Cork Vs Wanyama

Mr X

Thought a fit Big Vic would have made a massive difference yesterday.

Agreed. Lost count of the amount of times Cork was beaten in the air. Felt we needed that extra bit of muscle to counteract Stokes team of 'quality English footballers.'

Agreed. Lost count of the amount of times Cork was beaten in the air. Felt we needed that extra bit of muscle to counteract Stokes team of 'quality English footballers.'

I agree to an extent, however Stoke we're pushing fairly high up (prior to the final 15mins) and we got caught under too much pressure in our own box from goal kicks etc. With VW's distribution I could have seen them scoring from one of those instances; Cork has a nack of playing his way out of seemingly impossible situations.

Thought a fit Big Vic would have made a massive difference yesterday.

Agreed. It might have helped us establish our game*better in the first half. They won a lot of second ball in the middle of the park. Box's biggest strength is gobbling those up.

Second half, they sat back more and arguably Cork would've been more use but I think we needed to establish a stronger platform from the start yesterday.

Was also a shame Gallagher wasn't available as Lambert had a dreadful second half

I thought Jack Cork had one of his most ineffective games for quite some time yesterday, our central midfield in general just got a bit bullied and over-run by Stoke. Cork and Wanyama give us different options but I think VW might have been a better option yesterday.

I thought Jack Cork had one of his most ineffective games for quite some time yesterday, our central midfield in general just got a bit bullied and over-run by Stoke. Cork and Wanyama give us different options but I think VW might have been a better option yesterday.

Stange that VW didn't come on at all yesterday don't you think, might not even have been fit enough to play for 20 minutes then because we could certainly have done with something different in the 2nd half, even send him on instead of Lambert or JRod and use him as a battering ram in attack.

Didn't MP say he'd gotten a knock against Fulham ?

Stange that VW didn't come on at all yesterday don't you think, might not even have been fit enough to play for 20 minutes then because we could certainly have done with something different in the 2nd half, even send him on instead of Lambert or JRod and use him as a battering ram in attack.

Yep, I was expecting VW to come on at half time or shortly afterwards. It's very rare that our central midfield comes off second best but it did yesterday. I've got a lot of respect for Jack Cork as a player, I think he's superb. But yesterday he just wasn't at it and too often got bullied out of it.

Don't think it would have made much difference TBF - if anything would have slowed us down more and played further into Stoke's hands.

Still waiting to see the Vic who got goals at Celtic but that's in hope rather than expectation at the moment. After a horrible first half where we outbattled and did little to neutralise Adam spraying balls from deep, our midfield mostly took control in the second - probably because Stoke let us and dropped off, so there was no need to change things there.

Edited by shurlock