Zaha or anyone else on loan in Jan?

Twiggy

Casual poster here, and first thread (ooo exciting) - fully expecting chaos and abuse to ensue!

Anyway

Zaha? Plays on the right I believe, so opposite to Lallana. Quick, young and English so would hopefully fit our mold. Rumoured that Newcastle are after him, but hopefully he would choose us.

Obviously the issue is where he would play, with that position on the right being filled by Rodriguez (i think?). But personally I think he would fit in quite well with MPs plans, providing Ponch doesn't have a daughter that is.

Anyone elses views on this?

No loans for me...who would we get that would improve our team otherwise what is the point just holds up development

of youth team.

Anyone who comes will have to fight for a place and anyone with any quality would auto expect a start otherwise might as well stay put.

Where would I strengthen.....Defoe.....if Osvaldo has not cracked it by then. Offers something different to what we have, proven goalscorer.

He is rumoured to have had a few hotel nights with the young Ms Moyes hence the lack of 1st team chances. I would take him in a heartbeat simply from his time at Palace.

What makes you think playing well in the Championship at Palace would mean he would play well for us in the Premiership?

If Zaha is not good enough for Man U, he's not good enough for Southampton but on principle loans are not good from clubs you are competing against as you can't use the player when you play the loaning club. That looks like giving an unfair advantage that should be avoided.

Should we have off loaded Lallana when we went up, you wouldn't want Tom Ince? Dont talk crap.

What the f*** are you on about ...why off load Lallana? Would you have kept Harding and Hammond then???

No I wouldn't want Tom Ince....he doesn't want to come South anyway if you took your head out of your ars8e you would know that.

What the f*** are you on about ...why off load Lallana? Would you have kept Harding and Hammond then???

No I wouldn't want Tom Ince....he doesn't want to come South anyway if you took your head out of your ars8e you would know that.

be fair, harding and hammond weren't outstanding performers in the championship Zaha was and is very comparable with Lallana only several years younger.

Ron it was and is a valid example, Lallana did well in the Championship and we took a chance on him performing in the PremierLeague by your logic, so why not Ince? Why not Zaha?

Example's, your argument is weak and poor.

Casual poster here, and first thread (ooo exciting) - fully expecting chaos and abuse to ensue!

Anyway

Zaha? Plays on the right I believe, so opposite to Lallana. Quick, young and English so would hopefully fit our mold. Rumoured that Newcastle are after him, but hopefully he would choose us.

Obviously the issue is where he would play, with that position on the right being filled by Rodriguez (i think?). But personally I think he would fit in quite well with MPs plans, providing Ponch doesn't have a daughter that is.

Anyone elses views on this?

The only times recently I've seen Zaha play is for England U21s and on that basis, no, I wouldn't want him on loan. Berahino and Redmond were both better all round players and agreeing with whoever said it, but I'd give Rowe and Sinclair a go first.

The exciting thing about why we wont be signing zaha, is nothing to do with anything posted so far and nothing to do withour "loan" policy, it's because at this point in time, Saints are a threat to Man utd, forget how much of a threat or for how long, but manu utd will not be loaning us any players that could help our cause.

No loans for me...who would we get that would improve our team otherwise what is the point just holds up development

of youth team.

Anyone who comes will have to fight for a place and anyone with any quality would auto expect a start otherwise might as well stay put.

Where would I strengthen.....Defoe.....if Osvaldo has not cracked it by then. Offers something different to what we have, proven goalscorer.

Agreed loans have to better than what we have already, lets continue improving first 11 rather than that old failed policy of adding lesser players to a squad

Anyway West Brom will take him if he's available on loan, they're always looking for everbody else's cast-offs on the cheap, by the by what has happened to scott sinclair, does he actually get a game or is he injured ?

Sinclair

Injured early on against Man Utd in September.

Hamstring and still out as off 19th October......probably not fully recovered/lacking match fitness?

Was not getting a lot of game time prior to loan to WBA...

Ron it was and is a valid example, Lallana did well in the Championship and we took a chance on him performing in the PremierLeague by your logic, so why not Ince? Why not Zaha?

Sorry, but I was under the impression that Lallana's been outstanding this season and pundits have been mentioning him for England... again...

Lallana or Ince? No brainer for me, Adam all day long...

Because if Man Utd would rather play the absolute tosh in Wellwide etc why would we drop Lallana for someone that they don't even want?

