Saints second only in possession to Swansea!

Roger

Isn't it great to see our side playing such attractive football. If they can get it right in the sunmer window then we'll be lethal. Just need to create more chances in possession and improve in finishing.

I love seeing teams like Arsenal and City struggling to get the ball off us. Much better than West Ham/Stoke football.

Just shows the possession means sod all, unless you turn it into goals. What is that the teams 9th and bottom half!

When I looked last the top 9 team in in possession, by some margin, were the top 9 in the league. The only exceptions were Swansea (and Newcastle, who are poor possession wise). Very strong correlation with success. Swansea are the exception.

When I looked last the top 9 team in in possession, by some margin, were the top 9 in the league. The only exceptions were Swansea (and Newcastle, who are poor possession wise). Very strong correlation with success. Swansea are the exception.

Don't know about that just basing it on the top 2 as per thread. I do not have the other teams possessions to hand.

You can hold it and control it all you like, but if you don't stick it in there then someone else will beat you to it. Then you are left with having to come from behind. I'd rather get in there quickly and often, let someone else worry about all that holding and stuff.

and how do they get 49.1%? cant remember last game we have not had majority of possession - prob Swansea at home

True, I have no idea where these figures are coming from, as you point out, we have most possession in nearly every game.

Just shows the possession means sod all, unless you turn it into goals. What is that the teams 9th and bottom half!

There was only this one until Wigan blew it last season... No team who achieve greater than 50% possession have been relegated from the PL.

Still not bad, only one team in 63!