Away days 2013/14

Lord Duckhunter

Now the away days are over for the season, what were your favourite moments.

A great season to follow the saints, with a remarkable number of top flight away wins and decent performances. Never really hammered, and not too many dodgy league performances.

I was lucky enough to do 10 aways and my highlights were the win at Anfield, the equaliser going in at old Trafford , and the second half performance at Fulham. Low points , dire game at Norwich and Boruc's Johan cruff at Arsenal. Best trip for me was Fulham, some great boozers and plenty of saints fans about. Friendliest locals i found were Norwich. Best pubs; coach and horses Norwich, ship and mitre Liverpool.

All in all some great days, well worth the money and some great memories . What does everybody else think?

West Brom away first game of the season, memorable only for the late penalty and last Saturday's late winner at Swansea in a similar dull game kind of bookended Saints' best away points tally in the PL, within which probably Liverpool and Manu were the best of the results. Norwich and Fulham are always good days out. Sadly we may lose Norwich too. Had never been to Stoke before. Interesting place! The Old Stock Joint in Birmingham is a cracking pub.

Old Trafford for me, that was probably the most mad Ive gone after a goal since we played the blue scum. Was a laugh getting the metro back afterwards listening to all the moaning mancs. Didn't enjoy the storm that came through quite as much though!

Yet another vote for Fulham. Sorry to see them not stay up for that reason. Nice place to watch football, friendly locals that you can talk to and plenty of places to eat and drink. And having a neutrals area means that it is easy to get tickets.

Few away frequents in my area at SMS agree that Norwich and Fulham are the best trips. Nice local supporters, good surroundings and apparently a choice of quality pubs.

They also add Swansea for a sound day trip though the stadium experience is less interesting. Guess the fact that both matches were towards the end of the season and with great weather on the day helped.

Did not go to any :(. Must be the first time this century that I have not done an away game!

Best from a far Liverpool. Man U just does not seem as good now as it did back when the game was played!

Liverpool was class. Not only the result, but my lot won £600 and got a shirt thrown in the crowd. Had 2 good nights out too. Best celebration was definitely at Old Trafford, god how I enjoyed that. Love away days, wish they'd sort out an away ST though, would save a lot of hassle.

Only did six this season which was pretty poor by my standards. Kind of bored of premier league away days though as they cost so much and the atmosphere is normally sh.it from the home fans.

My away days:

League

West Brom - 9/10 (last minute winner really felt like the momentum kicker as the game was turgid)

Norwich - 4/10 (just a bad day at the office)

Liverpool - 10/10 (great atmosphere, great weather, great performance and great result)

Man Utd - 8/10 (decent performance, enjoyed poking fun at the Man Utd supporters, and a late equaliser - should have won though)

Stoke - 6/10 (horrible weather, decent performance, crazy goals)

Newcastle - 6/10 (never really got going in the game, but a decent point)

Sunderland - 6/10 (threw it away but was good to watch a game after all the Cortese stuff)

Hull - 8/10 (great performance, really controlled the game and should have had more, decent atmosphere for midweek away as well)

Man City - 6/10 (decent performance albeit limp second half after the ridiculous officiating mistake, and horrible injury to Jay Rod)

League Cup

Barnsley - 6/10 (not a great match but saw five goals and great to see the kids play)

Sunderland - 5/10 (bad performance, seeing Reed was the only enjoyable part)

Did all of the league games apart from West Brom, Liverpool and Norwich. Shame to miss out on the first two but seems I didn't miss much at Norwich!

Atmosphere wise, I thought we were very average this season, which is strange given how good our away form ended up being and we take much better followings than we used to. Goal celebration at Old Trafford was ridiculous and the second half at Fulham was great. Train journey to Sunderland one of the lowlights of the season...and throwing that game away after being embarrassingly good for the first half hour.

Best home fans were Swansea and Hull I thought.