Superbowl 2014. DEN v SEA

Rut

Who's watching the SB tonight then?

As a DEN fan I'm bricking it a bit but think that DEN will win easily. Bookies have DEN as a 2 point fav - can see them winning by way more than that. I just don't think SEA can match DEN for putting points on the board.

DEN to score 40+. SEA to score nowhere near that.

Away from all the 'stoner bowl' gags the facts do 100% say: if your State legalizes cannabis your NFL team will get to the Superbowl.

Booked tomorrow off work and looking forward to the game. Nice way to finish what has been an awesome weekend. Great game at the Cottage, beers and curry in London after, now the Superbowl...

Think Manning will be too good for the Seahawks, but I expect a close game.

Don't particularly like the seahawks -bunch of PED cheats- but on the whole I prefer good defenses to good offenses and the Seahawks are the unfashionable team of the two.

Have bad memories of my trip to Mile High Stadium last September, so wouldn't mind seeing them fall short, though Bailey deserves a ring. The Broncos won't get many more chances with Manning knocking on and a looming cap situation (Decker etc).

Didn't see that coming, though I thought the Broncos would struggle against aggressive man-to-man coverage (like they did against Indy in the regular season).

A very soft performance by the Broncos, typified by the way they opened both halves - you can't fall behind against a D like Seattle's so early. Hopefully Manning is cleared for one more run and the D gets back to health. Should be a much stronger AFC next season.

Edited by shurlock

As painful as that game was at least it never looked like Denver could win. ie be 20 points up in the 4th quarter and Seattle get 3 TD's. The last one from a hail mary with 5 seconds on the clock that gets a very dodge PI call. Lose by a point after looking certain to win. They are the *real* painful defeats.

At 15-0 just before HT Denver were in FG range. I thought at least get a FG here and go in 12 points down, surely the 2nd half can't be as bad. What happens? Ball is intercepted for a pick 6. 22-0. First play after HT - TD return. 29-0. Game over.

The strange is - I reckon if the game was played again next weekend Denver could well win it. Everything that could go wrong did yesterday. Was freakily bad.