How many points will we get ?

Dalek2003

9th place finish with around 47-50 points... So another 8 points from now... and I've been generous on some of the games.

Top 10 is still progress from last season but am disappointed with the way this season has fizzled out.

Yep, something like this.

Another stagger over the finish line.

43 points would be too close for comfort. I hope we have a few more than that. The CP and Norwich match should bring us 6 points but I have a horrible feeling...

I expect we'll continue our current patchy form and finish in the low-to-mid 50s. Regain some momentum at home against Norwich/Newcastle/Cardiff and we might get something from Everton and/or Utd towards the end.

I know we're having problems taking chances but defence will be crucial. It's remarkable how often we fizzle out once the opposition's scored. If we can shut teams out we'll get the necessary goals.

I can't see us getting another point or scoring another goal, though I am basing that on what I read about the team on here.

Ha!

If a relegation scrap is a kebab and hard liquor at the cheap end of town, and winning something is fine food and champagne in a top restaurant, then mid-table is a meal and a bottle of wine at home with the missus – a contented glow of progressing achievement, albeit... (:suspicious: making sure Mrs Stickman’s not about)... a bit dull.

We’ll finish mid-table.

How have people not slit there wrists reading all these negative comments?! My word, listen to yourselves. Support your team.

Support the team as you see fit, and have the courtesy to allow others to do the same. Some of us think everything has gone tits-up and arent going to kid ourselves and say everything is just so damned peachy when we dont believe it

Palace v Southampton L

Southampton v Norwich W

Southampton v Newcastle D

Man City v Southampton L

Southampton v Cardiff W

Aston Villa v Southampton D

Southampton v Everton L

Swansea v Southampton L

Southampton v Man Utd L

I make it 8 more points.

I wonder how many who feel the season has gone tits up actually pay money to attend regularly.

I paid just under £700 this year to watch Saints. It has been a good season. I have enjoyed the highs and been disappointed with the lows.

Is our season over - no bloody way. We will pick up more wins. This is all about getting the momentum going again. It is not about team confidence. I can assure you they still think they can win every remaining match.

If we finish 9th it will have been a good season.

Happy Clappy? If I am I have paid to have that opinion.

Get behind the team.

We need to get this round of entirely useless international friendlies out of the way anyway. I really do believe that the stress of getting into WC groups or not getting into them is causing undue loss of form in many of our players.

Hope we don't get any injuries on Wednesday though.

Other than that I think we will get about 54 points in total, sort of 4 wins,3 draws and 3 losses, providing we can score occasionally that is, think we really need to reshape the team a bit for that to happen. Not keen on Clyne being totally wasted

so I'd play him at RB and move Chambers forward a notch against Palace, just to see how that works for us.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Palace v Southampton L

Southampton v Norwich W

Southampton v Newcastle D

Man City v Southampton L

Southampton v Cardiff W

Aston Villa v Southampton D

Southampton v Everton L

Swansea v Southampton L

Southampton v Man Utd L

I make it 8 more points.

So 47 points in all. I broadly agree.

Palace D

Norwich D

Newcastle D

Citty L

Cardiff W

Villa L

Everton L

Swansea D

Manure L

46 points.

I think we will struggle to beat anyone who is still fighting for something, be it CL or relegation.

From yesterday one can realize that the players have understood that those above them in the European fight are better teams and that anything better than finishing in the top half is unattainable.

I'm happy with this, it's been a good season, we played some wonderful football at home and away and considering last season's messy first half this season has been much more consistent and a good show of the quality and weaknesses of our current squad. We've certainly not gone backwards.

If we took 2 wins from our first few months and put them in 2014, our season would've looked much better that it does in our current form.

Having said this, looking forward, I believe that we shouldn't be very far from the point where we need to spend another 45 million, but possibly on more than 3 players. Or at least getting more than 1 out of 3 right (regardless of what Ramirez's future here may bring).

But to be honest, I'm happy with being in mid-table for a couple of seasons.

So 47 points in all. I broadly agree.

Palace D

Norwich D

Newcastle D

Citty L

Cardiff W

Villa L

Everton L

Swansea D

Manure L

46 points.

If we get this, we'd have 5 wins in 27 League Games.

It would be a field day for a certain someone.

Though tbf, I'd be worried with that too.