Why not Ince...because he would be a pain in the arse and doesnt want to move South and who would you drop in place of him?

I would rather we stick with proven players and our decent youth.

Your argument is rubbish because one doesn't even want to come here...the other is no better than what we have now and would mean we drop one of our better players...how is that even an argument?

- - - Updated - - -

be fair, harding and hammond weren't outstanding performers in the championship Zaha was and is very comparable with Lallana only several years younger.

So you advocate dropping Lallana for Zaha? Do you think he would come and play second fiddle ?

I dont see why we need to bring in unproven players ...we have our own like Rowe, Isgrove and maybe Sinclair

Edited by Give it to Ron
double post

Because if Man Utd would rather play the absolute tosh in Wellwide etc why would we drop Lallana for someone that they don't even want?

Why not Ince...because he would be a pain in the arse and doesnt want to move South and who would you drop in place of him?

I would rather we stick with proven players and our decent youth.

Your argument is rubbish because one doesn't even want to come here...the other is no better than what we have now and would mean we drop one of our better players...how is that even an argument?

- - - Updated - - -

So you advocate dropping Lallana for Zaha? Do you think he would come and play second fiddle ?

I dont see why we need to bring in unproven players ...we have our own like Rowe, Isgrove and maybe Sinclair

Did I read this thread wrong ?

I thought 'Give it to Ron' started by questioning why people thought Zaha would be good in the Premiership just because he was good in the championship, hence the comparisons with Lallana, Ince etc... Thought the reply fit the question. Why did we buy Clyne or Rodriguez or Fonte etc.... Their purchases were based on their games in the Championship and all of them are showing that they can perform in the Premier League.

That aside, I think that Zaha has potential to be a great player but I would agree with Ron when he said "No loans for me...who would we get that would improve our team otherwise what is the point just holds up development of youth team." I don't think Zaha would be a big improvement on what we have and prove to have a major impact (although if he was available for a cut price fee, I would consider a purchase so that he could be developed at the club over a longer period)

With the ambitions that SFC now have, should we even be looking at the loan market ?

If swf says no. I say yes.

Only a few months ago, townsend was deemed no where near good enough when suggested

The thing is, it's not that players like Zaha and Townsend are bad players. I'm not sure that these types of players will work with our system. It takes an enourmous amount of tactical awareness, concentration and technical ability to be able to play how we play, every player has to be willing and able to do it. Your typical pacey-skillfull touchline hanging winger wouldn't flourish in our team IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

If swf says no. I say yes.

Only a few months ago, townsend was deemed no where near good enough when suggested

The thing is, it's not that players like Zaha and Townsend are bad players. I'm not sure that these types of players will work with our system. It takes an enourmous amount of tactical awareness, concentration and technical ability to be able to play how we play, every player has to be willing and able to do it. Your typical pacey-skillfull touchline hanging winger wouldn't flourish in our team IMO.

I really believe our use of the loan system is virtually over - the concept of our development is written in stone as it were - the doors are open for them all they need is an opportunity and why should we develop other teams players - its like going out for burgers when you have steak in the fridge

He is rumoured to have had a few hotel nights with the young Ms Moyes hence the lack of 1st team chances. I would take him in a heartbeat simply from his time at Palace.

Come off it Bazza, he's pretty much the definition of everything you seem to dislike in a footballer, you'd be foaming at the mouth as he attempted his 10th failed nutmeg of the match.

Every time Zaha is discussed the word "raw" comes up, how long is he going to be described as "raw" for before "wasteful" becomes the best adjective for him?

All those opposed to us using the the loan system - presumably you would have same view regarding Lukaku?

Zaha is quality IMO and Moyes just hates attacking players and doesn't see him as a suitable son-in-law so not a quiet ion that he isn't good enough for UTd

Edited by whelk

If what i've said advocates dropping lallana, i've missed some context in this thread.

Barry was saying perhaps churlishly that if Zaha isn't good enough for us that Lallana might not have been so perhaps we should have ditched him.

Maybe you've misunderstood that to mean we should swap one for the other.

My point was Hammond and Harding, and now Isgrove, Rowe and Sinclair are not only unproven in the premier league, but unproven or unexceptional in the championship. I'd have Zaha over any one of this group of players but only if we had a realistic chance of signing him permanently.

wasting another post... apparently my point was that i would only take the loan on extremely faourable financial terms. I meant terms such as little or no salary conribution but option to buy with a realistic chance of the player consenting to the transfer would also be on my list.