Saints Urban Myths?

chocco boxo

About Players and Supporters you heard of?

Was reading recently Channon was not missing on the pitch whilst watching the 3:05 at Newbury in the 70's?

Pretty sure thats true. Somewhere, I have a reference to that; if I can find it, I'll post a pic.

I've got some pretty hardcore ones of these around coke, tequila, nights at the Rhino, Student nights at Ikon, the late 90's/early 00's spice boys and some of the birds they used to **** that I knew. Bit too much for Mods though so will leave it at that.

ie Beatts ****ged your mum.

I've got some pretty hardcore ones of these around coke, tequila, nights at the Rhino, Student nights at Ikon, the late 90's/early 00's spice boys and some of the birds they used to **** that I knew. Bit too much for Mods though so will leave it at that.

PM!

Certainly on one occasion.

TBF he was hardly compos mentis away at Derby in the play-offs. Has anybody got a recording/You-tube of his pre-match interview on Sky?

One of the strangest football interviews you will ever see, I'd been on it since 4 o'clock and i reckon i was more sober at KO time.

Heres an urban myth, although this one is 100% true and a little (a lot) off topic

Back in the late 90s myself and a couple of friends, feeling the worse from many beers, were passing by the Dell, when we noticed they were doing renovations, with metal fencing keeping the rift raft out...so, obviously, we slipped inside for a look around and made our way to the hallowed turf...one plastic football later and coats for goal posts and the quickest hat-trick ever recorded at the Dell ever recorded was achieved.

M Hooper in goal, who sucked.....and A Ford fell down a muddy drainage ditch.....oh,the days!

SN

Saints would have won the league in 82, if it had been 3 points for a win (Which was shortly to be introduced) .......bought that one hook line and sinker....turned out to be ********

well actually, they would have had a better chance in ..1984 when they were unbeaten in the last 10 games, but finished only 3 points behind Liverpool (who finished the season less gloriously).

If there had been two more games ?...we might have genuinely won the title.

**NOTE : 3 points for a win was introduced in 1981-82 season .

Edited by david in sweden

I always liked the Burley drinking stories but never pictured or recorded? Did he used to knock on pub doors at 2 am!!

I went for a meal with Burley as part of a charity do. He was ****ed up by the time I arrived and that must have been around 7:00.

What does this mean? Was not missing on the pitch.

I think he means he "went missing" on the pitch, not that he wasn't there. I remember something about it, Keegan threaded a perfect ball through without looking up for Micky, who was over at the touchline getting a race result from a fan with a radio.

The reason Denis Rolfe could stand in his shorts on the touch line in the most freezing conditions is thanks to the bottle of brandy that got consumed in the changing room by said Mr Rolfe and others both before and at half time, legend! Can't even imagine that these days.

I may know you:scared:

Got a few of those myself as I used to know a lad that "facilitated" some of those nights out!

I may know you too:scared::scared:

Was a millbrook lad that I know. Played Sundays with him before he got a lengthy ban for head butting someone infront of the ref. Was a pretty well known face at rhinos and at some of the clubs round Southampton at the time if that's the same as you're thinking?

Was a millbrook lad that I know. Played Sundays with him before he got a lengthy ban for head butting someone infront of the ref. Was a pretty well known face at rhinos and at some of the clubs round Southampton at the time if that's the same as you're thinking?

:( can't pm you until you get ya fiver out!

Southampton spice boys at the Rhino, its just does not work.

I always liked the Burley drinking stories but never pictured or recorded? Did he used to knock on pub doors at 2 am!!

I remember seeing him in the bar at Eastleigh one pre season having a pint just before the game

Dave Jones was the biggest and the most out of order one!

Gary Lineker spotted in the chippy on Bedford place back in the late 80's/early 90's, but went off the Japan instead! I always liked Ted's myself.

I was told a story about how, when Graeme Sounness was manager, he bought a player and fielded him on the say so of George Weah. But it turned out that it wasn't GW that phoned Sounness, rather the player himself pretended to be GW! Anyway, the story goes that this player actually got on the pitch in a top flight game. Although I'm pretty sure that the story is entirely apocryphal.

I was told a story about how, when Graeme Sounness was manager, he bought a player and fielded him on the say so of George Weah. But it turned out that it wasn't GW that phoned Sounness, rather the player himself pretended to be GW! Anyway, the story goes that this player actually got on the pitch in a top flight game. Although I'm pretty sure that the story is entirely apocryphal.

Could you imgine that.