fear he needs to many chances and isn't composed enough, please prove me wrong tonight Bradley.

Personally would rather see Patterson, I think he has the making of a good striker.

Just hope BWP is high on confidence after his recent goals. Just fear he needs to many chances and isn't composed enough, please prove me wrong tonight Bradley.

Personally would rather see Patterson, I think he has the making of a good striker.

Patterson on Saturday reminded me of McGoldrick at the begining of the season. Looked good when he was on the ball but made very little effort to chase down the 50 50 ball. As such he gave far too much time to Wednesday's defenders and keeper allowing them to build from the back.

Bradley does at least chase everything down when he is playing well, but I'll admit he does have a historic tendancy to go missing.

There's always the hope that with a few games and goals, the pressure will be less and the composure will come. I seem to remember the beginning of the play-off season BWP was scoring fairly regualrly alongside Rasiak...

But why is your post any more valid than WC's? Or his more valid than yours? Why does it have to be about criticising heroes?

I agree about having a dig at the OS for not informing us a little better but we could have a go at them about that every season since the OS was born and that includes the seasons that Lowe was out of the picture.

To jump on every slightest bit of negativity as if it is a conspiricy thought up by Lowe and his merry men is quite laughable and IMO takes away from the decent observation that the OS is a pile of Pooh at times.

There are plenty of other clubs I am sure that have an OS that only speaks the positives from within the club and im pretty sure Lowe is not there chairman.

If the club is dealing with something then its right that it does it behind closed doors and we find out when there is an outcome. If Skacel being kept out of the squad was down to his attitude or a conflict of ideas or what ever then it would have been much harder for him to be accepted back in the team should the differences get ironed out.

We all know that Euell has got better in the latter part of last season and also looked pretty good when he has played this season. But if he is not fully match fit or there is another issue then let the club sort it out 1 way or another and hopefully he will come back into the squad better for it.